Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209
Let me know if it stays working. Cause I have done resets and factory resets. And it only last for a day. The only time I can get it to sync is when it’s on the charger.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now I know why my Versa doesn't get notifications pushed. Fitbit should
publish a disclaimer that though it works seamlessly with android, it
doesn't work too seamlessly with China brand name phones running on
android. I would have bought the smart watch from Xiaomi or Oppo instead.

Update:

I went back to the store and they changed to a new unit because it was
faulty. Maybe you should do the same, get it checked it and replaced.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which store did you by from? Cause I got mine at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still working today but I use a Samsung galaxy phone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hail from Malaysia. 😁

You should go back to Walmart to get your Versa checked out and replaced if
it's faulty. My screen turned black with white lines which was clear
indication that my unit is faulty.
Best Answer

This s my second versa 

Best Answer
0 Votes
my ionic notifications work most of the time. I had to power cycle my
phone and watch this morning to get working again. I am waiting two more
weeks or so for the update. hopefully that will solve the problem. if not
I have 60 more days to return it and look for something else.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I talked to someone this morning and they have a update they are doing test on right now. So hopefully it will be out soon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just a small update , I managed again to get my versa to pair with my honor view 10 , got it pairs for a whole day amazing . But I restarted my phone and it lost all connections again so I restarted the phone again but nothing seem to work . 

So I went thru a step by step 

1 unpair watch from phone in Bluetooth setting

2 turn off phone not restart let phone boot down 

3 pressand hold powerbuttong and bottom button on versa to restart watch 

4 power on phone 

5 go to Bluetooth and wait for you versa to show up , if no show power down phone and restart again 

6 Make sure your WiFi is turned off on your phone 

7 when watch appears on Bluetooth launch Fitbit app 

8 let fit bit app pair phone 

9 check notification by sending test notification in Fitbit app

10 this may get you versa connected again .

Make sure to lock the app in the background as well so it can't be closed 

Best Answer

Another update - Well After thinking all was good had to restart my phone yet Again - Its Useless totally Useless In every way - Just have to wait till a good update come out if evere have gone back to android wear Watches - So refreshing to get Notifications that Work after All the Hassles this Versa Has Caused

Best Answer

Here's the weird thing on mine. If I leave home I actually get notifications most of the time. When I am home they come in at random times . I just don't think Android users are a population that they are that worried about losing .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you on wifi at home by any chance ? if so turn it off 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am, but I want to be on WiFi when I'm home.  It worked with my other Fitbit so I'm not sure why I would have to do that. That's irritating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Figured out the problem with mine... I have a work phone and a personal phone. Turned the Bluetooth off on one and it has been working since. Check to make sure there are no other Devices trying to connect to it like another phone or computer etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't anyone at Fitbit care to solve this problem? Ready to return but can't find suitable alternative. Versa to Pixel XL. Started with firmware update. I'm an attempt to restart, unpaired and now it won't reconnect. It's syncing over Wi-fi but it doesn't even show up as available device in Bluetooth menu anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was super helpful and actually worked! Thank you.

@Ta2man wrote:

Just a small update , I managed again to get my versa to pair with my honor view 10 , got it pairs for a whole day amazing . But I restarted my phone and it lost all connections again so I restarted the phone again but nothing seem to work . 

So I went thru a step by step 

1 unpair watch from phone in Bluetooth setting

2 turn off phone not restart let phone boot down 

3 pressand hold powerbuttong and bottom button on versa to restart watch 

4 power on phone 

5 go to Bluetooth and wait for you versa to show up , if no show power down phone and restart again 

6 Make sure your WiFi is turned off on your phone 

7 when watch appears on Bluetooth launch Fitbit app 

8 let fit bit app pair phone 

9 check notification by sending test notification in Fitbit app

10 this may get you versa connected again .

Make sure to lock the app in the background as well so it can't be closed 

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have put out pair of the firmware update. Hopefully when they finish all their testing, things will be better.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

What do I do if I am unable to connect to WiFi? Is there another way to download the update to software? I cannot connect with Bluetooth either, of course.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Although this is not a perfect soloutis what I did was borrow a Samsung phone or a phone that it definitely works with and get the update with that not ideal I know but the only way or what you try as well is completely unpair watch from phone in blueBluet settings uninstall the app , go into settings all apps find Bluetooth in storage clear cuach and clear app , then power down not reatart your phone , power down restart watch and install app again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Last week I used the chat on their website and a lady led me through a series of steps between the Fitbit and my phone.  That solved the issue...until I just downloaded the update...now it won't connect to the phone again.  The update certainly didn't solve the issue, at least for me.

Update:

I had to follow the directions she gave me.  They worked again.  Here they are...hope they help.

Fitbit reset

Turn off other Bluetooth devices  near watch.

Check phone Bluetooth settings…if tracker is paired or appears on Bluetooth list, delete/unpair it.

Turn off Bluetooth and keep it off.

Go to phone settings/apps, find fitbit app and stop it.

Clean phone cache…”Maintenance” and optimize.

Turn off phone wi-fi.

Re-start phone and Versa (left and lower buttons).

Turn back on wi-fi and Bluetooth on phone.

Make sure computer Bluetooth is off.

Open fitbit app on phone.

Tap device title.

Tap arrows by ‘sync now’.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes