Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 owners: would you buy again?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Considering buying an Aria 2 (or some smart scale).  I have an Ionic.  Seems like there are a lot of accuracy issues as well as long term issues (maybe that was Aria 1).

Would you all buy again?  Seems like some lower cost, better accuracy options out there.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

They did eventually replace it, even though it was out of warranty.  Now, the Charge 3 has had a software update, taking away the ability to set alarms on the app.  Now it can only be done on the device.  Good luck with that unless you have great eyesight.  And it's easy to accidentally turn on or off the alarm in error.  Why on earth would you remove a feature from an app?  Change it maybe, but remove it?

Best Answer

If you had asked a week ago, I would say YES! However, it quit syncing a few days ago. 

I spent hours with support via chat, email, and phone repeating the same steps over and over to try to reconnect the device. When none of that worked, support tried to say it was my network, which it isn't. 

After looking on the forums, I see an inferior connection card was used in the Aria 2, and several people have had the Aria 2 suddenly stop syncing. 

The next path support decided to take was to repeatedly act im an insulting manner.

Finally, when they admitted the product was defective, they let me know that if you are 1 year after purchase, you are out of warranty for the scale. Fitbit will not even give you a discount to buy a new scale.

Upon further investigation,  I believe this is because they no longer manufacture any scales. 

Instead of giving a family of loyal fitbit advocates incentive to remain loyal customer by offering a credit toward another purchase, we have been offended and insulted for days by the support staff.

There are any great scales out there that are compatible with the fitbit app. For my money, I'd buy a less expensive scale, many of which offer more metrics and can be used with multiple apps.

Fitbit.....you really messed up on this one! In 3 days, your support staff have turned loyal customers into less than enthusiastic product users who are waiting for the next product to die so that we can move away from your products.

I suggest you have your support managers start learning what service recovery entails.

Regard,Highly dissatisfied customer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would not and did not buy an Aria or Aria 2 scale again. I did by a EufyLIfe scale and "PROBLEM SOLVED". It's easy to set-up, works every time, and integrates with my Fitbit charge 2 and all my devices (laptop and phone).

Best Answer
0 Votes