Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 - Error 1 Message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up my Aria 2 but it's giving me an error message every time I try to weight myself.  I get the feet icon on, then stepping off a few times then it displays 'Error' and then '1'.

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Thank you! How very strange but this morning both links worked! I use Chrome and yesterday I ran a cleaner so likely it was the browser. Thank you!

Best Answer

@D2M2Z That's great news! I'm glad to hear that the links worked and you had access to the information. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my battery this morning and now I'm getting the error message.  What's up with this?  It's worked all along and now I've spent over an hour trying to get this thing to work.   Is there a firmware update or something?  I'm on 39 which looks to be the latest.  Aria 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bought the Aria 2. It displays thw error 1 when I stand on it. I removed the batteries waited and put them back and I still have the same thing. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This response doesn’t fit with the instructions on the Fitbit app which says, “Remain standing on the scale until Aria 2 displays your weight, body fat percentage, and personal icon you selected during setup. Once these stats are displayed, you can step off your scale.”   When I remain on the scale none of this ever appears and then I get the Error 1. 

Best Answer

Thank you for that! How was a new user meant to understand the feet - no instructions! Working now - thanks

Best Answer

This error 1 is wasting way to much time, I wish I did not order the scale. I have reset and started over, check batteries. Tried writhing many times. I live in a small apartment and even tried moving the scale closer to the router and still get error one, will try again tomorrow and then will call to return

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see everyone mentioning the same problem I am having but no one has suggested a solution. Your message seems to congratulate everyone for pointing out the problem without offering a solution.  When I step on the scale, I get some kind of wave icon then it goes directly to the feet icon.  I’m not getting a weight displayed on the scale, nor am I getting a reading recorded in my Fitbit app except for weight when I did the initial setup. Also do I have to have bare feet to use the scale?   Does the scale not work when I am wearing shoes?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just read the entire manual. There is zero information on what the graphics mean or on how to troubleshoot the scale when it fails to work properly, as well as no information on what the error 1 message means and what I should be doing to get the scale to work correctly.  You charge a great deal of money for a product that is difficult to use and seem to offer zero help to users trying to figure out why it is not working.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you stepping off once the feet appear? If this is the error I think it is, the feet floating back is telling you to step off and then everything appears. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, that is not the problem at all!!!!!!  The problem is that I bought an over priced Aria 2 scale based on the assurance that it would sync with my iPhone 8 Plus.  I set up the scale and synced it with my phone.  Then the next time I tried to use it, it did not recognize me as a registered user and it would not sync the reading with my phone.  So, based on the limited info on your website regarding troubleshooting, I removed the Aria 2 scale from the app.  Afterwards, I was unable to reconnect the scale to the app.  I tried removing the batteries, I tried pressing the reset button, I tried turning bluetooth on and off, nothing would overcome the connection issue.  Truthfully, since the only thing the scale will do for me is show me a weight, I am ready to return the Aria 2 and get a much cheaper scale that will do the same thing.
Ken Cotton
Best Answer
0 Votes

D2M2Z - once someone explains that the feet floating back means that you need to step off the scale, then you understand it. But NO ONE will understand it without being told that the little things that look like grapes on a vine are actually toes. And then just getting "Error 1" is exceedingly unhelpful and requires massive research to find out what's going on. Instead of "Error 1" it should say "The feet floating back is telling you to step off".

Best Answer

I took mine back and got a Withings scale and love it! The Fitbit team did not help when I had issues with both my Aria 1 and 2. Aria 1 went into Error mode after I changed the batteries and Aria 2 showed me one weight and posted a different one on the app.

Get Outlook for iOS

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, this is pretty stupid.  Just got the aria 2 scale, and could not get it to work, constant "Error 1"... then nothing.. had to google to find out this means I need to get off the scale when I see feet.  Wow.  How many people have posted about this over the years and they still do it??  Why do I need to get off at all?  Just show the **ahem** weight?  What if I am overweight and cant see the feet move backwards lol.  Anyway, the instructions in the box were horrible too... "get fitbit app".. well duh, I already have fitbit so I have the app.  What it doesn't say is that you have to go into the app and start the process to add a device.  Just says get the app and follow mobile setup ... instructions... so I'm staring at the app waiting for it to do something after I pull out the tab.  But nothing in instructions about stepping off when you see the feet.

Best Answer

I first logged in on my Aria 2 on Feb 22 and got a BFP reading of 5.3% (3 separate readings). I searched online and changed the setting so that I was not listing myself as an athlete and it increased to 7.7% on Feb 24. I KNOW I'm not a 5-7% BFP person! Although I continued to work out hard every day (4500-5000 calories) and weight remained 169-172, the BFP readings increased daily 9.5, 11, 12.3, 14.6, 15.4, 17.6 this morning March 1.  Throughout, my FitTrack has recorded 14.5-15% BFP. 

I like the Aria 2 because it records onto my Fitbit account whereas I can't get the FitTrack to do so. But, I'm convinced this particular scale doesn't function correctly. Any advise, including how do I return? I agree with your other users that the information  provided with this product is lacking  - I can find nothing about  how to return for a new scale.  Thanks for any help; I LOVE Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi i am getting the Error 1 message - i am thinking of sending this back

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep getting the error one message, and I have looked everywhere for the reason. This message board is not giving me any real help. If you know why this is happening, t,hen clearly state the reason inside the messages. This thing where people are posting links is of no help, as most of the links are broken. 

Right now, I consider this to be one of the worst products I have ever owned.  A Cheap Walmart scale would have been more accurate.

The Manual is of no help. I think this company needs to go back to the drawing board in the area of customer communication and customer service. No company should allow this many people to become this frustrated with their product without trying to do a better job of communicating a response.

If you see a lot of people getting error responses, then in big, bold type stated on the front page of everything you publish, " HERE IS THE FIX."

I am frustrated here!

Best Answer

This is a dead link

Best Answer
0 Votes