Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

i don't have a clue either , I still have issue with my connection , for example today , i turned of bluetooth on my s8 and that was that it wouldn't connect again i had to go thru the whole process of deleting the watch and setting it up yet again - it still doesn't connect on honor 9 or honor view 10 phones - oneplus5 - nextbit robin - i thought id solved the issue on the honor 9 but it not it was a temporary fix - and by the way this is a 2nd fitbit versa cause i took the other one back - notification dont work as they should , sometimes you get them sometime you don't - So i don't see any update or anything like that so i don't have clue what they are talking about 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Took it back for a refund.  Supplier submitted a fault report.  Not the first to have this connection problem.  Without the connection, nothing on the watch works at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have the same Problem on Samsung s5.

Installation  and Update versa to latest Firmware without Problems. After some hours no sync and versa Not found.

Deleting and try to reinstall fails , found device but Not connecting .

Best Answer
0 Votes

well, no updates, no changes, still not sync nor notifications 😞 

I can use it only at home with my pc...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked well last night after the phone call. This morning, no dice. No notifications are coming through. So this means I have to turn off notifications in the app, turn off all day sync, close the app, unpair the watch, turn off bluetooth, power off the phone, restart the watch, power on the phone, turn bluetooth back on, open the app, pair the watch, go back to the app, enable notifications, turn back on All day sync, sync the watch and that SHOULD make it work. Are you kidding?! This would be a daily thing. I think not. I've had this watch less than 24 hours. Sigh

Best Answer
The bottom line is that the watch firmware needs to updated. Cause I had a charge 2 and I had deleted the device from Fitbit account, but not from my phone Bluetooth. And notifications kept coming through cause it was still paired to my phone.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

i agree but like to add the bottom line is the software is rubbish and there no testing been done what so ever - Android wear os work on all android phones simple so there not really any excuse - they Have pebble on board as well - which should be helping but this is a really bad launch - its great having nice hardware but useless without the software functionality which is what is happening here and to say it doesn't work with flagship phones well i just don't understand . its a bit like making a Glass and saying to put water in it you can only use this type of water when everyone has there own supply of water they are making you buy there own partnered devices to get full function of the watch 

Best Answer

Restarting my phone worked as well for me when nothing else would.

Best Answer

Hi there everyone, I appreciate all your patience and your comments letting us know the Fitbit Versa is not connecting with your phones.

As my friend @LanuzaFitbit mentioned, earlier. Back in April we were experiencing some issues  affecting in great part Ionic and Versa users. In our dedicated post, we advised a fix rolled out. If the issue persists still now, make sure to reset your phones and your trackers as some of you have indicated here.

Make sure to have your Fitbit app in the latest version and the Firmware of your Versa updated. Keep in mind is better to update the firmware using WiFi, as with Bluetooth can take longer than is expected.

Also consult the following help resources if you're still having trouble with syncing or setup:

See you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I'm also experiencing the same issue but when I manage to generate the code, my Versa just hangs and wouldn't connect to my phone. I'm using Huawei P10+ running on Android 8.0.0. Does anyone know what is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's there end , nothing to do with your phone , it's there lack of support for the phone , think it goes back to some dispute over the back end software and they kind of boycotted all Huawei phones , dose the same thing on honor phones as well just dose not connect or connects then won't send notifications , bit rubbish really, I went n bought a cheap Samsung phones e, cause I have , honor view 10 , honor 9, Oneplus 5,s8,nextbit robin,dose the same thing on all of them apart from Samsung , shocking really, all they give you is waffle about how Fitbit works with over 200 devices , well sorry Fitbit that just not good enough should work with all devices running Android , for the price you charge for your device as a premium device people shouldn't expwrexper this issue , you can buy cheaper smartwatch for example of watch style,gears S3 frontier,ticwatch e or s,ticwatch 2,pebble 2,Blocks Smart Watch,Huawei watch 2 LTE,unbranded heart tracker,huwaiwe band 2 all these device cot less than Fitbit and connect to all phones and notifications received so why we face this is rubbish 

Best Answer

Same issue here galaxy s7. Tried all the tips with nothing

Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it from beginning. It connected at first but now woby sync again. Seems like an app issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 3 fitbits, and have generally had this issue in the beginning. The main way I've solved it quick is to install the fitbit as normal. Once the Bluetooth starts acting up, I uninstall the app, reboot the phone, Install the app and get it setup. Reboot my phone again, then it seems to be a-ok after. I am on a galaxy s7 edge

Best Answer
0 Votes

but why Should it only connect to samsung phones that's the issue here even the gears s3 frontier connects to any android phone know , ok you still have to use there tizen apps and stuff but at least it will connect and work with any phone this fitbit just will not connect sync and  get notifications whatsoever unless its a samsung device

Best Answer

No it does not work on Samsung either.  I have an Ionic with a samsung S6.  No go.  Every other watch I have had has never had problems staying connected to bluetooth.  I am hoping the update will come through soon because I really like the watch but I am becoming weary and will be returning the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I’m hoping an update to the firmware for the watch comes soon. Cause the app nor the phones are the problem. I have an iPhone 8 Plus and I’m having the same issue and this has never happened with my other Fitbit watches.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this same issue with my Galaxy s8 +. I installed and uninstalled the app on my phone, turned my versa on and off, turned my bluetooth off, restarted my phone, but bluetooth back on. Still nothing. I was pretty annoyed at this point. I did a factory reset on my versa and set it up as a new device. That seemed to work for me. It's a hassle, but it has been working smoothly since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung s6 here.  Connected via bluetooth when I got it a few days ago and it worked fine...today it's not connecting and I've tried restarting the phone and everything else I can think of.  I tried to connect it to my Samsung tablet bluetooth and it wouldn't connect there, either.  Very frustrating.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked for me as well, hopefully it keeps working if I have the issue again

Best Answer

Took resetting fitbit 3 times to get it to finally work.

Best Answer
0 Votes