Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 owners: would you buy again?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Considering buying an Aria 2 (or some smart scale).  I have an Ionic.  Seems like there are a lot of accuracy issues as well as long term issues (maybe that was Aria 1).

Would you all buy again?  Seems like some lower cost, better accuracy options out there.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

@mcg123 It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Thank you for your interest on the Aria 2. I'd like you to take a look at this help article, which explains the improvement from the Aria 1.

Hope this helps and don't hesitate to get back if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

I'd recommend it.  I own one and a friend of mine is considering buying himself one for the holidays.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@DramaQueenDiva I appreciate your support and thank you for sharing your feedback my friend!

Best Answer

Hello MCG, 

I bought it and I like it. This is the first scale I have ever purchased, so I really don't know how accurate it is. 

I weigh myself every morning at the same time. Thus, what is actually important is the change in my weight. 

My guess is that you can find a cheaper scale - but this syncs with the fitbit app to provide you with all your data in the same place. For me, that's convenient and justifies the price. 

If you are unsure, search for "aria 2 review" on Youtube. 

Good luck, Eric 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@805976 I really appreciate your feedback and thank you for sharing your comments.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

The aria 2 scale is very expansive, very inaccurate for body fat and non refundable if turned on.  My husband just got his real body fat measurement professionally done one day prior to trying to the scale, his accurate body fat was 20 percent, the aria 2 scale measured him at 42 percent the first time.  I read through the Fitbit community trying to fix the issue.  It mentioned to weight yourself five time for the scale to calibrate to your body.  Well after the fifth time he was at 27 percent.  Still very immaculate.  The bottom line is that it’s a very expansive scale.  Secondly, the scale cannot Be returned if it as been turned on.  If you purchase the item at the non Fitbit.com ( sport check, the source etc...)they will say to deal with Fitbit.com.  Fitbit have a 45 day satisfaction guarantee but there are exceptions on electronic devices.  Also you have to pay for shipping ect...  which will cost about $50.  I wanted to share because it’s cheaper to get the body fat testing done professionally in a pod.  Hope this helps.  I which I had this review before purchasing mine.

Please read my post before purchase.  I posted it this morning.  If you are just looking for a scale then it does do the weight properly and accurately and track it on your Fitbit page.  If you are looking to track your body fat percentile, then don’t purchase the scale.  It’s not at all accurate, i explain in my post how my husband did a day prior by a professional is body fat percentage were he was 20%, well the scale at first said he was 42%, then after weighing himself 5 times as per direction on the Fitbit community post, it went down, but was 27%.  In my opinion this accuracy is very large.  Also, you cannot return the scale once turned on.  Read the warranty and 45 days custom satisfaction exceptions.  Then if they decide to take it back because you are arguing with them, you still have to pay for the shipping of the item that is not very light.  I would not purchase it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Bergeroncmy Thank you very much for sharing your feedback and comments about the Aria scale. This helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It took me like an hour to set it up. Maybe you can improve that for your next version. 

Best Answer

We got one for Christmas last year (2017) and my wife and I have been using it ever since.  We think it's great.  We keep it in the closet (so the little ones don't destroy it) and put it on the bathroom tiles when we want to use it - no perceptible accuracy change due to constant moving.  It measures weight/BF% quickly, syncs to the Wi-Fi and is downloaded to the app quickly too.  Measurements are consistent day-to-day and do a great job of showing trends over time.  Would definitely buy again!

Best Answer

Don't buy one.  I have had no end of trouble trying to set it up.  I have had it quite a while and we had to change our Wireless name and password.  I weighed myself this morning and entered the weight manually (because it had been looking for the old wireless).  So it worked ok.  Today, I have a day off, and had some spare time, so thought I would set up the Aria with the new wireless.  Now, it says Thinking, Err.  I have re-set it up so many times.  So the scale works ok.  It did this morning.  It's some kind of software issue that no one seems to know how to fix.  I just want to disconnect from any network so that I can weigh myself again.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

Best Answer

No.. There seems to be a design fault.There are multiple online complaints like mine that Aria stops working after less than 2 years and flashes flat batttery sign. Fit bit just says bad luck but you're out of warranty

Best Answer

@AriaProblems wrote:

No.. There seems to be a design fault.There are multiple online complaints like mine that Aria stops working after less than 2 years and flashes flat batttery sign. Fit bit just says bad luck but you're out of warranty

@AriaProblems, apparently you have a Aria scale, and not the Aria 2 - though you posted in the Aria 2 forum. The Aria 2 has been available for just over a year.  

Best Answer

@AriaProblems Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

@USAF-Larry Thank you so much for your support my friend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sad to say I cannot recommend Aria 2.

I have experienced the dreaded Step On > Step Off > Thinking > ERR over and over again. Numerous times I've factory reset and replaced batteries and it just doesn't work anymore. It lasted less than 12 months, which I find unacceptable for such an expensive product.

In the FitBit support community comments, I've read others reporting this error here a lot with no good solutions offered. I also have a Consumer Reports subscription and Area 2 has a 1.9/5 star rating there from consumers reporting this same problem, as well as battery drainage.

I think Aria 2 is faulty. It appears the FitBit warranty is 45 days, so I am out of luck. Avoid this scale until they offer a better warranty and release a new version.

Best Answer

@genuser Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you had with your Aria scale. I know how you feel about this. Thank you for sharing your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

For more information about the warranty, please check out this page.

Best Answer

I would NEVER buy a Fitbit scale again.  I bought the Aria 2 a few months ago.  I was able to connect it to the wifi when I bought it.  However, when I wanted to change it over to my guest network, as every IOT device should be connected, I was unable to.  I tried everything, including a factory reset but, I was never able to reconnect.  It is now in a landfill, somewhere.  Consider this scale to be a fancy looking $100 piece of glass.  It looks pretty in form but has little or no function.

Best Answer

The product itself is great but the software part and the support is one of the worst I had ever. I had 2 watch and the aria 1 scale. The 2 watch broke really quickly and it was a nightmare to be refound. I just got a rebate to buy a new one from them.

On the Aria part, I still have the scale and love it (robust, nice), but the software is a nightmare and I need an old wifi network in // of my main one because Aria 1 is not compatible with modern wifi... just look at this forum the number of complaints about wifi connectivity...

Best Answer

At this point... I would absolutely NOT buy this device again. It's flaky, the connectivity to the router is spotty at best even after moving it less than 10ft away. I think i've managed to get the device to work on the network here at the house about 15 times since the spring. I've had enough and opened a ticket with support. Either something is wrong with the unit or their product quality has really taken a dive <--- A likely possibility if the charge 3 is any indication.

Best Answer