Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

@MikeS7671 Welcome to the Fitbit forums and it's great to see you here @Rissis! Regarding your question and inquiry, the Aria scale connects to protocols 802.11b, b/g/n. Please check out this help article in order to see what are the settings needed to connect the Aria scale. On an aside note, please let me know what is the make and model of your routers.

@RazzleTom Thank you for your help my friend!

@Bearcatfan9 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I want to follow up on your case as well and would like to know if your Aria scale could connect to your network and if it's working properly now.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Word of advise - just sell it or return it as every time you will be changing battery and it happens often no clue why you will have to go through the same steps and hours will be lost.  I would definetly vote it as the worst wifi scale on the market with one of the weakest software and support 

Best Answer
I threw it away. $100 down the drain.

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's great to see new faces in our Fitbit forums! I appreciate your feedback and comments bout the Aria scale. I want to follow up on your case and would like to know if your Aria is also showing the "WiFi ERR" message. Also, please let me know what is the make and model of your router.

@Gloto I'm sorry to hear that you decided to stop using your Aria scale. I truly appreciate your feedback and it will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

For over 6 months I have not been able to get it to connect to our new router/modem. My husband tried to push it out of the way with his foot yesterday morning and it slid into the base the toilet and cracked.  Won’t even read my weight.  The dilemma of whether I should just stick with the working but not connecting scale or trash it and get a new one has now been solved.  Yeah for a husband who doesn’t know his own strength!   I now have a new scale that connects quick with no issues.  ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which scale did you choose?
Best Answer
0 Votes
A new Aria or different brand?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nokia Body+.  After doing my research, I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond and used my 20% off coupon.  It was super easy to set up and is quick to weigh and give you your stats.  Weighing is no longer a chore...yeah!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Aria 1.

I had a Comcast router. I returned it and used the router I bought at Walmart a couple of years ago. It works now. Syncs no problem.
T

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can I be removed from these posts please. I no longer have an Aria scale

Sent from an iPhone
Please excuse it's brevity and any typographical errors.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I would like to say this product is rubbish. I no longer have a working scale either, and will not be purchasing another from Fitbit. Please take me off the list.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Ive been having g the same issue. Everything matches and I to had it connected to my wifi. When I called in to Fitbit they said bottom line if the modem info is the issue they can't do nothing. But here lies the problem, I had a tech come out and he showed me everything and how it's set up properly and yes it runs on the correct stuff the Fitbit tech specified. But my scale still won't connect to my wifi. So I over paid for a regular 15 dollar digital scale since it cannot do what was promised. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lynette330 @brcre @jecomebb @JanUK Hi! I really appreciate your feedback and comments. This info will be sent to our team since this helps us to keep improving our products and services.

@RazzleTom I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly. Thank you for posting the update in the Community. Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@Gloto If you don't want to receive any notifications of this thread, please click on the "gear icon" that appears at the bottom of the thread and select the option "Unsubscribe" from the list.

Unsuscribe from thread.PNG

I'll be around if more questions arise!

Best Answer

I recently had the the Wifi Err issue and found the following which may help some of you.

Your modem/router may have auto firmware upgrades enabled on it, as was the case with my Fritz!box 7390. 

In the most recent firmware upgrade, it disabled the Wireless B band (aka 802.11b) which the FitBit Aria scales rely on.  Now although the new firmware disabled the band, it did not remove the functionality to manually turn the 802.11b band back on, in case legacy devices required it. Which is the case with the FitBit Aria.

So the following instructions are only for Fritz!box routers, but others should venture down this line of troubleshooting with their own router as well, ensuring that the 802.11b band has not been disabled.

Directly from the Fritz!box website:

Enabling the wireless standard 802.11b on Fritz!Box modem/routers.

The following step is only necessary if the wireless device (for example a Fitbit wireless scale) only supports the outdated wireless standard 802.11b:

Important:The wireless standard 802.11b is disabled in the FRITZ!Box by default because the user data rate of all wireless devices is reduced when 802.11b support is enabled, even if none of the wireless devices are using this standard.

