Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website down

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi i have been trying to log nack into my account since 10pm aust time. I keep getting a message saying fitbit.com is down for maintanice i havent been able to sync for 2 days
Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi

Does the issue occur when using mobile internet or wifi? If not already done feel free restarting the internet router & the phone.

Make sure the latest fitbit app is installed.

When desired feel free clearing the app cache, as sometimes this can cause glitches when keep installing new program versions over existing ones, while the cache of the previous app versions remain..

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-201-how-and-when-clear-app-cache-or-data

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sometimes happens where there is a background error, or there is no internet access. Does everything work, or is there something broken?

Best Answer

@Maintanice As @JaceLightning @SunsetRunner said, I recommend confirming that you're on a healthy internet connection and give it another try. Let me know if that helps get you back into your app.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this same error, when I had to re-download app,and tried to add my device. Same error at work as home. Tried two helpdesk people and they were **ahem**s.

Anyone help you out?

Best Answer

Hello, @shell1234ny! It is nice to see you. Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? 

You should not be experiencing this situation, our website and App should be working normally. You can also try to clear cookies and cache. And please provide us with more information about the phone and computer that you are using. Were you able to sync before with them? If so did you change any firewall or protection setting?

Keep us updated! Man Wink

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
hi i have strong wifi, i had an older charge that was damaged, i charged it
and then try to load it to the account, this worked but i can get it to
work on the newer one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maintanice You were able to pair with an older device and sync? But not with a new device?

Which devices are you using? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JaceLightning and @Maintanice, it's nice to see you around!

@Maintanice, as @JaceLightning mentioned, if you were able to pair and sync an old Charge in your account, please let me know which device is giving you trouble at this moment and if you're getting an error message, a screenshot will be very helpful as well. 

Keep me posted, I'll be waiting for your reply! Smiley Happy 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Maintanice   I often find that clearing the cache often fixes such problems.

Best Answer

Hey. @LesleyJW! Clearing cache could help resolve several issues as you said. Thank  you for sharing your knowledge with us. You are awesome! Cat Tongue 

@Maintanice, are you still experiecing problems? 

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had problem with syncing my fitbit with my android this morning.  I tried everything that the help desk said (rebooting the fitbit, turning Blue Tooth off and back on to no avail.  I finally decided to sign off and when I tried to sign back on it said the fitbit website was down for maintenance.  After getting this message over a couple of hours, I went to my PC and was able to access the website.  So I uninstalled and reinstalled the app.  Now it is working great.  Frustrating things are that the website did not have my android LG 41C in the list of compatible devices, which obviously it is, and the app was telling me that the website was down, when it was not.

Best Answer
0 Votes