Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria 2 won't connect to WiFi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So having difficulties connecting my new Aria 2 to Wifi.

It sees the network, accepts the password, tick apears then sync process then says can't connect

I have tried the following:-

• Reseting Router
  • Trying a different router
  • Trying a wifi extender
  • Changing from WPA to WPA-2 personal to WEP
  • Changing to a simple wifi password
  • Changing mode from 802.11 b/g/n mixed to g/n mixed to n only
  • My DHCP table shows it as having an IP and lease
  • banging head against wall
  • praying to the various gods and minor dieties
  • asking my two year old for technical advice

What is my next step? Is this a firmware issue or an issue with the synchronisation servers?

Yours hopefully

P.s also tried taking batteries out for ten min, router is 8 feet in direct line of sight to router, there are other wireless devices on network which are working fine.

Geoff

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110
Aria 2 scale. It works on 2.5 Gh band only
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JuanJoFitbit wrote:

@KarynaH Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria 2 is not connecting to your network either. I would like to follow up on this issue and would like you to try the following troubleshooting steps: Restart your router and after this, set up your scale from scratch. 

On an aside note, I would like to know if you made changes to your network (WiFi password, router or router settings).

@JSSC I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria 2. I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

So,... I did actually have this problem and I have actually fixed it.

In my router setup, I disabled 20/40 MHz coexistence. 

I also set the maximum WiFi mode to the 400 Mbps setting, but I'm not sure this was necessary.

I went from intermittent to no connection for days to a solid connection every time I weighed.

Hope this helps.

@morningReign 

Best Answer
0 Votes
are you serius? i would not change anything in my router which work
perfectly with more then 20 devices connected.
I didn't change any setup just the aria stopped to work how is possible is
so poor the os of the scale that have problem with good connections?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am a long time fitbit user. very happy with the fitness tracker and now own my fourth device and my second scale (aria and after it broke, aria 2).

The aria 2 worked fine for years. just one day out of the blue it doesn't sync anymore. No firmware update on the aria 2 nor on my wifi / router equipment

I have unifi products for wifi/ router and have made all kinds adjustments, including a seperate SSID with 2.4b/g and low beacon speeds of 1mbit. This stupid device does not want to work with my wifi anymore. I see a successful connection, even getting an IP address via (so communication is fine!). After that nothing.
I ended up creating a hotspot on my iphone, which works. really terrible.

Best Answer

@Hansaplast26 wrote:

I am a long time fitbit user. very happy with the fitness tracker and now own my fourth device and my second scale (aria and after it broke, aria 2).

The aria 2 worked fine for years. just one day out of the blue it doesn't sync anymore. No firmware update on the aria 2 nor on my wifi / router equipment

I have unifi products for wifi/ router and have made all kinds adjustments, including a seperate SSID with 2.4b/g and low beacon speeds of 1mbit. This stupid device does not want to work with my wifi anymore. I see a successful connection, even getting an IP address via (so communication is fine!). After that nothing.
I ended up creating a hotspot on my iphone, which works. really terrible.

Yeah, my problem with this seemed to start one day for no particular reason too.

From my reading about the 20/40 coexistence option, the router drops the WiFi speed/changes modes when the network gets more congested. From looking at a scanner, it does look like that is what happened.

Best Answer

I love that you prayed to various gods and minor deities - those gods can be real jerks if we don't pray to them, and the nymphs especially like to screw around with our scales.

Best Answer

Same as you 100%

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same issue and tried all remedies suggested but still no connection.  
Any other solution?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m so glad I’m not alone. I contacted Fitbit, and I get the condescending reply to turn off the scales...reset it. I made it clear that I had done all the resetting. My husband did too. Ug, so frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Let me ask something, since when you have the scales? is just curious that
my scale started to have this "problem" just after the expiry of the
warranty.

I don't want to think that is something planned...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had mine a couple years now. I’m pretty sure it’s more about an update they did or something but not a warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I'm confused as to why this question's "Best Answer" didn't actually resolve the problem.

This page has an "Answered" checkbox checked and 5 pages of replies that suggest it was not.

I actually have a positive, repeatable result. My scale now works perfectly.

Has anyone else been able to try disabling 20/40 coexistence on their WIFI router?

I'd really like to know if anyone else can get their scale to work the same way mine currently does.

It would be nice to be able to give Fitbit a push in the right direction, assuming this is in fact that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Bought 24 months ago but used only for about 16 months.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I totally understand how you feel about this since your Aria 2 scales won't connect with your WiFi networks. Please let me know if you receive any error message. Also, let me know if you have made changes to your network, such as router, WiFi settings or WiFi password.

In the meantime, try taking out the batteries for 15 seconds and put them back in. After this, try setting up your scales from scratch as instructed in this help page.

Looking forward to your response.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

None of this worked

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JuanJoFitbit ,This is a repeat of a prior post, but since

I HAVE A FUNCTIONING ARIA SCALE

...that was not communicating and as now been communicating, flawlessly, for months, I think it bears repeating:

"Personally, I'm confused as to why this question's "Best Answer" didn't actually resolve the problem.

This page has an "Answered" checkbox checked and 5 pages of replies that suggest it was not.

I actually have a positive, repeatable result. My scale now works perfectly.

Has anyone else been able to try disabling 20/40 coexistence on their WIFI router?

I'd really like to know if anyone else can get their scale to work the same way mine currently does.

It would be nice to be able to give Fitbit a push in the right direction, assuming this is in fact that."

This may not help you, but on the Netgear Nighthawk, the option is called 20/40 mhz coexistence and it appears to negotiate the bandwidth in a way that the Aria is incapable of doing.

Disabling this feature, allowed the Aria to connect. Enabling it did not immediately result in the Aria disconnecting, but it invariably failed a few days/weeks later with this option on.

Currently I have it disabled and as I said before, my Aria 2 has functioned flawlessly for months.

*** I really like my Aria 2 and I want it to succeed and continue to be available.

Regards,

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed completely kind of battery (apparently my rechargeable battery where fkd up) since then is working again with no problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just could not get the wifi to work again. Took an entire evening to set it up originally and now it just stopped working again. Spent 3 hours unsuccessfully to reconfigure it. A frustrated heel has now ensured my Aria 2 is going out in tomorrow's trash... Single worst product experience in my life. I've worked with IoT devices that are less complex & less error prone than this garbage.

Oh and Fitbit Support is as much of a joke as their products. I couldn't get anyone to help with this particular issue. Best I got was "we'll email you... sometime".

Best Answer

Same here. I gave up trying to get mine on wifi. 

Best Answer
change batteries, after i did never had problem and i was struggling for so
long.
Best Answer
0 Votes