Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria WIFI Err with set up

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been trying to set up my scales.  I go through almost the whole process until its trying to connect to WIFI and then a "WIFI ERR" shows up on the scales.  I have checked my settings on my modem and it is on WPA2 PSK.  I have also reset the modem more then once and tried the set up various times with no sucess.  Does this have something to do with my modem?  I have never had so many issues trying to set up one of my devices and I am considering just returning your item as I didnt realise I would have so many issues (obviously I dont want to return it).  Can anyone shed any light on this issue?

Best Answer
357 REPLIES 357

Utterly useless advice. "we installed cheap, low-grade, low-bandwidth wifi equipment in the scale, now you have to dumb-down your 802.11G router to get this crappy old '802.11B' technology to work." Might as well have said "some unicorns are pink, and others are not, call your (worse than useless xfinity) cable provider..."

Best Answer

I hate this scale with a passion. I can’t understand why they can’t fix their technology. I’m waiting for this crappy scale to commit suicide. Then I can trash it and get a scale that actually works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SofaKingOverIt Welcome aboard to the Fitbit forums! I know how frustrating this is for you. Our team is aware of the issue and may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We understand that this is not the resolution that you were hoping for but rest assured we are always working to improve our products.

@hopentyler Thank you for your feedback.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s been an issue for well over a year and 100s of customers are unhappy but they still can’t resolve in the near future. Kinda unbelievable for a company this size. (And I bet this post gets deleted by the moderator - they don’t like hard truth)
Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get removed from this thread!!! It’s annoying already. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From the email if you scroll down you should be able to see unsubscribe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you all for your comments. Regarding your question, you can unsubscribe from the thread by going to top of this page and locate a "gear" icon located at the right of the subject and click on it. After this, select "Unsubscribe" from the drop down display.

I'll be around if any questions arise!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a couple of months i decided to fix the issue I had with Aria today- WIFI ERR gone;fixed;solved! 🙂

Here is what I did

1.Connected to my router gateway - I use xfinity for internet and was able to connect to router with http://10.0.0.1/ in some cases this can be 192.168.0.1. Pls check online on how to connect to your router.

2.Updated WIFI 2.4 ghz mode to 802.11 b/g/n ( Earlier, when it was erroring out the mode was 802.11 g/n)

3.After the WIFI setup is completed. Please follow setup with Aria but taking out the battery and you will see setup active and follow setup.

These steps fixed the issue. Hope this helps others.

Best Answer

@harikumar It's great to see new faces in our Fitbit Community. Welcome aboard! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to resolve the issue and I appreciate your time in sharing the workaround that helped you to get this issue fixed. I'm sure this will help other users that experience the same issue.

Have you heard about our Discussions board? In this board, you'll be able to tell your stories, meet more people and start your own topics.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANKS!  I was able to get it working just by doing step b):

Ensured that my wireless mode was set to: 802.11mixed (n/g/b)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Which security protocol did you use? I’ve tried the mixed b,g,n setting but
still can’t set up my scale.

Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
That's the option I chose as well (in my router settings). If I check the
Wifi network properties in Windows, I see the following:

Protocol: 802.11ac
Security type: Personal
Network band: 5 GHz
Network Channel: 36
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn’t aware the Aria had 5Ghz support do you have an Aria 2?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Aria 1.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My bad, I guess my Aria would have worked with 5Ghz a few years ago but I
set it up on 2.4Ghz and it worked for years. My ISP switched to a different
router and the scale stopped working. They recently switched again to
handle 200/20 service so I thought I would try again.
My first setup was a piece of cake this time not so much. Maybe it will
work with your settings.

Thanks

That’s right, only 802.11b and not the 802.11 b,g,n protocol that is most likely on your router. If you want more insight into the status of 802.11b you can read more at 

https://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/networks/2012/07/02/disabling-802-11b/comment-page-1/?cerror=invalid-reque...

Sorry but you need to read what the moderator, Ferdinandfitbit wrote at the top of this thread the Aria only operates on 802.11b protocol if your router lacks that option you need to find an older router that supports 802.11b and b only.

heres the story...

https://blogs.it.ox.ac.uk/networks/2012/07/02/disabling-802-11b

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok i think you're correct. Double checked in my router settings (new
Xfinity router) and it looks like it's broadcasting both 2.5 & 5ghz at the
same time.

802.11 b/g/n for 2.5ghz
802.11 a/n/ac for 5ghz
Best Answer
0 Votes

@gariti That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get your Aria scale connected to your network. Thank you for posting the steps you followed.

@ECM68 I was able to get in touch with our Support team and told me that you had a chat conversation. I would like to know what was the outcome.

See you guys later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t know where you got the idea the problem was fixed, the only thing
that has changed is, I know why it will no longer connect. The Aria uses
obsolete technology that came out in 1999, was replaced in 2005 and
discarded in 2012. In short, a 802.11 b,g,n router will not connect to the
Aria that communicates with b only.
I’m looking through my collection of old hardware I keep for this kind of
event. This is not the first time a vendor sent me on a wild goose chase
when a compatibility issue came up. I have a hard time believing Fitbit was
not aware of the cause of the error. If and when I replace my Aria it won’t
be a Fitbit product and I will never recommend a Fitbit product to anyone.
Best Answer

@ECM68 I apologize for the confusion on my end and I'm sorry about the experience you've had with your Aria scale. I really understand how frustrated you are and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just moved and I have to use the internet companys router to have internet. The Router is 802.11ac, does Aria not work with this router because I continue to get the “WiFi ERR” msg.

Best Answer
0 Votes