Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Fitbit with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have a Charge 2 Fitbit, and since a week ago can't sync anymore. I tried to uninstall install the app again, then restart my phone. I tried to go to settings and Bluetooth on and off, when it looks for devices to add Fitbit doesn't show so I can't add it. I don't know what to do anymore. Could anyone help? Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

Having tried restarting your phone without any luck, try restarting your Charge 2 by putting it on charge then pressing and holding the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thank you for your answer. I did it, but still my app doesn't show any exercise records since a week ago, and still no showings even though I have refreshed the app.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @star68 you say the app doesnt show any exercises, does the app show the step count on the Charge 2?

Have you done the standard steps

Remove Charge 2 from the phones bluetooth?

Cleared the Fitbit apps cache amd force stopped the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
Thank you for your reply. The steps it shows on the watch but not on the app, the latest recorded exercise on the app was a week ago. It doesn't show the sleeping patterns neither.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Hi Star  I am having same exact issue, over a wk too. Have android. Tried everything, except the force stop, and removing from bluetooth. Here and there it will sync. Ive had it not even a yr.

Best Answer

With my android phone, force stopping the fitbit app, clearing the apps cache are the first two steps I try.

Normally one is recommended to first remove the tracker from the phones bluetooth

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I did the force stop, removed app , reinstalled. Did blue tooth too. No luck

Best Answer

Since your last update my app show no stats. Your app is junk. I saw all the written complaints about not updating.  What didn't you do to right this situation

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. I have not found anything from Fitbit acknowledging that the update may have caused a problem. Like many folks who have commented, I have tried all the suggestions with no positive results. I have had the same phone and Versa for over 2 years with no problems. Now the only thing my watch does is tell time and count steps.

Best Answer
Hi, exactly the same with me. I hope they sort it out. Regards.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Thank you forNfor your reply. No, it doesn't count or register any exercise on the app. I tried everything, still doesn't work. By the posts I am reading it's happening to a lots of customers. Fitbit should do something about it.

Best Answer

I have had the same issue and have done all the recommended fixes.  My time on my fit bit is not even correct.  Fit bit please fix this issue

Best Answer

I have had the same problem since updating the app yesterday. It is sooooooo frustrating as I am in the middle of a challenge. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I have force reset the fitbit charge 2 that I have, I have disconnected and reconnected by Bluetooth. None of this has had any effect at all. 

Best Answer

I haven't been able to sync either and the app says there are no new updates so thats the only time i've had any sync issues before is when I need to update the app. I talked to someone from fitbit and they walked me through troubleshooting and nothing worked and offered me discount to upgrade to a new fitbit. And I'm very tempted to do that, I've been wanting an upgrade anyway. But I'm worried that I might still have this sync issue cuz I am not sure whats causing the issue.

Best Answer
I am having the same situation
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue with my charge HR, also since July 24. It will not sync and I have gone through all of the steps to fix it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@star68 thre app will tell you the day amd tome of the last sync., it sounds like a sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

App is showing sync complete but it's not showing correct or up to date info on steps .. etc. and it said the last sync was yesterday.  This is an android with Alta HR.  I've tried logging out, logging in and up-dates are current.  What am I missing?  What else can I try?

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Same issue with my versa lite. Now it isn't even registering as a device to pair via Bluetooth. 

Best Answer