Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't connect to Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Pixel XL. Got my Versa today, worked fine for a bit after  setting it up. Now it won't connect to Bluetooth.. shows up in the Pairing, but when I hit Connect it doesn't do anything. I can no longer get notifications. I have tried every single step in the troubleshooting for notifications\bluetooth, several times over, and I still can't get a connection.

Best Answer
209 REPLIES 209

After lengthy tech support chat yesterday morning, my Versa worked for ONE FLIPPING DAY - which was yesterday. No longer connects. So frustrated. Back to my old reliable Alta HR. 

Best Answer

I facing same issue. More wrost if you use Huawei phone, total can’t connecte bluetooth. Fitbit product is good for iphone but android phones are facing many issues. I have email many timesto fitbit customer service but unable to solve for me. Many excuse and ask me to refer to their website.... 

Best Answer
iPhones are having just as many issues

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Well mine had been working for awhile. I'm not sure what I had done to make it work, I actually think they had anys out an update to the app and it was working. So the odd thing is that it will connect the music playing ability to my Bluetooth earbuds without a problem.  It will also connect to my yumani (sp) weight scale without issues .Strangely I was getting notifications on my watch while it was hooked to all three Bluetooth devices but now it's just stopped sending any notifications to my watch from my phone. I can synch it most days.  Just no text or emails or calendar reminders anymore .

Again this is irritating because I like the watch.

Best Answer

I tried again Got it to work for 3 days and then boom - Disconnected and not be able to get ti to work again since - Real Pain in the Back side - And Why do they say another version of the app is out whenit isnScreenshot_20180707-163641.jpgScreenshot_4.jpg version of the app is out and it not on the play store  or on apk mirror 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't understand why the issues continue and continue. Fitbit isn't a little company and it has a lot of customers with a smartwatch that doesn't work. Because a smartwatch can't sync today yes and tomorrow no. Like you I haven't had problems with the first sync but two days later Versa didn't sync any more until I restarted my phone, I don't  know why but it is the only way to risolve the problem... for another day, because after 24 hours it doesn't sync again and again and again every 24 hours. It is certainly an app issue, a problem between Versa and the app on my Samsung  Galaxy s8+, because the same watch works perfectly with the Samsung j5 of my mother, no problems of sync but it isn't my phone, and the s8+ works perfectly with other bluetooth devices. I wait for a serious solution from Fitbit, an updated of Versa and Fitbit App that after three months of issues allows all of us to use finally  the beautiful smartwatch for which we have spent a lot of money but that in this way is perfectly useless. Very very irritating.

Best Answer

The answer is always the same for each one of us: "please take a look at the help articles and follow the steps provide there.... check this article... check the other..." all good but all the instructions written in the article are useless, it doesn't work. 

Best Answer

That is a useless post. Fitbit own the issue not the Fitbit owner ....  either the hardware or software stop blaming the owners who paid good money for a weak product who expect better performance and more robust support 

Have some responsibility and integrity 

Best Answer

My last post directed at Fitbit manufacturing 

Best Answer

exactly.  I have the Samsung 8 as well.  Just packed it back in the box and will be returning it.  To expensive toy to be having all this frustration.  People at Fitbit should start reacting to these posts.

Best Answer

Agree totally have a verified purchase from curry’s and can warn potential buyers of the Bluetooth weakness and encourage research before buying. People should know

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue!! Is there some reason it can't be fixed?? I also have done everything suggested (more than once). Really regret buying the Versa!

Best Answer
Kinda makes me wanna poke my own eyes out after awhile. Frustrating.
Best Answer

Also experiencing this with my hauwei p20 lite.

Got the watch today, nothing wants to work and the app crashes.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree More I love the watch and the features - But the Software is utter Garbage - It Just Doesn't work no matter what you do with it - Its  STUPID system - Cause it won't actually connect to bluetooth in the way other devices do - sometime the app will say it connect yet when you go into bluetooth it doesn't say it connect  in fact it never says it connected - Another thing as well i have noticed if you cant get an internet signal  it def wont connect - and also when you on wifi it looses bluetooth - I think the way it work is the app connect to fitbit servers that then send s signal to the app to connect to the watch and i think thats how notification work as well i may be wrong but that how i imagine it to work in my head and once you a network error or you loose signal strength is disconnect form the app and for some reason it wont reconnect it - i might just be rambling to be honest cause i really don't know but anyways - And as ive said a few times they acquired Pebble - and it shcocking the software is so bad - Cause basically you end up with a expensive digital watch - i am just waiting on this new update to test it see if it solves any issue with connection but i not holding my breath they just don't seem to be bothered at all about it - id love to recommend the fitbit  but because the software.

Best Answer

Fitbit manufactures silence is self incriminating best response is no response?

or any response seen as admission of a fault or weakness in its hard/software?

Best Answer

These posts will be taken down we must expect. Been looking at fitbit blaze for myself but opting for Samsung frontier it’s miles ahead of blaze and no Bluetooth problems can find on any forum

Best Answer

Has anyone tried a different Bluetooth program for their Droid play 2z?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samsung s3 frontier check it out really impressive and so ld be guaranteed to communicate with Samsung s7or s8 Android not like this feeble Fitbit nonsense!

Best Answer

Me too. I hope they have this fixed soon.

Best Answer