Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

Brill - Get used to it thou you be doing a lot 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has their been official communication from Fitbit for a fix? Received mine today and bluetooth is spotty at best, and doesn't work most of the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seemed to work for me, a lot of hassle if you ask me.

If this continues I will return the product as defective and not supplying as promised.

I still have 13 days time to think about my purchase.

Best Answer

Worked perfectly for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
What were the steps?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@unpaidbill wrote:

I had to follow the directions she gave me.  They worked again.  Here they are...hope they help.

Fitbit reset

Turn off other Bluetooth devices  near watch.

Check phone Bluetooth settings…if tracker is paired or appears on Bluetooth list, delete/unpair it.

Turn off Bluetooth and keep it off.

Go to phone settings/apps, find fitbit app and stop it.

Clean phone cache…”Maintenance” and optimize.

Turn off phone wi-fi.

Re-start phone and Versa (left and lower buttons).

Turn back on wi-fi and Bluetooth on phone.

Make sure computer Bluetooth is off.

Open fitbit app on phone.

Tap device title.

Tap arrows by ‘sync now’.

This worked for me. Massive bloody hassle.

I'm worried if I have to do this entire circus again if either my Phone or Versa runs out of battery OR range from eachother.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Versa last night. It connected fine with my 6-year old iPad and my cheap headphones, but will not connect to my Google Pixel XL.

On my phone it will pair with the Versa. But when I click connect on my phone, the button just blinks. It will not connect.

When I go to the Bluetooth options on the Versa it only says "+Audio Device" and will not see anything but my headphones.

I have rebooted both devise about 8 times. I have turned off all other Bluetooth devices nearby, I have turned off and on phone's bluetooth dozens of times, I have cleared cache on every app, and I even did a factory reset on the phone. The OS and security are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app. I have unpaired the Bluetooth on phone with the Versa and paired it again a couple times and I tried renaming them.

Connect still does nothing...just blinks.

I am out of ideas.

Best Answer

Make sure your not just connecting it with Bluetooth from your phone , go through the fit bit app and let it connect.

Also when you have it paired to more than one device again go through the app do not go into the Bluetooth setting of the phone and connect it yourself first .

Try restarting the watch .

Try unpair  from each device .

Also for some reason the versa dose not okay well with being connected to blueBluet and having others devices connected so try n use a device with one single device connected ie the versa only connected and nothing else .

I have tried lots of different ways pain in the backside it is , Google phone works but I can't have anything else connected to Bluetooth when the versa is , same for Oneplus, Samsung phones seems to work the best , and huwawei phone ate hopeless with it , it's nothing to do with the devices you have it's the app and the way it's works , it dosent connect like other things for example , when mine is connected if I go to Bluetooth sometimes it say it isn't but the app will say it is and it will work that's why you don't have to put a code in the watch every time cause it connects using the software app , which tracking is all good but the conntivity side is rubbish .

Also try letting your phone power down do not do a restart let it turn off and try again , because anothia thing I've noticed is the versa don't always show up on Bluetooth what so ever if it don't show even though the app say connected you won't get anything and it wn sync .

I have had 2 and or not the watch it's the way the app interacts with the Bluetooth .

Android wear is so much easier.

I have tried all of the flooring phones 

Oneplus5 - got it to work after a total reset 

Honor 9 - will not keep a connection

Honor view 10 - got it working on and off but same as above .

Google pixel 1 - works and works on bets pf android p 

Samsung s8 - works all the time 

Galaxy A2017 - works all the time 

That's my findings so far 

Best Answer

Was losing my mind trying to get my phone to sync. This is the only process that worked. Thanks

Best Answer

My Versa connects with my OnePlus 3 only when I put it to charge.

I am also not able to update firmware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! My apologies for the late response and thank you for keep reporting your workarounds to address the bluetooth stabilites issues that the Versa has presented with your phones.

I wanted to informed you that there is a new version of the Fitbit app available, that contain some stability improvements that might be of your help. For more details please refer to this post.

It's important to maintain the firmware of the Fitbit versa in the most recent version as this might present complications in its functionality. Is better to install the update via WiFi as the progress will be more fastre that with Bluetooth. For some additional help please review this help article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Also I've seen you have reported issues with some non-compatible devices. Fitbit is compatible with more than 200 of the most popular Android, iOS and Windows mobile devices. The full list of compatible devices with confirmed compatibility can be found at fitbit.com/devices.

If a device isn’t listed it doesn’t mean it won’t work with a Fitbit tracker or smartwatch. We routinely test new devices to ensure full compatibility with Fitbit devices and the Fitbit App, and are constantly working to confirm compatibility with new phone models. A majority of Android phones running version 4.4 or higher will work with our products, however we cannot guarantee optimal performance on devices for which we have not tested and confirmed compatibility.

Catch you later.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry But there No Update anywhere whatsoever

Screenshot_7.jpgScreenshot_20180521-215208.jpgScreenshot_20180521-215231.jpg 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I have a Pixel 2XL and a Versa fit bit. No issues when I bought it until a recent upgrade for the fit bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here with an iPhone 7 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs to sort its **ahem** out 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with the versa not syncing and I have only had it for one day so I know I have the latest updates and firmware.  I really hate it cause I like the look and feel of the device but I will send it back if I continue to have these issues. I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 so my phone is on the compatible list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is going back to Best Buy. I'm not dealing with this. Just me.

Best Answer

what phone do you have

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I can't connect my fitbit by Bluetooth to my phone. It said it's paired. Can you help me out thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What phone do you have

Best Answer
0 Votes