Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 invite for scale not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Both my husband and I have had Fitbit accounts for years. He recently became interested in tracking his weight on my Aria 2. I have tried countless times to invite him, using the email address on Fitbit but he does not receive the invite. I have tried from the app and from the dashboard on a computer- he simply receives no invite. Any suggestions that are not resetting the Aria 2 completely?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Csimmons079 welcome to our Fitbit Community! Since your husband hasn't received the Aria 2 invitation, even though you have sent it via Fitbit app and online Dashboard, I'd like to know what is the Internet browser you are using.

In the meantime, try clearing cache and cookies of your browser and send the invitation again. We usually recommend using Google Chrome.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Google Chrome - I cleared all cookies and resent, but he still receives nothing.  In fact, he receives no emails from FitBit at all, and only gets notifications within his app/ dashhboard (we tested this by setting up a challenge/ sending a message). 

I also checked his notification settings and they all appear on.  He is using an old AOL email address still.  Could this be an issue?  I am really stumped on this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Csimmons079 thank you for getting back and providing more details.

I'd like you to try one more workaround. Please have your husband to look for the invitation email on the "Spam" or "Junk" folders of his email account through the computer.

Let me know if the email is there.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

No email in junk or spam. I have searched and not notifications from Fitbit have been received in the last couple months.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Csimmons079 since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get this resolved I have the same issue

Best Answer

I have an issue with the invite to Aria2 as well. If I use the email invite, they get the invite no problem it shows on my account the invite is pending, but when they click the link it comes up with a page that says something like "that page is following a different trail". I contacted support but they just said double check it is the right email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: support also said to try having the user try the link through a computer rather than a phone. That worked. I am thinking it may be some blocking in Apple phones since they have the health app and apple watch which don't play nice with Fitbit. Strange though as we were able to connect through a Mac computer which also uses the Safari browser. Anyway for anyone else having the same issue I suggest they try this

Best Answer
0 Votes