Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria2 is not recognized by iPhone6S

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am trying to set up Aria 2 on my iPhone 6S with iOS 11.1.1. After I tap 'I agree' on 'Read our terms and policies' window, it proceeds to 'Let's get started' window and starts searching for Aria 2, but it cannot find it for >10 minutes I already tried to reboot the phone, Aria2, and turn off and on the bluetooth, basically everything. 

I found that

1. iPhone 7S can connect to it.

2. My iphone can connect to other bluetooth devices (e.g. amazon echo)

So it seems to me a compatibility issue of iPhone6S or certain version of iOS. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Any solution for this?

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I had the same problem yesterday but I tried sitting up my device late in the evening so I could not call customer support I'm going to call them tonight to complete set up

Best Answer

I had the same problem, but for some reason, the second day I tried and it worked.  I am using a 6S Plus and it is working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you have any luck? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, mine works perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem with my iPhone 6s Plus...both my husband and I have the same phone, and neither of us can get it to set up...he is a computer/electronics professional, and we are unable to make the "easy setup" happen...the scale will be going back.  So sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@taebong Thanks for taking time to share your experience in our Community. That's strange, I was able to set up with my iPhone 6, glad you were able to eventually set it up. 

@Milfordmagic Glad to hear you set up, hope it works out well for you! 

@Raveny I responded to your post in this thread

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just unboxed my new Fitbit Aria 2 scale today. It synced flawlessly with my iphone 6 S (ios 11.1.2), but fails to sync with my wife's iphone 6 S Plus (ios 11.1.2), no matter how many times we try. I'm using Eero wifi routers. This is unacceptable because it was my gift to her. I'll contact support tomorrow. If they can't solve it, I'll have to return it. 

Has anyone else found a solution for the iphone 6 S plus issue?

Thanks in advance,

Reichlk

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reichlk Sorry to hear of the difficulties getting your wife set-up. It looks like she is syncing now, are you still having issues? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you very much for the reply. Yes, her fit bit is now seeking with
the app. She spoke with someone at the helpdesk, and they suggested that
we have her be invited from the scale. That worked out well.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reichlk good to hear and thank you for the feedback, it's appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue, my Fitbit App has been stuck on "Searching" for device screen for over 30 minutes. UGH! I have an iPhone 6s

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. iPhone 6s and tried iPhone se. Can’t connect to aria 2. Have latest iOS, updated Fitbit app, restarted iPhone, bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Melmotte Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up on the setup issue that you are experiencing with your Aria 2. Please let me know if your Aria 2 displays any error message during the setup process. Also, make sure that your router runs the protocol 802.11b or mixed mode (b,g,n).

In the meantime, make sure that you are also following the setup process as described in this help article.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much for the help. I’m happy to say that my Fitbit Aria is
now recognized by my phone.

Have a great day.

Moderator edit: removed personal info
--
Sent from a device that cannot correctly auto-correct despite having more
computing power than NASA when it sent two men to the moon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Reichlk That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria 2 is being recognized by your phone properly. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes