Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't connect to my new wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently had to change out my wifi router.  It is the exact same type as my previous router that was connected to the scale but for some reason this scale will not connect to the new router.  Oh it was a nightmare connecting the scale to the first wifi as well, but I am over it.  !!!!! I have been trying for three days.  Shame on you fitbit for putting out such subpar material.  some one needs to tell me how to fit this setup or I want my money back.  My scale is saying that it has detected the networks but my network does not appear to connect to it.  I should have bought a Withings scale. uggh.

Moderator Edit: Title change for clarity

Best Answer
429 REPLIES 429
I have comcast for internet...

I have found Verizon prepay techs amazing and they resolve all problems brought to them....

I had "regular" Verizon account for years before going prepay - their customer service and sale people suck
Best Answer
0 Votes

from mobile device. Scale recognizes wifi but won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ntlake, from a mobile device, first review http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1171 

to verify your home network wifi password before starting the procedure so you know your iPhone is on the base wifi (and that the password doesn't have any "special characters" important it be only numbers and letters)

Now navigate with the safari browser on your phone to http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start 

and hit the pink button to get walked seamlessly through - be sure when the dialog asks if you are on the home network wifi you are, sometimes takes a moment to switch back from the Aria created one (you can be absolutely, positively for sure by tapping the grey "settings" icon and seeing what wifi ntwk name is listed next to "Wi-Fi"

Let us know how it goes...

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip!

Best Answer
I think Fitbit may have posted a change for doing this, since they just
sent me a new procedure. It's a bit late for me, since I've already
corrected the problem, but you might try looking at it. I have no idea
if it works, but it's worth a try. My feeling is that Fitbit should have
corrected this problem with a software update, but their MBAs have
probably told them it's too costly, or some such nonsense.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

"Seamlessly" lol...
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Mine just stopped working, straight after an app update which they say is unrelated but I bet they also released an update on my scales at the same time. I have not been able to connect to my router since, I have wasted hours and hours with no hope, its 3 months old and an expensive item that is no use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You might try starting all over @Capio78 since you've already tried everything else. Reset your modem and walk through the Aria setup like it is day 1, this way if you suspect it was an incomplete update you will be able to strike it from your list as a possibility before contacting customer service...

What I would do if everything halted all-of-a-sudden for me, WiFi routers can get confused too.

Let me know how it goes.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Best Answer

Also, Be aware that the scale does NOT support 5G networks.

Best Answer
Thanks. Done all that 50+ times, wasting hours and hours. Then just by
chance it worked for the first time yesterday evening despite doing nothing
different to what I'd done previously. Woke up and its not working again.
So frustrating. I have 10 + devices connected to my wifi without issue so
its no good fitbit blaming the routers, it is their setup causing this
issue.
Best Answer

Wow, busy household @Capio78, looks like your Aria found a quiet channel yesterday.  Don't forget (in theory) you have 11 channels available, neighbors could be stepping on a couple as well. I never would have thought to ask how many devices, thanks for sharing.

http://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

Didn't mean to give the impression I was blaming anything, just trying to save you hours+

Thought of a second router?

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

I have comcast - My problem was this:

The scale would "say" connect to xfinity wifi - I'd say yes. 

I was wrong - I had to wait until my "home" wifi name was showing and connect to it.

Of course I had to disconnect from xfinity (briefly hold bottom corners) before I could connect to my home wifi....

For whatever reason my "home" wifi disappeared during set up and I had to call comcast to "get it back"

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great detective work Kathie, some of those wifi setups can be tricky for sure, why always best to monitor the wifi (with a background settings screen) to see that the connected wifi is truly the "right" one before confirming the connect - computers usually go for the strongest signal when switching around rather than the one you actually may want. When you can confirm you are on the home network, that's the time to confirm you are in set up.  Great stick-to-it-tive-ness, well done!  Stick around and help other folks with their first time experiences, soooo glad you are here with us.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

That will be a dynamic ip address issue I imagine. Mine connected then d/c again then connected and d/c again without me touching it.

Feel like throwing it in the bin. I had been singing fitbits praises saying what a great product it is, blah blah but it has way too many problems and they'll never replace them. The initial charge 2 I bought was faulty I had weeks of boring emails back and forth until I got annoyed and demanded a replacement at the shop, even the shop advised fitbit don't like to replace they prefer to deal with things but I insisted. I suspect I will need to do the same with my aria.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The engineers at Fitbit should have come up with a software fix long
before this. They are destroying their own reputation!
Best Answer

I am on my 3rd Aria Scale, and the same thing happens. (was originally connected and then one day just stopped connecting to WIFI).

I go through the setup process then I get a WIFI ERR. Won't connect or sync to my network.

On an Xfinity ARRIS TG1682G Router.

Made sure my router is 802.11 b/g/n.

Made sure the wifi password and network name is correct.

Literally logged into my gateway to verify all of the information, tried setting up well over 20 times to set up the scale. Worked with fitbit support and still can't get the scale connected to the network (when it was in fact originally working on the exact same network with no changes to it previously).

Best Answer

@Jeffb0572 did you make sure just letters and numbers (no special characters) in that password?

(just thinking out loud)

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Best Answer

Yes, only letters and numbers are in the password. 

Again, it worked. Was set up. Worked fine. No issues. Then one day, just stopped synching and won't connect to wifi any longer. 

Makes no sense since it was working before.

no changes were made to the network or hardware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Their returns policy is a joke, they just stop responding to emails once they have exhausted their options and it is obvious it is a problem with the unit. 5 days without a reply now. Monday I'm taking it back to the store I brought it from and asking for a refund. I now have a situation where it sometimes syncs, it sometime doesn't, whenever it does it takes an age and say it doesn't on the scales but often actually does and half of the time my body fat never makes it past the sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will not see my home wifi after it tells me to go back to it after hooking up to the scales connection. No matter what I try. It won't let me enter it, yes I'm using the correct wifi and pw, and get an error every time. This should not be so **ahem** difficult. This is very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes