Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

I've tried that.  I've restarted, reinstalled the software, restarted the phone etc and nothing works.  It did remind me that I had so many steps to go before the hour was up. Strangely I think my phone is actually getting the updated steps from connecting to my iPad or my online fitbit account that is being updated by my iPad. What I want though is my phone talking to my watch so my calendar reminders, text messages and phone calls show up.  That's what I paid for but am not getting. And why can I see every other blue tooth device in the house but not this one on my phone. That's crazy.  And it shows me that its a fitbit error.

Best Answer

Post has been deleted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Syncing ONLY works on WIFI, I've never got Bluetooth to work at all. It worked before the update, after the update. there is ONLY wifi sync. which is a lot more battery drain.

I think there is a serious issue with the hardware, or software.

[[EDIT]] [[UPDATE]]

I take that back..... there is a way..

Not sure why BUT..  reboot phone, turn on wifi. sync. make sure its all connecting. THEN Goto setting from the phone in fitbit app:

turn on all day sync

scroll down and turn on always connected.

Then sync once, turn off wifi,

move around and look back at app, your steps will have gone up. 

That's as far as I have got on testing. 

Best Answer

Oddly enough it just started telling me my calendar events etc.  I will save your instructions though if it stops doing what it's doing now!  I don't want to mess with anything if it's going to start working. 😀 Thanks for your reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the S8+ and cannot get mine to connect. I'm getting veryfrustrated!

Best Answer

Me too!

New Alta hr. ..have Samsung GS7 phone. Bluetooth worked fine with Charge HR. Set up went fine with Alta, then nothing for 2 days.  🙁

Help! Getting "RESTART BLUETOOTH " pop-ups . Nothing works. 

Best Answer

Worked for about an hour and a half and then stopped once again .I don't want to mess with it anymore because it says my versa is paired with my phone.  At least it sees it. Sad that I paid this money for a watch I really like but the software that runs it is bad. 

Scratch that.  Worked for about an hour and a half then stopped. It actually shows that it's paired now in my Bluetooth on my phone so I don't want to change anything and make things worse.  It's sad that they have made a nice watch and the crappy software is the downfall of the product.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

Tried RESTART PHONE & w/ all the other stuff mentioned... it WORKED ! 😊

Best Answer

Same problem with my Huawei P Smart (also tried with a Samsung S4).

Went back to store today after 4 factory resets and got a new Fitfit Versa. Same problem. Smiley Sad

Tried everyting you guys mentioned, but nothing solved te problem. No sync!

Is it strange if I expected a good working watch/tracker for this kind of money?

Going back tomorrow, to get my money back! Am all set with the Fitbit Versa.Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer

Try this - I have Been fiddling with mine the last 24 hours and  this seems to get it going , might need to restart your phone , also tested on Oneplus 5 - and S8 Plus - Also honor View 10 - Honor 9  all the same wont sync right , but then i tries this on the Honor 9 and it seems to getting sync and notifications , there is something seriously wrong with the app , they released a hardware that doesn't pair with phone bluetooth Unbelievable really , and to say they acquired Pebble as well , me think the pebble team has done it on purpose LOL anyways on to the fix or possible fix worked for me on Honor 9

1 Go To Settings on Your Phone 

2 Go To App & Notification

3 All Apps

4 Scroll To Fitbit App 

5 Permission Toggle All On 

6 Notifications - Make sure Toggle Is On , Make sure Enabled Sync Is on 

7 Go to Battery 

8 Choose Launch 

9 Make Sure Automatically Is Toggled Off , Make sure In Manage Manually Auto Launch , Secondary Launch ,Run In Background Are All Toggled On 

10 See if notifications work , You May Need to Restart Your Phone Once , Also You Can Turn Of Notifications Dots , And For Toast Notifications In Status Bar , Worked for me , Have been Getting Notifications for The Past 5 Hours , No Red Warning About Service Not Running , Still a Bit Of Delay in Getting a Notification But Least It's Working , Try It See If It Woks For You 

Best Answer

Followed all the steps as written above, did not help.

Bye Bye Fitbit, you go back to the store and I will continue my search for a watch that will synch without any problems.

Best Answer

Same here, it sync and connect only to the pc, and to an old samsung j5 of my mon. 

My oneplus, my dad's huawei, My mon samsung are incapable of connecting, they found the versa, and it ends there. 

And I need to change phone, but as I can see, this thing it's not compatible with any phone that has less than 3 years...

Mine it's going back to the shop too, in days I have not find any reasonable explanation or solution. 

Best Answer

Same issue. It seemed to be able to set up Notifications initially (before the software on the Versa was loaded for first setup), and now it says I need to set up Bluetooth. BUT it’s already connected and syncing. It turns OFF all day sync even though it’s working when I try to go to the Notifications panel. So far, no Notifications on the Versa with the iPhone 6S. 😞

Best Answer
I can get mine to sync to my android tablet when it on the charger. But doesn’t sync when I’m using my phone. The Bluetooth is connected.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the settings in my phone are a little different from yours, for instance there is nothing about Enabled sync and several other settings in the fitbit app settings, so your even though I appreciate the effort you made, your directions didn't help me. 

I called tech support (877-623-4997) and with a techie on the phone we checked to make sure my phone software was up to date, which is sound strategy. Then we downloaded the Windows 10 Fitbit app software by going to fitbit.com/setup to select the right app (used a Windows account login) and began connecting my laptop to Versa with bluetooth, and showed a 4 digit pin on the Versa that I entered on my computer.  I opened the fitbit app and clicked the screen rectangle on the top right corner and selected the option to add a device. It got past the "connecting" step.  When I proceeded to set up the device it started a "Setting up Versa" download that took a long time, about 30 minutes.  The Versa shows a big green progress bar.  The techie says that the new software should allow the phone to connect after I turn off the laptop Bluetooth.  In fact, when I did that and opened the phone app, the Versa was connected and ready to use. 

Apparently the software in the Fitbit has been updated subsequent to what was loaded at time of manufacture.  IF you don't have a computer that will connect, I don't know how you would update the software. 

Best Answer

I did all of the updates, have reinstalled, deinstalled, restarted, restarted the Fitbit, played with the software on the phone, played with the Fitbit software, etc etc etc .I think the main point is it's ridiculous in this day and age that a piece of software is the downfall of this product .I get text and calendar reminder sporadically.  The watch is nice, the software product that should connect with it is really bad .

Best Answer

it updates via your phone first time you connect your phone to the versa , so my forward has already been updated , and also your talking about connecting to a pc which I haven't done yet , also the steps in my post are for honor 9 phone Android and all Huawei based phones , in Google pixle and also Android phones the setup is slightly different again , and it also different on oneplus5 and different again on Samsung , a lot of what I suspect the issue is , it's API that's not talking to the watch or some Bluetooth API that's not compatable , but with certain it will be cause they are using the same API code , but it's really frustrating for lots of people with different phones cause the majority of user iyt won't connect or it won't send notifications as it should or as described shame , it's needs more development in this day n age 5 or 6 years wouldn't have been a big issue as such but these days so many different phones on Android I understand it's difficult to o mail it done but there are lots of smart watches even unbranded ones that work , with all phones , take a look at smartwatch tics on YouTube , I just don't understand why fitbit can't get it right 

Yes 100 Percent agree and what make is slightly worse they even aqquired peeble , which is another reason why  can't understand how bad it is , the pebble watch connected to any phone , so that beings the case , what gone wrong here!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

I am having the same issues. It is showing up in the paired devises but not found in bluetooth. Ugh. Any solutions?

Best Answer

not at the moment the only way to get it paired and get notifications is go with a device that on there list , otherwise we ahve to wait for a new  app, mine dose the same  phone says it paired and everything but nothing bit useless to eb honest

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with a Samsung Note 8. Was so looking forward to getting my Versa, but if it won't connect to my phone, whats the point. Have tried all trouble shooting tips. Please can we have a solution.

Best Answer