Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

I'm having the same issue with my one plus three. It's there but won't connect... 😒

Best Answer

Also having a lot of sync problems, often ending in a few phone/Versa restarts needed.

(Sony Xperia XZ1 - not shown on supported devices, but not sure if that is because it has not been updated)

Best Answer

I have Galaxy S8, having the same problem with my Versa.. 😞

Best Answer

Me too. I have deleted the app, re added it, restarted the watch, added and removed the pairing. It will not connect. 

Best Answer

Same here, but with lots of fiddling I managed to get through it.  I have a Pixel 2 XL.  I enabled bluetooth on my phone, and the app claims to have "Found it!", but when I enter into the Fitbit app the number I see on my watch,  it hangs forever saying "Connecting". The phone and watch are 2 feet apart.  An app like this should never hang forever; it should time out, display an error message, and suggest some troubleshooting steps.  I terminated and restarted the app, and the second time it got through the connection phase and continued to setting up my wifi and updating the watch.

Best Answer

I also have a Pixel 2 Xl, and can send clock faces and so on to the versa, but it's not connecting over Bluetooth for notifications or music control. It appears in my list of Bluetooth devices that are paired, but doesn't actually connect when you tap on it. Really would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Best Answer

Mine was working now won' connect to Bluetooth. Shows in my paired devices but won' connect??

Best Answer

Any luck figuring it out? I have the exact same issue: Pixel XL, paired fine initially but now it won't connect to Bluetooth. The FitBit app came up with a message at one point last night and asked me to restart Bluetooth. That fixed the issue for a few minutes, but now it won't connect again even though I see it paired with my phone.

Best Answer

I'm having same problem. I've talked to tech support and even done a factory reset. Now I can't get my Fitbit to reconnect to my phone. I really hope they come up with a new update or troubleshooting solution soon.

Best Answer

Same here, it worked well the first week but starting having problems last week. Not both my iphone and pixel don't even see the versa, not matter which phone i try

Best Answer

Post deleted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try the force sync with wifi when I get home from work. hopefully it will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also having the issue with my pixel XL 2 and was having this issue with my Fitbit Alta HR. Initial setup took forever too. I'm wondering if it's an Android issue or phone issue rather than the Fitbit. This needs to be fixed asap or I'm returning this. Smh

Restarting phone is the only solution that works at the moment for my pixel XL 2 btw, forgot to mention

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Same problem here aswell got it yesterday and it worked fine for few hours then i was not able to sync data from fitbit to phone app tried to force sync many times and today morning just deleted the versa from app and started setup again now can't even get notifications and it is also not connected with bluetooth shows in paired devices but can't get connected can't get notifications can't get it synced to app

Best Answer

How do you force the versa to synch with your phone over wifi?  My phone, moto z play, finds every other blue tooth device in the house but not the versa.  I'm thinking synching over wifi might be a more reliable option for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm already on my 2nd versa and I've had the same problems with both. It's infuriating. I have a Galaxy S8+ and there's nothing wrong with my phone.  It's 100% the app but fitbit doesn't want to acknowledge that. They want me to stay on the phone with them for even more time going through the same insane troubleshooting steps that I've already done 25+ times. Restarting the phone is the only way to even get the app to recognize that the watch exists and I won't do that every time it decides to act glitchy.

Sadly, Versa #2 is heading back also.  Shame because I love the size and weight of it.

Best Answer

I don't know if it is a aoft reset or restart for versa but try holding the button on left and lower right together for like 10 sec and you will see fitbit logo and after that it should work fine.

Or i should say it worked for me now my versa is syncing properly and also getting notifications. So give it a try might help

Best Answer

I've done this several times before and it doesn't do anything, restarting my phone l pixel XL 2 fixes it.

Best Answer

Doesn't work for me. Only power cycling through the phone does and for me, that's not a reasonable fix. Fitbit updating the app is the only reasonable fix. 

Best Answer