Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Air won't track weight correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria (original) stopped working a few days ago.  So I purchased an Aria Air to replace it (knowing I wouldn't like the Bluetooth-needs-app thing but figuring "whatever").  It arrived today, I configured it but it kept reporting my weight was that last reported by the old scale (the old scale was removed from my account, I even cleared the app's cache and data!), which, while holding 40 pounds of cat litter, just did not seem correct, even to a slowpoke like me.

I tried contacting Fitbit support.  Their first line support does not handle scales; here's a ticket number (39190480) you'll get an email shortly.  No email yet.  So then I come here a couple hours later ("here" => these forums.... email is not a support channel that seems offered anymore and I don't want to Twitter).  I find the "we're aware of the issue thread."  Check out my old Aria and it works fine. 

I've started the return of the new scale.  But please tell me, because I want to know, Fitbit, how much of a tool am I to you?

I guess "[I] should be happy [I] did not throw it away," right, team? 

I've purchased the one, surge, Aria and ionic for myself and a few charges as gifts.  Guess who will not be buying your products going forward!?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I feel the "best" that could have been done here is emailing potentially-impacted users (maybe with Arias active on their accounts?) that there was an issue as soon as you were aware.

As stated above, I reached out to support, was given that ticket number (because first-line support doesn't do scales) and told I'd get an email and the scale team would follow-up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not even sure Odyssey13 works for FitBit (if not the following certainly isn't applicable to Odyssey13 specifically) but I also do not see an apology in their response.  No emails from that scale support team, either... and no emails from general support about the chat session yesterday. 

Does Fitbit even have their own support teams anymore!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KoryWoods  each email you send will put you at the bottom of the queue, as it doesn't realize this is not a new issue. They will get with you, but as I posted above, they are more limited these days. Lots of companies are experiencing similar problems in getting sufficient personnel to be there to respond to customers. I've had problems with Costco, Walmart, Verizon, Roku and Amazon. It happens.

Might be a good time for members to know which people posting on the forums are Moderators or Fitbit Employees.  click to learn how

There are also Fitbit Community Council members, but they are not employees of Fitbit, merely members, like everyone else, who keep track of their steps.  click to learn more about CC

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hello from sweden!

my aria that I have had a long time stopped working 2 days ago? 
mot does not sync and I tried restart it several times.

i use the scale alot and i was fine in that it was dead and bought the aria air.

i should have read that it does not do the body fat .....

so i need a new scale more (i Will give it away).

but there is no aria or aria 2 to get?!?!?

are fit bit going to stop it.

funny thing is that the air has all markings in the screen if you look closely . Body fat, Wi-Fi etc etc . Hm 

but is there a lack of products?

i have hade several gadgets and right now ionic.

brgds

marcus Eduards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have not emailed Fitbit; I do not know how to email Fitbit support. Indeed, I do not know how obtain support for this (or probably any Fitbit) product, full stop.

I want to understand why did Fitbit not send a push notification, email or *something else* to inform us with wireless Aria devices that they broke our scales and were actively fixing them?  Why is it so difficult to contact support (and why do I need to use Twitter, their chat program and/or their forums to do so........)?  I have a "ticket number" but have not heard anything from official support since Wednesday's chat session; not even an email that the chat occurred. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

I DId not check community until yesterday and they several others with same problem and I bought a new aria air with out bodyfat%😂

i Will try my old later as it seems to be fixed.

i guess some more bought new scales.....

good for profit bad for reputation.

next time i have issues i Will check community first ......

but it means that they can reach our devices really easy .....

brgds

marcus 

Best Answer

@Mac: I would upvote your post if I could; lol, sounds like you are in the same position as I and are taking it much better. 🙂

Try to return it to the retailer or manufacturer!!  The poor support or acknowledgment of a known issue has been ridiculous.

/edit/ they let me upvote stuff after a few posts or something!

/another edit/ I also recovered my Twitting account and sent them a private message on that platform; their temporarily breaking our devices and not communicating that to us... is something that should not happen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KoryWoods and @MacEdu. Welcome to the Community Forums. @Odyssey13, thanks for stopping by to help these members.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, as well for taking the time to share your thorough feedback about the Fitbit environment. I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with the Aria Air. I understand where you're coming from as this isn't the experience that we want you to have. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, services and overall environment, and your comments take a big part of that process.

@KoryWoods, because you already have a case created, I've gone ahead and contacted our Support team on your behalf. I was told that your case is under review and they'll get in touch with you via email. I've also forwarded your posts so they can evaluate your details and provide you with further assistance.

@MacEdu, I just want to confirm if the issues with your Aria Air were fixed. If not, please don't hesitate to let me know so I can investigate on my end and help you out. 

See you around.

Best Answer

Just acknowledging my complaint (as a Fitbit employee and in a form that went to my *email*) has me like 97.8% defused.  👍

Fitbit implementing a means of communicating that there is an issue with a chunk of devices certainly needs to be implemented, though.  Email, text (bleh) and app push notifications all seem like better ways than relying on your users' use of Twitter or these forums (I am *assuming* Fitbit told their Twitter community there was an issue; I did not verify that was the case!).

Then there is this more general trend of tech companies limiting the channels of support that they make available (specifically seeming to disfavor email, which... I like having soft copies of communication, appointments and other documents on *my* devices, too, you know [and saving these web pages and/or copy/pasting is getting old for us consumers who do so]?).  This is secondary to the lack of communication and almost an unfortunate expectation; though it goes hand-in-hand with the lack of communication this thread initially concerned.

Other than that, I am mostly good.  Still returning the scale.  The original Aria has been working fine.  Will not be getting a Sense (was on the fence, this experience has beyond caused that ship to sail).  I will probably investigate whatever follows the Sense but this experience was awful.

Best Answer
0 Votes