Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

Note 8. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try this on the note 8

Go to settings 

Apps

Show all system Apps

Find Bluetooth

Clear Cache

Clear Storage

go to bluetooth

make sure its been unpaired there should be nothing there

go back to fit bit app

let fitbit app turn on bluetooth see if it connects

Give it a Good 2 mins as well 

if it doesn't pair turn off phone

turn off watch

restart phone first 

then watch

there repeat the above steps once more  to clear bluetooth out and try again

do not Use Restart Phone shut it down let it power off totally 

Also try and have fit bit the only thing paired with bluetooth 

Best Answer
Unfortunately, after the firmware update, the notifications push from my
phone (Huawei P10+) to my Versa no longer works. Kept constantly prompting
to restart my phone. Drove me nuts so I just disabled the notifications.
Best Answer

Thanks. I dealt don't know what I'm doing . I don't even know how to put the watch off.  N the button on the right hand side is not doing anything that I can see. Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions I used them and have not had an issue since. I was so worried I would continue to have the same problem. Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, my apologies for the late response and  I'm sorry for the troubles with the connectivity of the Fitbit Versa. I was reading some of you have been trying different suggestions to address this issue.

If the issue continues, @Ta2man has provided a great set of steps to address this behavior. So it would not hurt to give it a try in addition to the basic troubleshooting steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Regarding the updates of the Fitbit app, it is worth to mention these are gradually released until it reach all our users. So it is possible at the beginning may not be ready to download, so is just matter to check later.

@E.T. I saw your concern and you are referring to an know issue under review. You might have seen this already, but for more details please refer to this post: "Notification service not running" error.

See you later and thanks for all your comments.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I so fed up with notifications and syncing disconnections it such a shame for great hardware to be let down by the software - I am just running out of fixs so annoying

Best Answer

Charge or versa these fitbits just dont want to bluetooth???.

My gRmin connects everytime

come on fitbit get robust!

Best Answer

To my Disappointment  I have had to go back to Android watch again I just can't stand the disconnection issue ,syncing errors , and not getting notification , totally ruined my expwexperice 

Best Answer

My versa was syncing and connecting perfectly with my Pixel 2 XL up until last friday. Now it won't even pair the device via bluetooth. I have been trying reconnect it for the past 3 days, I've followed all steps to fix it but it just doesn't want to be fixed :(. I will probably just return my versa because it just keeps having connectivity issues that I'm tired of dealing with.

Best Answer

yes i am on my second versa - its the way they are trying to use the app it just doesn't work as it should well not on android at all . i've tried it on lots of different phones  , hpmor 9- honor v10 - honor 10 - oneplus 5 - next bit robin - galaxy a52017 - s8 plus - moto g6 plus - only one i can get it to connect to with any decent success for a prolong period of time is s8 plus - but i am on a custom rom with that as well so ,- I just don't understand it at all - sometime it shows  up other times it doesn't - its never says it connected like other devices - i get there trying to have it so you put the app on any device and it works but it just doesn't work  with android like that it dose with iphone - just feel really gutted right know - such a shame as well - SO DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!!! 

Best Answer

I have a Note 8. My versa has been syncing fine since I got it about 2 months ago, but for some reason it stopped 6 days ago. I tried a few things and finally just unpaired and repaired after cycling off and that seems to have re-connected. The Versa was shown in my phone's list of paired devices, but it would not connect. I have no idea why it stopped. I was happy my step count from yesterday was there, but I lost the prior 6 days. Oh well. We'll see how long this pairing lasts. I did just change from Verizon Wireless to AT&T, but that was 8 days ago. Not sure why a cell phone carrier change would affect the phone/watch bluetooth connection, but I had to re-pair with my car after the switch as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The charge 2 is so small there’s no way the battery will power a strong Bluetooth signal especially if there’s any other device interference.. another Fitbit or TV etc

this Bluetooth problem stops me ever wanting to buy a Fitbit for myself in fact the charge 2 fell to big s then the charger lead pulled the clip off the back of the watch and the small on/off button fell out lost. Hopeless construction compared to garmin. So pleased for my forerunner 225 but it lacks real interaction like fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just an update, my website dashboard is now showing me data from those thought-to-be-lost 5 days. Not sure why they were not showing up after it initially began to sync again, but I'm not complainin'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Fitbit app updated once again. And while I can't see my versa on my phone as paired with my phone, I'm actually getting notifications.  Weird but what can you do?!  😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same drama for these first 2 days with my versa. Exactly the same.

So I installed a different Bluetooth app. Just went to play store, searched Bluetooth, and installed the first one (Bluetooth Auto Connect). Now it connects like a charm. No more issues Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but that’s my point third party app just to communicate with iPad or android phone should not be necessary no other device I have has a problem only Fitbit 

The charge 2 was ok for a while hence formulating the idea that the device lacks power to transmit a strong Bluetooth signal after a certain number of charges or something similar 

Best Answer
0 Votes

By the way, why would the website dashboard show me steps counts etc. on days that my phone does not? When my Versa stopped syncing with my phone around June 13 (just after switching from VZW to AT&T), un-pairing and re-pairing worked on June 19, but my phone dashboard has zeros for steps on the missing days while the website dashboard has correct counts. How is this possible?

Update:

Nevermind. If I go back to a day with 0 step count and then ask it to sync now, it pulls the data for that day and the prior day. I scrolled back through days and did a sync each time and was able to get my phone to show my data for those days now. I just didn't realize it worked this way.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone, I understand the frustration you are experiencing with this issue and  I'm glad to read @bkeller you recover your steps.

Is true that should not be necessary unofficial third party apps to maintain a steady bluetooth connection.

Some of the phone mentioned here not that has not been confirmed as compatible and in these scenarios we cannot guarantee it functionality. I have mentioned this earlier, If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We are constantly testing new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models.

A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility. For more details this help article will provide more information Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

So far that's all the information available. Thank you for your feedback.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I have a Motorola driod turbo in my hand and a Versa on my wrist.  The Bluetooth connection shows the Versa as an installed device.  When I turn Bluetooth ON, the screens shows an attempt to connect with other BT devices, but not the Versa.   Clicking the dashboard, Versa device, shows it synced yesterday at 7:30pm, and yet the Fitbit app displays some sleep tracking info about last night and then a message pops up saying, "Bluetooth issues" and wanting me to restart BT.  Doing that has no effect by clicking restart as well as restarting BT on the phone. With that kind of flaky connection, all of the functionality with the app is unpredictable and undependable. 

It's really just an expensive digital watch that has to be charged every 4 days.
Best Answer