Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So the scale was working fine the first day, but everytime after I use the scale it won't sync to my app unless I force stop the fitbit app, relaunch fitbit, and then try the scale again. Then it'll work once and I gotta do it all over again.

I got this scale cause it was suppose to be quick and convenient, but if I have to dig into my settings to force restart an app what's the point of this thing? It's easier to just put it in manually. The help pages on here are worthless, done everything they've said and it still doesn't work properly. Reset the scale, restarted and reinstalled everything and turned stuff off and on again no luck. It feels like I wasted 90 dollars on this thing. If it worked as advertised I'd love it but at this point unless I can get it working right I just want to return it. 

Anyone had this problem that's been able to fix it? 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Hi @Ricewizard, welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria Air is not syncing unless you re-install the Fitbit app. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via chat and will contact you via email in order to follow up. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had 2 Aria Air scales because the first would only Sync at the beginning and then stopped.  I was sent a new one and the exact same problem.  The first one actually would randomly sync, the new one only did for a week or so and then now nothing.  My sister has the same scale and she has given up on it syncing at all (can't be bothered to try to get this resolved).  She has an iphone and I have an android...so it seems like an Aria Air issue not a phone one.  Super frustrating!  I too bought it for the convenience but am tired of contacting Fitbit for help.

Best Answer

My new Aria scale has exactly the same problem.

Can you assist?

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue. If ain’t sync to the app! Help!

Best Answer

*it won’t 

Best Answer

Can you post the solution to this problem? I have precisely the same issue and would love to have it resolved. I have gone through the phone support avenue and gone through the reset aria air, delete it from the app, and reinstall everything. It works once. Is there a firmware update that can be pushed out to fix this? 

A frustrated and disappointed fitbit user.

Best Answer

What was the solution if any?  I have a brand new scale, it synced once, and no matter what I do it won't work anymore

Best Answer

Same problem.  At least since it appears to not be just me a fix may eventually come. Please keep us informed Fitbit.

Best Answer

Exact same problem.

Fitbit, you really need to be responding to this on this forum. Like me i bet moat people purchased the scale for the autosync and it does not work. If its not fixed i will be returning the product as its not functioning as descibed.

Best Answer

Since Fitbit seems not to care about this issue, I have found my own solution.  The Aria Air, when it's working, is supposed to sync the weight it measures with the Fitbit app.  I can only get the Aria Air to do this once.  My SOLUTION: I returned the Aria Air to Amazon and purchased a Renpho scale for less than $20.  This scale measures: Weight, BMI, Body Fat, Fat-free Body Weight, Subcutaneous Fat, Visceral Fat, Body Water, Skeletal Muscle, Muscle Mass, Bone Mass, Protein, BMR, and Metabolic Age.  Pairing with my phone was a breeze and the Renpho app will transfer your weight and Body Fat measurements to the Fitbit app.  I have been using this scale for several days now and have had NO issues with the scale synching to the Renpho app and the measurements are immediately transferred to the Fitbit app.  

Summary- get a scale that works for less than $20.

The model I purchased was the ES-24M-B

Best Answer

Yeah, having this same issue. As it seems there hasn't been a fix or workaround outside of force stopping the app, I'm probably going to have to return mine.

Best Answer

Update 11-24-2020

Still nothing but crickets from Fitbit.  The Renpho scale and app have worked flawlessly every day for the past three weeks.  Synching with the Fitbit app has been seamless as well.  

Best Answer

Same problem here.

Wow fitbit. At least reply to this. Give us a solution, before you start getting all these scales returned, and people move on to other brands.

Customer service does a lot to keep customers happy, and keep them coming back.

Best Answer

I ended up getting a Withings Body+ which is a bit more expensive but has a few more bells and whistles like WiFi connectivity (so I don't need to even have the app out while on the scale) which is neat, and it wasn't hard to setup the syncing to Fitbit, and it actually works. Will be returning the Aria Air soon.

Best Answer

Same problem, first time worked fine every day after nothing! This sounds like an inherent design fault and should be updated or removed from sale until the problem is fixed! I've used fitbit devices for years with no problems, this is a real shame. Please update fix ASAP or I'll be asking for my money back! 

Best Answer

My scale stopped also

please Help!!!

Best Answer

Seen in another post that forcing the fitbit app on your phone to stop and try again, worked so far with mine but not really the answer? As you might as well just type the weight in!! If I've had no answer to my post or any by the weekend its going back!

Best Answer

Aria was born as a piece of **ahem** some years ago. Time passed and a lot of new products with problems solved their bugs. But not with Aria. She is now and will always be a piece of **ahem**. Forever and ever. Be ashamed, Fitbit's family. Gave peace to Aria and discontinue this piece of **ahem**. Poor Aria.

What the genius "support team" can do without any communication with Aria or no ports to insert a new firmware? You are too stupid to build this product that has problems year after year without and usb port to fix your incredible mistakes.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
I changed the batteries in my Aria and it’s working great now, lol
Best Answer
0 Votes