Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

I really don’t think you truly understand the amount of people that is having the same issues. If your company saw the issue they would do something about it.

Best Answer

@hopentyler Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I truly wish you stop saying my feedback is greatly appreciated because it’s not. If your company actually does fix the on going horrible issue. Your company wouldn’t have so many disgruntled, agitated, angry customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hopentyler We’re aware of the issue, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers.

We understand that this isn't the resolution you were hoping for, but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reading through this thread after wasting an hour of my time has just frustrated me further. Useless bit of tech and your bull**ahem** answers around appreciating the feedback is a joke. That answer is out of a manual and just pisses people off further. You have lost your brand with this and I will never buy another product affiliated with the Fitbit brand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IT FINALLY WORKS!!!

I bought my Aria scale in January 2017.  In the 18 months since I bought it, I've gone through 4 routers (2 Linksys, 2 AT&T).  I was able to get my scale to work once, with the first AT&T router, but not since.  After reading through most of this discussion, I completed the steps below and IT WORKS!!!

Devices

FitBit Aria 1 wireless scale Version V39

Laptop running Windows 10

AT&T dual-band 2.4 Ghz / 5 GHz router

WPA Security: Both (WPA-1 + WPA-2)

1) Confirmed my router name had only letters and numbers (my AT&T router already did, no change); my router password remained unchanged and it DOES contain special characters
2) Confirmed my router 2.4 GHz radio was in "B/G/N" mode (e.g. "mixed") - my router is dual band at 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz - I left both bands broadcasting
3) Changed my laptop network settings as follows:
        - Unplugged the ethernet / LAN cable
        - Disabled the 5 GHz radio
        - Changed the 2.4 GHz radio to "802.11b only" mode
4) Co-located my laptop and the Aria 1 scale in the same room as my AT&T router; all 3 devices were within a 10 foot radius
5) Performed the setup steps from my laptop by downloading the Windows app at https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria.  Do NOT use your phone, as I tried probably 25+ times over multiple months, and was unsuccessful.
6) Tested the scale - IT WORKED!!!
7) Reverted my laptop network settings back to normal: ethernet / LAN cable connected, reset 2.4 GHz radio to connect to all, re-enabled 5 GHz radio
😎 Moved my scale from the 2nd floor office to the 1st floor master bath, weighed, synced, and IT STILL WORKED!!!

Kudos to mschmitz for the "big break", which was to perform the install from my laptop AFTER connecting it to my router using only the 2.4 GHz / "802.11b" connection.

I hope this helps someone else set up their scale and saves them time WITHOUT calling Fitbit support, as today was my last attempt, before waving the white flag and buying an Aria 2.  Glad that my Aria 1 finally works, 20 months later...

Best Answer

Thank you! That canned response from them is almost worse than the problem itself!

I hear you and I couldn’t agree more! I have told so many people about this failure of Fitbit to honor their product - and I can’t tell you how validating it is to know I am not the only person that is blown away by the horrid way this huge company is failing thousands, maybe more, of consumers!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shaynenz @Jjthfuture Our team keeps monitoring this issue. Thank you for your understanding with this.

@IrishFanPete I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thank you for posting the update and thank you for sharing the workaround that helped you to get your Aria scale connected. Don't hesitate to get back if you need more assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more thing to try.   I had it working, then moved, the cable guy changed my WiFi so I changed the WiFi on the aria and it worked fine. Then I reset the wireless router and had to reset the WiFi again. Then I got the ERR error.  I tried setting It up 20 times.  I finally called support and they said to reset it <10 ft from my router.  That worked.  I was able to do it far away the first time but not the second time.  So attempt resetting it right by he router. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So

once you figure out the protocol # what do you do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlueBolt It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is also displaying an "ERR" message. Thank you by the way, for troubleshooting this issue. Since you mentioned that you attempted to restart your scale right by the router, in order to avoid any confusion on my end, did this work and fix the issue? Also, I would like to know if you tried to contact our Support team after this.

@Patmac5 Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! Regarding your inquiry, I would like to know first if you are getting the same message and what is the make and model of your router. After figuring out the protocol, which is 802.11b or b/g/n. You need to try the setup process again.

See you both later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it worked.  What threw me off was that i set it up just fine away from the router the first time.  Then tried it 15+ times again and failed. Then I called support and set it up right by the router and it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BlueBolt I'm glad to hear that you were able to set up your Aria. Thank you for posting the update here and the workaround you followed in order to have this issue resolved.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

After trying all of those other solutions, this is what WORKED!  Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tavern I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! You've posted great news. It's great to hear that your Aria scale is working properly. Thank you for posting the update in the forums.

Have you heard about the "Discussions board"? In this board you'll be able to meet more people, tell your experiences and start your own topics.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

It works now 🙂

I changed my wifi password, removed an ! and stuck to letters and numbers.

Best Answer

@BlueBell13 I noticed that you joined our Fitbit Community recently. Welcome aboard! I'm so glad to hear that your Aria scale connected to your network properly. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd also like you to take a look at our Discussions board so you can meet people, create your own topics and share your experiences.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

WRONG!!!!! And you work for them? With this type of solution? I did what majority of people did, I took the dashes out of my network and changed the password with something without numbers! I don't know what ya'll changed but you shouldn't have! My scale was working just fine! then months go by with no solution! Until I did what everyone else did! People please don't listen to this non sense!! He may work for the company but he clearly doesn't have a solution!

Best Answer

Thanks, this solved it for me. Have to fly a guest wifi for this scale or reset every other smart device in my home. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@salem32222 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! i totally understand how you feel and appreciate your feedback. However, I would like to turn the bad experience you've had with your Aria scale into a good experience. I would like to know if your WiFi password contain special characters. Is your scale displaying any error message? What is the make and model of your router? This information will help me to assist you further.

@TimeTraveler12 Thank you for participating in our Fitbit Community! I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced with the scale. Don't hesitate to get back if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to follow up.

See you guys around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer