Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not receiving text messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought the new Versa ~1 month ago and was able to receive text message notifications. After the recent update, I haven't been getting notified for text messages. I am able to still receive email (gmail), and other notifications (snap chat, other apps I have deemed "yes" to receive notifications on my Versa). I have tried disabling and then re-enabling notifications. I have tried turning off blue tooth and then re activating bluetooth.

I have a Versa on LG G and am not receiving text notifications. 

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

I have also not been able to receive text messages since recent update. Any help? I've tried it all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told they are working on a fix. I message the Fitbit team yesterday. I am having the same issues. I am not sure how long it will take, I am hoping not long

Best Answer

I just received my Versa tonight and am having the same issue... not receiving notifications of incoming text messages.  So disappointing!

Best Answer

I just got a new phone a Samsung Notes 8. I do not receive text messages. 

Best Answer
I believe it's anyone using message+ that is having the issue. I am hoping
they have this fixed soon.
Best Answer

I was able to get my text messages as well as the ability to quick reply if I switched to the generic messaging app from android on my phone (not messages +, aka Verizon's messaging app). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my versa for mothers day, and I am receiving texts as well. I get call notifications but not text. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So. Did they resolve this issue. I just bought the best yesterday. I have an S8.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No... not to my knowledge!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep not that I know of.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my fitbit Versa yesterday and have a samsung note 8. I'm not receiving texts or calls on mine. I tried following the directions, but don't see an option to have them sent to my phone. Reading this thread it looks like it's an issue with the Versa and Note 8. Is it still an issue or did someone figure out a fix? Thank you so much for your help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope! Still not getting texts!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine to work. The steps I found online were wrong for me. Hope these steps work for you. 

Open fitbit app

Click on account in the upper right

Click on Versa

Look towards the bottom where it says "general"

Under that you will find notifications

Click on notifications and you should find the option to receive text messages, phone calls, etc on your Versa. 

Hope this work a for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my versa on Black Friday.... having the same issue with calls and messages. When I go into my notification options, it does not even let me select calls or messages. Although, it lets me choose flashlight notifications, so I have that going for me I guess....

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone from Fitbit is monitoring these messages, please respond and let us know if this has been fixed or when it will be fixed!  Thanks.

Best Answer

So am I understanding this right..... you can ONLY receive notifications  and NOT READ the text itself??? Someone please help....I thought you could read them on your phone 😏

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Fit bit yesterday and I got 3 text then it stopped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not Receiving the text messages at all.  I was told that its because I used Verizon's Message+... but you would think this could be fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Thanks for sharing your experience and all of the steps that you have tried to get the notifications to work.

I'd like to take a closer look at what is happening and ask some questions:

• What phone's are you using and what Android version are they running?
  • Has this always been the case or did it start one day?
  • If the latter, when did it start?

In the meantime I'd like to recommend that you try to follow the steps listed in this help article. Some of the steps you might have already tried but please give them all a shot in the order they are listed.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes