Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

Apparently, the key is to update the software in the watch.  I was able to use the app from Microsoft app store (https://www.fitbit.com/setup) to connect and download using my laptop's Bluetooth.  Because I did the update over Bluetooth, I can't tell you if it can be done using the USB and cradle. All functions are working with the phone now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well my app on the phone dose not say anything about an update and when I first got the watch , it downloaded an update from my phone and sent it to my watch took it good 30 mins or so , so I think that's the update you are speaking off , unless you have a link to the most recent firmware fir the watch I tried looking for it last night because I thought that might be the case , but I got the Fitbit app on my pc connected the watch to Bluetooth on pc and no update or anything was there so I not sure , I'll have another look this afternoon , but it's a bit of a mess , it should work out the box for that much money , it should be compatible with all phones , as I've said 8n other posts , you can keep a cheap Chinese smart watch for 10 pounds and that's works across all device so if something as cheap as that can work , when you buy a premium device , you kinda have better expectations , even Samsung gears watch frontier works on all Android phones , and that's on tizen , so I just don't get why it is such a big issue

Best Answer

I updated the formware using windows app, but it's still not connecting with almost anything...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with everyone about how much this stinks and is a huge
disappointment and shouldn't be this way.  Luckily, my watch is now
working, but it took a call to tech support to get it all straightened
out.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes this already happens have to reset it every day 

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your input and sharing your steps to troubleshoot this issue.

I was reading you are having troubles either to sync or set up your trackers. In some post I have seen some mobile devices are not listed as compatible. While this is not an statement that the tracker is not going to work, we cannot guarantee its behavior over the app or tracker functionalities, since the app is not optimized for the device in question. For more details refer to our help article: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

On that note, if the issue continues regardless if the phone is compatible or not, keep in mind there is a new version of the Fitbit app. At this point I'm sure the majority have updated the Fitbit app, but in case you haven't, this post will give you all the details.

Just to clarify, the WiFi capabilities of the Fitbit Versa are not use to sync your exercise information. WiFi is for better firmware update and transfer music to your Smartwatches. Otherwise Bluetooth is the way the tracker will use to connect with your phone.

If this is not the case perhaps the following posts will give you some additional troubleshooting steps:

Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

See you around and hope this provide some help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes have done all that and what you suggested still no joy , its not that it not connecting as such , it just get any notifications , its says it connected in the app and on the phone it lists it under bluetooth , there are tick mark next to what i want to get notification from it just doesn't send them , always connect is there , and also i ahve the widget on my home screen but nothing i do make the notification come thru , i restart my phone it work  for one or 2 then just stops again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think if you read all the post, most everyone paying has updated to the newest firmware.  I've never used the cradle to synch anything since that should be done over blue tooth, which everyone is stating is the issue .  Granted the Moto z play is considered a phone that this watch is not compatible with, something I found out after I received this watch as a gift, but it should be .  I think what most people find frustrating is that they have found a watch that has been made that they like, and a crappy piece of software is making it irritating to use . Pretty simple .

People that have upgraded to the newest software will find that the synchronizing between the two will work at times and then not at all. It's just not reliable.  It's unfortunate, and there doesn't seem to be anyone working on a fix .😢

Best Answer

yes have to agree there , i had the fitbit blazer as well , and i ahve always thought the app was a bit cluny and not very good , but i thought that may have changed with pebble comming on board to but seems it  has not right know

Best Answer
I know. I am disappointed. Hope they come up with a solution soon

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I have the Pixel 2 and currently using the Versa.

After many attempts the following seems to fix it consistently

1 -  turn Bluetooth off on your phone

2- reset the watch (hold left and lower buttons until the fitbit diamond appears)

3 - turn on Bluetooth on your phone

4 - DELETE / Forget any prior watch entry in the Bluetooth list (select the gear to the right of Versa, click forget)

5 - restart the Fitbit app and follow the steps

**6 - Make sure you connect to wifi

best of luck to you

Best Answer

Thank you so much for your reply. I've done all that and more .It's working sporadically, but not a function on the watch I would trust . If it wasn't a gift I would send it back .

Best Answer
0 Votes

So apprenappa the last time my watch syc was 2.am , since then nothing , and now won't sync , and will not get any notification such a pain in the back side 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! 

An issue with the Fitbit Versa not syncing has been discussed in the Versa board, in this thread. The situation appears to have been resolved already. Hopefully this means that you are all now able to use your Versa normally without any sort of issues.

Let me know if there are any questions or if you need assistance.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really?  It's still sporadic. Did you just link is to a thread that was discussing the issues we were already having? And it just shows the same stuff we've been talking about on this thread?  Was there a software update or something that I'm not seeing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa connects with WiFi but when I try to make it connect via Bluetooth, it does nothing. It's paired fine but won't connect. I have a Note 8. If this isn't going to work, I guess I'll just send it back and get something else. 🤷🏾‍:female_sign: I've tried the troubleshooting steps and no dice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah I'm not sure why the moderator says this was fixed.  I am still using mine, I really love the watch, but I don't trust the linking system that the moderator says was fixed . That was an odd post, unless they have updated the software for the phone app.  But I don't see that anywhere .

Best Answer

I just got my Versa today. Like 2 hours ago in the mail. I set it up just fine. It connects to wifi and says its connected to bluetooth. I got 1 notification (the phone rang) but that was it. I've tested it over and over and nothing. Was there an update in the last 20 minutes? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got it to work! I had to call them though and even though my device is not listed as compatible, it works now fully. I saw call them. I had to do a lot of stuff which was silly but it works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't figure out why the person who claims that the problem is fixed
would be so presumptuous as to make the statement without proof from the
dozens of people having trouble.  If you get connected some of the time,
but not all the time, does that mean it is fixed?  And, as was pointed
out in another comment, if you can't get connected, you can't get the
software update that supposedly fixes the problem.

I get about 1/3 of the notifications about emails and texts that I
should get.  I haven't tried the GPS linkage but I get the impression
that is flaky as well.  I have to let my frustration level subside
before trying other features.

I don't seem to be the only one who wants to know how to make sure my
software is the most up to date version.  I looked in the app on my
phone for anything related to updates.  The Fitbit web site says - Click
Open Main Menu... Click Troubleshooting.  Below the Fitbit Connect
number, click Check for updates.

I think the main menu being referred to is accessed from the rectangle
in the top right corner, but that is referred to sometimes as the
Account Icon.  After that there is no option for Troubleshooting or a
connect number, hence no check for updates. Here is a link from the HELP
section on the website about what to do if the update fails, but it
doesn't say how to check the version or how to get the update started.
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2047/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ATroubleshooting&fs=Sear...

AT another point in the HELP info on the website it says: After you add
a Wi-Fi network, your watch automatically downloads new music or apps
when it’s plugged into the charger and in range of the network.  IF that
is the case, I should see the downloading progress bar on the face of
the watch like I had when I did the first download several days ago.

Anyone discover how to get the update that is supposed to fix the
problem if it doesn't happen automatically?
Best Answer