Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to set up everytime, always showing 'error 1'

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have ever had a scale that makes me such annoying and stressful.

Just got this scale for 2 days, you have no idea how many time I have spent the research before choosing Aria 2 and how excited for this scale to be sent to me.

And the nightmare started! Did everything required : download the app, peel off the battery slip to activate the scale, matching the scale with my app, everything seems fine and got my first weight record.

But then I wanted to try again, it kept on showing error 1.

The most annoying thing is watching the “Footprint” loading time for 1/2 minute just to see the Error message. Thought that maybe my problem after several times of ERROR message, fine!

I reset everything again, got my weight measurement, and 10 minutes late, back to scale just want to show my family how to use, it’s Error 1 again! Pressed the button from the battery part just as the instruction told, asked me to set up again! So is that normal that I have to setup everytime if I need to weight?

This scale is not even qualified as a bathing scale as I cannot even have a basic measurement when I step on it, this is a failed product and I even wanted to cry spending a lot of time my trying but I should only take less than 1 minute to get the measurement instead of wasting minutes for the error message!

I am going to return it tomorrow in just 72hours after receiving it. 

moderator edit: title for clarity and punctuation

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GoDodgers wrote:

I just got the scale maybe 45 minutes ago. Followed instructions, got it connected to WiFi, stepped on the scale waited, saw the feet then Error 1. I reset the scale as instructed 2 times, still error 1.  Any suggestions besides returning the scale?

According to this article, the Error 1 message means you stayed on the scale too long.  There should be footprints on the screen indicating that you need to step off the scale.  Try the weigh in one more time and step off when you see the feet on the screen.  Then tell us if you still see the error message.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

@Poorabear Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale can't be set up and shows an error message. Thank you for taking the time to reset your Aria scale before getting in touch with the Community. Since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution for you. You should receive and email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I also have this problem.

Im also very frustrated as using a scale shouldn’t be this difficult. It’s wasted a lot of my time watching the footprints come up and then the error message

Best Answer

@Shezza_82 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the error message that your Aria 2 is showing. I want to follow up and help you to find a solution for this issue. Please let me more details about this error. In the meantime, try restarting your scale by taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. Also, make sure that your scale is placed on an even or flat surface.

Finally, re-calibrate your Aria 2 by weighing yourself 5 consecutive times and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I just got the scale maybe 45 minutes ago. Followed instructions, got it connected to WiFi, stepped on the scale waited, saw the feet then Error 1. I reset the scale as instructed 2 times, still error 1.  Any suggestions besides returning the scale?

Best Answer

@GoDodgers wrote:

According to this article, the Error 1 message means you stayed on the scale too long.  There should be footprints on the screen indicating that you need to step off the scale.  Try the weigh in one more time and step off when you see the feet on the screen.  Then tell us if you still see the error message.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@GoDodgers Welcome to our Fitbit Community! The information that shared my friend @DramaQueenDiva is accurate and helpful. Thank you for troubleshooting this issue before getting in touch with the forums. In the meantime, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and follow up accordingly. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

What a piece of junk this scale is. It requires you change the settings of your wifi. To connect to your wifi requires broadcast/multicast to be turned on in your wifi settings (which other devices do not require). This setting also impacts the performance of other devices on your network. And the Aria still will not keep a consistent connection.

What a waste of time trying to get this setup. I will be leaving the Fitbit family of products. I have a HR 2 and I will be looking to replace that. For the price of $100 and also letting them harvest of my data Fitbit cannot even get their products to work? What a disappointment and a waste of my time. Never will buy fitbit anything again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@deand9077 I definitely know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments. I'll make sure to pass it forward to our team.

Best Answer
Fitbit team sent me a reply, that I was standing on too long. Now I stand for a shorter period, this seems to work. Have only gotten the error maybe twice since they replied.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@GoDodgers I'm glad to hear that your Aria scale seems to be working properly now. In case the issue persists, reply to our Support team so they can follow up with your case or you can reply here in the Community.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Just received my Aria 2, have followed all the instructions, it is connected to my wifi and Fitbit and all I get is error 1. 

Has any one successfully resolved this issue?

That worked for me. No body mass indicator though. Just weight. Why is that?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Makere Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that your Aria 2 is now connecting to your network. Thank you for posting the update here.

Regarding the other issue about body fat and BMI, please make sure that you are standing on it barefoot and still.

In addition, please check out this help article, which explains what your Aria 2 measures.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks, that was really helpful. However the link to the source for the material re body fat is incorrect. It take us to an error page.
The rest is great.

Best,
Makere

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Makere I'm glad to hear that the information shared previously was helpful. Regarding the link, thank you for reporting this information. I'll make sure to forward this information. I appreciate your feedback.

As an aside note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scale keeps saying error. I did not reset I change the batteries. It goes from step on to waiting to error with no feet in the middle. How do u fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes