Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 - Error 1 Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my Aria 2 but it's giving me an error message every time I try to weight myself.  I get the feet icon on, then stepping off a few times then it displays 'Error' and then '1'.

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I’m getting this message and it never gave me a weight.  I just get the feet then the error message

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the error message that your Aria scale is displaying. Please check out this help article, which explains what the error means and how you can fix it.

Let me know if the issue persists! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even the online community is broken.

I agree very much. I quit giving Fitbit as gifts because their out of the box

experience is so horrible.

Cheap products have simple 1,2,3 instructions in graphics. Even with sadly translated English, they are years ahead of Fitbit in customer experience.

Still just as horrible customer experience months later.

Is Fitbit certifiably customer tone deaf ?

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kevin_Brown It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you've had with your Fitbit product. I'd like to follow up and would like help you to turn this bad experience into a good experience.

Please provide more details about the issue you are experiencing with your Aria scale. Is it showing any error message? Is it turning on? Did it stop syncing your data to your Dashboard?

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

So when I bought it I should guess how it works? Just returned it to the store as my guessing skills were not that good.

Mine was bought Dec 26th 2018 and returned Dec 26th 2018 so clearly there was no update.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@DLJMCD Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with your Aria 2. I definitely understand how you feel and I'm also sorry to hear that you decided to return it.

Please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance. Thank you for your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does not recognize me- says I’m a guest.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dmasengill Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'll be happy to assist you and find a solution for the issue you are experiencing with your Aria scale since it's only recognizing you as a user. Please check out and follow the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

been trying for hours trying to set up my Aria 2 then found this site and fixed it in seconds thank you.

Best Answer

@KPB-55 Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

3 months of continuing issues. Batteries out, resets WiFi errors. Why cant the Fitbit support team actually fix anything instead of relying on the 'users' to fix or come up with solutions. 

How do you get an upgrade of firmware/hardware?

No instructions. This product is not cheap, a scale with an algorithm to give you 3 readings and a WiFi chip.

Its going in the skip.

Best Answer

@KP0902 I'm sorry to hear that the issue persists after trying the reset process. Regarding your question, when a firmware update is available, your scale will download it automatically. If you step on your scale and see a progress bar, the scale is currently checking for updates.

Since the issue persists, I'll be sending your case to our Support department and they'll be happy to follow up and proceed accordingly. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Di send you an email saying got it sorted as it had already downloaded and I was trying to download it again via my computer, and I did not read the instructions properly did not know that when the feet come on you have to get off, so it is all sorted now thank you.

Kevin.

Best Answer

@KPB-55 I'm so glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

We see a lot of these posts here with users getting frustrated with the Aria2 scale - I hope that the designers are taking note of the comments.  Essentially it's a very nice product when it's working but the user interface is clearly frustrating when users run into problems.  My scale works fine about 95% of the time but occasionally it just can't figure out who's standing on it, if anyone's standing on it, and sometime it just goes around in circles with no error messages to even indicate what the problem is or even if there's a problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdmundC I'm sorry for the late response. However, I really appreciate your comments and your feedback is greatly appreciated since this helps us to keep improving.

I'll be around if you need further assistance!

Best Answer

Hi KateFitbit - I just set up my brand new Aria 2 and was getting the same error. It does not come with sufficient instructions. The icons of the footprints moving backwards are ridiculous, no one will understand what they are supposed to do the first time they use the scale - so every new user will get an "Error 1".

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dworkman It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I appreciate your feedback regarding the instructions of the Aria 2.

Please check out this help article, which has some troubleshooting steps for the "Error 1" message that your scale displays.

As a side note, please visit this help page. It contains information about what every icon of your Aria 2 means.

I'll be around if more questions arise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link to the Help article is broken. Can you provide a new link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D2M2Z It's great to see new faces in the Community. Welcome aboard! I'm sorry for the late response and  I'm sorry to hear that the article was broken.

I checked the links on my end and the articles shared in my previous post worked. Please try a different browser. Also, try clearing cache and cookies of your browser and try opening the articles one more time.

Did you try on a computer or a mobile device? Do you get any error message when opening the article?

Please don't hesitate to get back if the articles are still broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes