Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync with Fitbit's phone app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about a week now my fitbit phone app is not matching up to my watch. It keeps saying unable to sync, can not reach device or sync has already been scheduled. I'm in the middle of challenges and just got off a 20HR shift where I walk all day long. The app is showing it needs to sync as well as only having walked for 18K steps which is done in a 9HR work work day. And today the app is only showing 880 steps. I have no idea how to fix this please help.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63
Actually that is untrue, the first time they instructed me to turn off my
Surge, it rebooted back to the original settings. The exercises I
specifically had added are gone. I am beyond frustrated!!!
Best Answer

Hey everyone -- I recommend trying out the following troubleshooting tips:

1. Confirm that your mobile device is listed as a supported device here.
  2. Confirm that your phone's Bluetooth is turned ON.
  3. Confirm that you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app.
  4. In addition to these, I recommend checking out these platform specific tips.

If that doesn't resolve the issues, I suggest contacting our Support Team and letting them know of your experience. I am fully confident that our team will be able to help you get back on track. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Done already and support team has been contacted and gave same advice you did. 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So what I finally decided to do was connect my charger to my computer and hold down the button for 12 seconds, might have been a bit more. Then I took it out of the charger and turned it back on. I didn't lose anything. Thank goodness.
Best Answer
Same problem as everyone else. Tried all the suggestions. Still won't sync!
Best Answer

I have similar problem. I have three phones Moto X, Samsung S5 and a new Moto Pure Edition. My FitBit Blaze syncs with both the Moto X and Samsung phone but it will not even pair with the new Moto Pure Edition. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Hey, @bdug@picaso813@lsnyder@urkson! It is nice to have you here. If you are still having issues after trying all the troubleshooting steps provided in this thread, I suggest you get in contact with our Support team so they can provide with the best options available. Man Wink

If the phone has not been added to this list, is because it has not been tested by our engineers and some features might work and some others might no, or it can not work at all. I'm sorry about this, but they are currently updating this list, so let's hope that your phone will be implemented soon! Heart

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having all these issues also for about three days now. I've done all the suggestions from the mods on here. Something is wrong with the app. I can never get the app to sync unless I reboot my phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here  having problems syncing with both android phone and computer!!  getting a little annoyed after restarting twice and still no results.

Best Answer
I was lucky after the 3rd reboot of the blaze it synced.
Best Answer
Syncing is a nightmare. Tried everything suggested above. Seems a real problem
Best Answer

None of these options has worked for me.  I have only had problems with the latest fitbit update on the app.

Best Answer

Hello, @sdhoey@miralexis@JooDS2@lajmoran! I'm happy to see you here. If you are still experiencing issues after restarting your tracker, you made sure you are running the latest version of the App and have logged out and back in from the App, please get in contact with our Customer Support team, they have some tools to further investigate what is going on with your tracker. 

Hey, @urkson, I'm glad to hear that you are back on track!Heart

Keep me posted! Woman Happy

Best Answer

I was having this issue for several days.  I was getting "can't connect to fitbit.com".   I logged into fitbit on my computer and my phone started syncing.

Best Answer
  • I've been trying this for 4 days now and really fed up, what is the problem with the charge 2
Best Answer

Hey, @CYAAK, @Grandmatf! Welcome aboard! Heart Please restart your tracker at least 3 times in a row and then follow the setup process, if it doesn't work using the App, please do it using a computer by following the instructions below:

1. Insert the wireless sync dongle into a USB port on your computer. If you don't have a dongle, we recommend upgrading to Windows 10 before continuing or you can also buy a wireless sync dongle from the Fitbit Store.
  2. Go to http://www.fitbit.com/setup.
  3. Scroll down and click the option to download. If the button does not correctly show your type of computer (for example, if it says “Download for Mac”), choose the correct type, then click the button.
  4. When prompted, save the file that appears.
  5. Find and double click the file (FitbitConnect_Win.exe). The Fitbit Connect installer opens.
  6. Click Continue to move through the installer.
  7. When prompted, choose Set up a New Fitbit Device.
  8. Follow the onscreen instructions to create a Fitbit account and connect your tracker.

@Grandmatf, I'm glad to hear that you are back on track! 

@CYAAK, let me know how it goes! Man Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just upgraded from Galaxy 6 to 8+ and charge 2 wont sync. Tried turning off bluetooth uninstal fitbit app and reinstal no joy.  What next. 

Best Answer

Hi i have tried all of the what you have been suggesting all evening, forced the app off, connected the fitbit and pressed the button 3 times, powered on and off, got rid of the app and popped it back on and it still doesn't sync properly.

Today i have 7800 steps the app says 2966 steps arggggg

Best Answer

I've been having the same issues since last night. I have tried all the suggested steps ( uninstall app, turn bluetooth off and on, turn phone off and on etc etc). Nothing is working, it's synced once today then that was it!

Best Answer

Come on fitbit own up. You have messed up. Now deal with it. You will be haemorrhaging customers at this rate. I think you should henceforth be known as fibbit. Because I certainly feel that we are all being given the runaround. 

Best Answer