Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync with Fitbit's phone app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For about a week now my fitbit phone app is not matching up to my watch. It keeps saying unable to sync, can not reach device or sync has already been scheduled. I'm in the middle of challenges and just got off a 20HR shift where I walk all day long. The app is showing it needs to sync as well as only having walked for 18K steps which is done in a 9HR work work day. And today the app is only showing 880 steps. I have no idea how to fix this please help.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
63 REPLIES 63
Since last 2 days I spent 30-45 mins to sync this crap to the app. This is what I follow. Delete the App and keep trying to setup your device. If you are lucky, you will get it synched.
Best Answer
I finally got device added back buy within an hour, it stopped syncing. I
am over it.
Best Answer
This is my second posy regarding this issue that started on 09/18. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and up until late afternoon on the 18th my tracker would sync. I have emailed customer support and the physically called today. I have logged out, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, restarted the Surge, removed the device and finally got it reinstalled today at noon. According to customer service, the device is syncing. According to my app, tracker can't be found. I do not have time to constantly throughout the day turn on/off, log out, etc. I have checked all settings and everything is correct. Help!! Is anyone out there able to continually sync and see data without having to do all the above???
Best Answer
I have been having this issue for about 2 months now I temp fixed it but then it stopped my last synce was Sept 11. I tried every single step down to un pairing my charge and re pairing it. I hope they fix this soon because I can't keep track . We pay quite a bit of money for these and we can t even keep track . This should have been fixed by now. I have the droid turbo 2
Best Answer
It appears a lot of people are having syncing issues so good to know I'm
not alone. I agree it needs to be fixed. As I said to them yesterday, the
issue lies with the app, with fitbit.com or a combination of the two. We
all cannot have "bad" trackers. Hopefully, this issue will be resolved
soon.
Best Answer

I have had this Fitbit Charge for 2 months and I have been hassling with getting it to sync since September 18th.  None of the suggestions have worked.  It was great until it stopped syncing both with my phone and the computer.  I want my money back.

Best Answer
I am disappointed myself. I was always told what great service Fitbit had
in regards to resolving issues. I tried this forum first, then emailed
support, and they called customer service yesterday and spoke with 4
different people. My gut says it is an issue with the fitbit app,
fitbit.com or combo of both. It does not seem to be isolated to android
users as IPhone users are having the same issue. The more folks that can
email or call with this complaint is the only way they will listen. I'm
almost tempted to start calling every day.
Best Answer
I reset my Fitbit after charging it about a week ago, started having success syncing but as of this morning it has started acting up again. Moderator, darlin, this issue ISN'T solved, you merely think it is.
Best Answer
It's just the app not the charge it's self.
Best Answer
Omg...I have tried this so many times until I am blue in the face. It doesn't always work and if it does it is very short term. There is a bigger underlying issue here.
Best Answer
Consecutive 3rd day, I am not able to sync. I need to try the same uninstall and reinstall again and again to see it works. Thanks Fitbit team for this wonderful product. It seems we need to start a campaign to fix this!
Best Answer
Try just impairing it with just the Bluetooth part of your phone and don't
re pair
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you using wifi or cell data connection? I found a way not surw whether that works for u
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am using wifi.
Best Answer
0 Votes
What I observed is the moment it starts the sync, turn off wifi. This seems to be working for me. For past 3 days, I tried this. Also when you are repairing, do the same.
Best Answer

A miracle has occured 🙂 and I have been able to get my Fitbit to sync.  This was recommended by the  Fitbit people, and I had to do it twice (last evening,) but I am still synced.  

"If your tracker didn't sync, restart your tracker. To restart do the following:
   - Plug your charging cable into the USB port (I did this with the adaptor - not my laptop)  and insert the other end into the port on the back of your Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
   - Press and hold the button for 30 seconds.  Wait until the Fitbit icon shows.
   - Let go of the button.
   - Unplug your tracker from the charging cable."

I hope this helps someone!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm using Wi-Fi.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Stop the wifi when it starts the sync. See whether it syncs with your cell data. It works for me perfectly!
Best Answer
0 Votes
So I have tried everything except the restarting of the fitbit because I don't want to lose what I have. I have tried charging it to sync it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
According to Fitbit, you won't lose anything. I restarted it twice and did
not lose anything.
Best Answer
0 Votes