Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

My protocols are correct, my SSID name is only letters/1-9- as is my password...I'm still getting the ERR message.  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ugh, I feel your pain. I spent a lot of time messing with this. Funny thing is that it worked for a week then one day I got the ERR message. I suspect that Comcast changed settings in my cable modem/router one night. Have you been able to log in to your cable router? Can you see the settings? 

In Comcast Xfinity WiFi units, you need to login at 10.0.0.1 (admin is default login, the password is printed on the router and you can change this later), go to Gateway-Connection-WiFi, you should see your wifi router SSID (in mine there is the 2.4 and 5 GHz), both of these have EDIT buttons on the right side. Its here that you can verify your 802.11 settings have a "b" as well as the G and N. You also may have to lower your firewall setting to LOW. Hope this helps you! 

Best Answer
I worked with Comcast technical support. They sent a tech to replace my router. That fixed the problem. Connected!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Try setting the radio to a specific channel. Mine wouldn't get past the ERR message until I forced it to a specific channel.  (An idea I got from the setup documents from my daughter's Nintendo DS, which also wouldn't connect until I changed from auto to a specific channel.)

Best Answer

How did you get it to work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The protocol on my router is set for mixed which should include 802.11b, however I still get the wifi err message. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it's a Comcast Xfinity router, you should see the /b included in the protocol string. Mine said g/b/n when I was done. Prior to that it said g/n only shock prevented my Aria from talking to the network. Verify it says /b and then perhaps a full restart of both the router and the Aria. Hope this helps, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My router has the correct protocol and I am still getting the wifi error every time i try to set up. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here.

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you haven't tried a complete reset of the Aria scale, then try that. Otherwise I'm not sure. Perhaps FitBit will send you a new unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem. Ran setup several times and always ended with WIFI ERR.  My router ID and password were already just letters and numbers with no special characters but the password was uppercase if that made a difference.  I changed it to lowercase and numbers and the next time I ran setup up it connected perfectly.  I didn't have to change any other security or access settings on the router.

Best Answer
I will give this a try. Thank you so much.

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wifi protocol is 802.11ac and it gives me a wifi err on set up. How can i resolve it

Best Answer
0 Votes
I changed my wifi password to lowercase alphanumeric and it solved the problem. 

Kind regards,Helen
Best Answer
0 Votes

My resolution was my house needed a wifi extender. So now my wifi extender is called mynetwork name_ext. I re setup the scale to look for this network and now it works. I no longer have to use my cell hotspot to sync.

I purchased a Linksys AC1200 extender that works with my Linksys WRT3200ACM and that did the trick. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My wifi password is lower caps already but still can't connect

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
So was mine but I changed it and it fixed the problem!

Kind regards,Helen
Best Answer

After an hour of messing with this thing, I happened upon your post, which resolved the issue.  Many many thanks dude!  Strange thing is that it was all working without issues for months.  I recently changed my Comcast wifi password and could not get the stupid thing reconnected.  I am not asking any questions at this point, it is working after I changed the 2.4ghz setting to b/n/g.  Thanks again!!!!!!

Best Answer

You have to be kidding me that the fix is to change my network name.

This is the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever bought.

Thanks to the posters that figured this out!!  But no thanks.  Going 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You don't have to change your details, just use the information on the PC app and it'll work with any 2.4 GHz wifi setup:

https://www.fitbit.com/nl/setup/aria

Best Answer
0 Votes