1. Click "Wireless" ("WLAN") in the FRITZ!Box user interface.
  2. Click "Radio Channel" in the "Wireless" ("WLAN") menu.
  3. Enable the option "Adjust radio channel settings".
  4. Click "Additional Settings".
  5. Select the standard "802.11n+g+b" from the "Wireless standard" drop-down list.
  6. Click "Apply" to save the settings.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, super helpful, detailed & helpful info. Thank you!
Best Answer

Can you maybe help me with the set up? I called customer support and followed all the instructions and everything. Still wont connect, on top of it not connecting now it's reading my weight and body fat incorrectly. I had a suspicion that it was happening since well I am not really fluctuating 10 lbs in one day. I weighed my self in the morning and it said I weighed 150. I know that's wrong since when I was weighing 150 my pant size was a 10. I am currently an 8, I decided to do more than one weigh in a day to see if it's my scale or me. Sure enough I weighed my self in the afternoon and I was back to 140. So I have been weighing my self three times a day in the past 3 days and yup my scale is not working properly. This morning I weighed at 153 (that was in my under wear only) I got dressed and ready for work and I weighed my self again and I was down to 143. What can I do since for one it's not connecting to wifi's any at all. I tried my moms house thinking it would help and maybe calibrate it. Nope so now I have a non working scale. I am very frustrated because I paid almost 200 dollars for it and there's no fix and it's not working.

Would you mind sharing the steps you took to fix this issue? Since my scale hasn't synced since last year it's calibrating wrong. I could really use all the help I can get from anyone, I just got off the chat with fitbit and since it's past the one year warranty there's nothing they can do. The best they could offer was selling me an Aria 2. Which just left me feeling helpless since I don't have the cash to just buy another one. Two I really want my stupid scale to work but it wont. So any tips trick's videos on "how to fix it your self" (It's out of warranty so that wont matter anymore.) would be greatly appreciated.

I was using it like that my self, not being able to connect to the wifi. Now it's not calibrated correctly, every time I weigh my self it say's I weigh 10lbs more and some times 10lbs less.

See this is what drives me crazy!! Fitbit is seeing how these Aria's are a piece of **ahem** but yet when you contact them to get it fixed; sent back like you can with the fitbits they say they don't do that for the scale. If it's past the first year your **ahem** out of luck. You have to buy a new one, I feel Fitbit is just robbing it's customers. It should re-call all the Arias and fix the issue or at least attempt to help their customers. Instead all they say is "you can buy a new Aria 2 for 100." really? WTF so it's cool to just throw out 100-200 bucks because it's past the first year? It's such bull**ahem**.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@its_Tricky83 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Thank you for sharing the workaround that helped you to connect your Aria to your WiFi. I'm pretty sure that this will help other users that experience the same issue just like it helped @Mmsauntie.

@Migas I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. I truly appreciate your feedback. I'll make sure to forward your feedback to the rest of our team.

I'll be around if any question arises!

Best Answer

Really?   You are asking a lot of people to know and execute technical details for setting up a scale.   Excellent technology for the general public should be simple and seamless.   This scale setup isn't and I am tech savvy.

Wife and I are frustrated beyond belief and would even be satisfied just resetting this to be a simple scale without WIFI but you Can't even do tha once you've started this.

Contact your provider?   Check the protocol and settings on your router?

Come up with better solutions, please.

For the record, I have a successful connection as the scale states this.   I entered a user and then step on it and it gives me an error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could not agree more! My provider customer service laughed at the fact that I was told to contact them!! About a scale? Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed. I never even attempted. Just gave up. No connection for me. Just
weigh myself. Disappointed bc I’ve had it for 2 years so I can’t return it.
I just appreciate the folks who have contributed their
thoughts/suggestions.
Best Answer
0 Votes