Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish to Download Previous Fitbit App on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After having my Android Samsung 6 phone serviced on Saturday - my Fitbit app was not operational.  I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it is not the same app.  I don't want the dashboard, but I want what I had previously which for example easily drills down so that you can see steps in 15 minute increments, including my setting for 250 steps per hour. The app I had previously was not the dashboard and was easy to navigate and had details that I desire.  The dashboard that is showing up seems archaic. Is anyone aware of different options for Androids or have suggestions to get the desired info?  I've had the app since August 2016 if that helps.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@LPinOV Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! The app can only be officially downloaded from the Play store as it is managed by Google to prevent modified apps that may contain malware. If you wish to suggest a change in the way the information is presented you can post your ideas in our Feature Suggestions board where other members will be able to vote for them.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Alvaro!

I've been a religious Fitbit user for 4+ years so I'm not new to the community.  The problem is - in 2016 when I upgraded to an Android phone and added Fitibit I was very pleased with the app. However, after my phone provider made updates to my phone last Saturday I had to reinstall Fitbit and am not pleased with what the app looks like.  It is not as robust as the previous app which did NOT have a dashboard.  I am trying to figure out how to get the previous app back but have been unsuccessful.  The current dashboard download is limited when compared to what I had been using since August of 2016.  I just completed the steps that you recommended in your response and I'm back to the archaic dashboard mode that I've had since last Saturday.  Do you have any recommendations on how to get back the previous app?

Best Answer

@LPinOV sorry for the delay in my reply. Officially there isn't a way to use a previous version of the app as only the ones found in official channels (App store on your phone) are supported by Fitbit. You may find a version on the web but many of these apps may have viruses so this isn't suggested or encouraged.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes