Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa notifications are not working with Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa does not receive notifications on calls...I  have unpaired and paired and blessed day cked settings both on phone and Versa but it still does not function....what should I do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Hi there @LECuba, my apologies for the late response and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I was reading your post that notifications are not working. You did good in trying to unpaired and paired your tracker for the purpose to fix this issue.

For general troubleshooting, please give it a try to this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

If the issue continue make sure your phone is listed as compatible and try these suggestions:

1. You can unpair your tracker in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. If you are unsure how to verify or change settings for your mobile device, refer to instructions provided by your device manufacturer. For most Android mobile devices, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find your tracker in the list of paired devices, and then tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your tracker.
  2. Reboot your mobile device.
  3. In the Fitbit app, tap Allow notifications access and allow access to the Fitbit Notification Service, and then turn on call, text, or calendar notifications.

Hope this helps to receive notifications. Catch you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, and I've tried these steps but I still can't get my Versa to get notifications from my Pixel 3a.  They sync just fine, but I bought the Versa for the notifications.  Otherwise I would have bought a cheap fitness tracker.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Don

Best Answer

I'm also facing same issue can someone please help me in resolving this problem

Best Answer

I have tried this and it seems to only work temporarily even with pairing/unpairing the device. Having to do this every few days is frustrating. As others stated, I bought the versa for the notifications!

Best Answer

I am also having this problem. No vibration with the notifications, so I have no way of knowing they are there. This started after the latest update. I see that there is a known issue for iphone, is the same true for android or is this problem due to something else?

I've restarted the phone and the watch multiple times

unpaired and repaired bluetooth

deleted the versa and reinstalled

I can't think of anything else to try.

I know there used to be a way to turn off vibration for notifications (I think it was in settings?) on the watch because once I did that by mistake, but I can't find that option at all anymore with the new update.

Best Answer
I have the same problem!!!!
Best Answer

I tried everything and nothing was working, so I got online and started talking to tech support, while I was explaining my problem someone texted me... and it worked!!!

Maybe you should try that! lol.

It's been a couple hours now and (fingers crossed) it's still working!

Best Answer
Thank you! Will try....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ruby, great that it works for you. Can you share what was the solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, please share how to fix.....

Best Answer

Same issue here. I have tried all of the trouble shooting. Fitbit please look into this as it is not just an iOS problem!

Best Answer

Actually, I did nothing, it just started working again on it's own while I was on hold trying to chat with FitBit IT. Before that, I did all the usual stuff and nothing worked. So I'm sorry, I have no good answer for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted to be able to use versa 2 to work music on phone so turned on music on phone app (Amazon). Paired my bluetooth to versa2 classic. It worked. But then notifications didnt. Unpaired classic, turned off music app. And bluetooth. Placed bluetooth to pair in watch setting (gear/wheel) turned bluetooth back on and voila, back to notifications. Bit of a hassle to swap around, my phone is nearby usually anyway for music. Rather have notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And Fitbit doesn't want to do anything to make it right currently. I'll be continuing to call back! I called twice in one day and went through all of their troubleshooting steps, no results!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it was the update too! They need to roll it back or put out an emergency update, or replace the Fitbit if other Fitbit smartwatches aren't having issues too.

Best Answer

Having the same issue on Pixel 3. Did a troubleshooting session with the customer service involving background data permission, battery optimization, and location service. My phone setting was fine as it was. There was nothing more that the agent could do. He admitted that.

I am returning this useless Versa 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i am facing the same issue with android 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the unpairing if the phone and fitbit versa. I even tried factory reset. Still no notifications.

It just happen when I install a new face and did not finish installing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, you just have to remove battery optimization, it is working absolutely fine, I had the same issue, now it is working.

Best Answer