Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Aria and Aria 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

Apart from the price point, what is the difference between the Aria and Aria 2? I can't see any enhancements in the specs to warrant considering an upgrade.

Thanks

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

Agreed.  The more I research, the more I agreee

Best Answer

Hi everyone! I really appreciate your feedback regarding the Aria scales and I understand how you feel. This info will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving our services and products.

For more information about the differences about the Aria and Aria 2, please check out this post.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Nokia arrived. It’s brilliant.
--

Sent from Gmail Mobile

moderator edit: personal information

Best Answer

JuanJoFitbit,

Thanks for your comment, although I really don't think you do know how people feel about the issues that surround the original Aria scales. The performance of the product is abysmal.

For example, I weighed myself 6 times this morning and each time I got slightly different results. With a spread of 2.3 KG over the 6 weighs and a spread of 12.4 % of body fat, that really is poor performance.

The most surprising thing was that each result was sent to my account, usually the Wi-Fi fails to connect, despite the scale being around one metre from my hub, with no other issues encountered from any other products connected to the same network. 

The web is full of people that encounter the same issues, you really have released a completely inadequate product on your purchasers and in response you sympathise and reaease an updated version...

Not good customer service.   

747CWD & Barbnc

The Nokia you mentioned looks like a good idea, does it integrate seamlessly with the fitbit app though? I currently use a blaze and realy only want to use one app...

Did 6 more check weighs yesterday, much more consistant, only 0.6 KG and  0.3% spread. Not one fed up to the app via wifi though.

For the fun of it check weighed a kettlebell, 5 weighs, 1.9 KG spread, got the body fat % spot on though 

JuanJoFitbit_1-1619269809420.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

@747CWD @DavidVS I'm really sorry to hear that your Aria scales didn't work well for you and I appreciate your feedback again.

Don't hesitate to get back if additional help is needed my friends! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TwoBitwrote:

I swapped the batteries quickly, one at a time instead of all at once, and that worked for me but perhaps I didn't need to do that.

I know it's been a LONG time since this has been posted, but just wanted to note that the way you do it is the way I've always had to. If I have all the batteries out even for a few seconds, I have to reconnect to the Wi-Fi. So I've been doing the quick, one-at-a-time trick.

@TeaAddictedGeekwrote:

I bought my Aria scale two years ago, and now the bf % is all over the place, constantly tells me it's having a battery issue even when the batteries are new, and varies as much as 5-15 lbs. I no longer know how much I weigh and have had to use my analog scale as backup. That's insane.

I am really, really, really hoping that the Aria 2 is more reliable and worth the money to replace the scale I have, and won't have the weight be all over the place. I was in two Dietbets and had to give up and lose each of them because I can't give them a reliable measurement, so my current Aria scale is already costing me money.

The BF% / BMI or whatever is just a marketing gimmick these companies use. To get your true BMI you need to be measured correctly. The BMI on scales such as these just aren't accurate.

@Barbncwrote:

Thank you!  I researched (https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-smart-scales,review-3469.html) and the Nokia Body + does more, costs less and can sync up with my current FitBit account with HR Charge 2. But I do believe when this Charge craps out, I'm going another direction away from Fitbit.  Still really disgusted with them over not renewing my premium account subscription.  

Based on the many reviews of the Nokia scale I would say I understand why it costs less.

FitBit produces some shoddy and dated products, but I'd say that their scale has been the pretty solid for us over the years. Don't care fot it only being able to connect via 802.11b, but it's very accurate at least. And hasn't malfunctioned in the 3+ years we've had it.

Moderator edit: merged replies

I use:

FitBit Aria
MyFitnessPal and MapMyRide, Garmin VivoSmart

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LedMatrix I really appreciate your feedback and comments about the Aria scale. I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you'll be able to tell your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Don't hesitate to let me know if any questions arise and I'll be happy to help you! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

They wouldn't replace my Aria.  It seems funny to me that my problems started when the new Aria 2 was coming out.  

Best Answer

If setup is easier via the app that would be worth the price of admission. WIFI and user setup of the Aria 1 was a pain in the **ahem** at best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CJessup. Thanks for joining us in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale stopped working and it's no longer under warranty. I really appreciate yours and @rossgram's feedback and comments about the Aria scale. This information will be forwarded to our team since this helps us to keep improving our services and products.

Keep me posted if you have more questions guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Your lucky I been through three straps in 18 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AaronR I truly appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with your Fitbit straps. Your feedback will be sent to our team.

See you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get this.  After hours of trouble shooting with Fitbit live help on why I couldn't connect to my new network.  I learn this:

Fitbit Aria 1 was released in 2012 and ONLY is compatible with the 802.11b internet standard.  This internet standard came out in 2003.  Since 802.11b, there have been two newer faster generations released, 802.11g and 802.11n with "n" being the fastest and most recent - released in 2009.

The Aria 2 magically is compatible with all the internet standards.  Fitbit refuses to do a patch on the Aria 1 to make it what it should have been before they released it with only ancient internet standard compatibility. 

They did this, to force people to shell out another $120 for what they should have got when they got a dumb brick of a scale for $120 in the first place.  I'm going to Garmin.  This is pathetic.  

I hope this saves at least one person from wasting their money like I did.

Best Answer

I hope Fitbit read this. I got a Nokia.
--

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer

@Disgruntled1 @747CWD I really appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that you decided to stop using the Aria scale. Your feedback will be sent to the rest of our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same troubles with my Aria (turning on spuriously, eating batteries etc).

I've decided to take it apart and found out that there are plastic springs having a pair of contacts detecting if someone steps on.

Those springs got broken (I have had that Aria for like 7 years) and sometimes those contacts get closed when no one is on the scale.

I've tried to repair the springs but to no avail.

As a temporary measure I've put the scale on a plastic box so that the plastic legs don't touch the floor. I have to move it to the floor to take a measurement but that solved the problems.

However I've ordered new Aria, waiting for it to arrive. Hope they've made that detector more reliable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avk999 Welcome to the Fitbit Forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale had some pieces broken. However, I'm glad to hear that you will be back on track with a new scale. When you receive it, follow the setup process as advised in this help article.

For more information about our warranty policies, please visit this page.

Let me know if you need further assistance Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it really more accurate and the big question is how does it react to being moved?  I have an Aria and it can swing up to 5 lbs just by being lifted and placed on the floor again. It is on a solid, flat tile surface but just sliding a corner to straighten up after my daughter has been through can change the reading by 1/2 a lb or more. 

Best Answer

Mine does the same thing.  Recently I weighed myself with Aria wearing very little and then we to the doctor's office for a check up and with shoes I weighed 7 lbs less at the doctor's office.  

I know what you are saying about shifting it, too. I always align it with the lines in my tile now.  

Best Answer

@Richie33 Regarding your inquiry, the Aria 2 accuracy should not be affected by moving it from places. Please check out the last subject of this help article, which explains the accuracy between both scales.

@Barbnc Thank you for your feedback and comments. Please check out this page for more information about the warranty policies.

I'll be around if any questions arise!

Best Answer
0 Votes