Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 recognizes users as "Guests"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my Aria 2 for myself. Everything was okay. I invite my partner to it and she runs through the steps on her app and she is recognized as a GUEST, but I am still recognized. We do about a half hour of research and try measuring her over five times (correcting the label in the app) and an hour later it recognizes her and now it calls me a GUEST. I measure myself several times while correcting the app and later the scale still is calling my GUEST. This will likely sort itself out in the end, but it's frustrating that I can't dispute GUEST on the scale, I have to go into the app afterwards and retro correct. All in all the setup took and hour of trial and error and several starts from scratch plus research. Right now I wouldn't recommend this as a pencil and paper or manually entering the info into the app is easier. I sincerely hope you fix the first impression experience.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

For me, it's always easier to set up new devices on a computer rather than a scale, I assume you tried that at some point?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I used a Samsung S7, through their app. It doesn't matter that I could have used a computer. The point is that they encouraged and allowed me to set up the device on the phone and the customer experience we confusing and frustrating and could be more clear and intuitive. It sorted itself out eventually, but the confusion and frustration could have been avoided.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the problem when trying to invite my fiancé through the phone app...worked perfectly when I did it through the computer.

?
Best Answer

@Rayroo @Cantryboy It's great to see you both in the Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that your Aria scales are working fine now. Thank you for reporting this since I know how frustrating this could be. Your feedback and comments will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

I'd like to share the Aria 2 manual in case you guys need to verify its features and you can get the most out of it.

@DramaQueenDiva Thank you for your constant help my friend!

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I include a second user. But he remains guest on the scale. I hope it s not normal that i have to "rewrite" his weight from guest to his username? I allready tried to include him on the website and on my mobile phone. Please help? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

It took me 2 times to get the second user set up on Aria 2.

The first time, it took the second icon, and wrote it over the first user.

It gave me an error trying to access the scale from the second user's app.

We corrected the icon and re-added the user (total of 4 email invites wound up in my inbox).

I suggest deleting the second user from the app, and inviting again.

Best Answer

@Stephanie_schel Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've experienced when trying to add a second user. I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if the seconds user could be added after following the tips that shared @WitzAbout.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes