Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria can't see WiFi networks

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

During setup my new aria doesnot display any wifi networks despite being right next to the router.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Daughter can set up her aria either. She doesn't have a router since she lives in an apartment complex. Got this for her as a gift and she's very frustrated with this as she really wants to use it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  I have a  2.4GHz 802.11b wifi network and it doesn't see any of them.  Poor design.

So disappointed in fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not help at alllllllllll.  Same message: selected network not found 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here cant connect  what can i do,  cant return it as its a year old 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact me off community 🙂 I have an idea!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have same problem. I know why it doesn't connect.  My new router does not have 802.11b. It has n or a. Any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot locate my aria wifi with my iPhone .  I can't located aria wifi in my phone settings options . What can I do ? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and the solution does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes
We ended up returning the aria. The replacement had a firmware update and
worked first try
Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys, I made it works! First, I had same problem: No networks visible at all on iphone or macbook in safari / chrome but scale show me message that networks were discovered. I have tried resseting, changing browsers, disabling ad-block. But I have finally made it works with application I had to install on my laptop. https://www.fitbit.com/eu/setup I don't know why there is no easy way to find out this app, but I found it in Help -> Product Help -> Aria -> Setup. After I installed software - it works like charm!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My solution, replaced with a new one. The older one did not have a frequency of new wifi router. Fitbit was suggesting troubleshooting that does not work. I went back to the shop I bought it from and they replaced it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's such typical, unhelpful vendor crap! "Have you checked the useful steps I outlined above?" Cuz I didn't see any useful steps, just a bunch of generic "we're so sorry" BS.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was part of this thread maybe two years ago, when I tried (unsuccessfully) to get the Fitbit scales to play with my household wifi network, and I eventually and somewhat frustratingly returned it for a refund.

On the weekend I purchased a Withings (now Nokia) Body+ scales. Absolutely perfect, easy to set up, although I have to say that I have since gone completely to the Apple ecosphere, so not sure about Fitbit connectivity.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Keysan @Dlrowell @bin90a I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scales. I know how frustrating this is for you and I appreciate your feedback and comments since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like more of the same; "we're so sorry . . . , we care about our customers . . . , we're constantly trying to improve . . . ," but all the while, nothing happens: Aria scale can see ONLY 802.11b WiFi, a technology that's years out of date; Nowhere does Fitbit say "yeah, scale will not connect to 802.11g or 802.11n or other, newer WiFi routers AND NEVER WILL," and certainly will never admit that they've known that for years and were hoping we wouldn't notice.

So, if you've updated your router (and who hasn't?), you can either replace your Aria, or use it manual mode;

Thanks for making this clear, Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I took my Aria back to Harvey Norman and explained that NBN router no longer has the 802.11b. They exchanged it for me. I hope the shop or Fitbit does that for you. 

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dlrowell @Keysan Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

@despowley, if you do t mind, what did you have to do to reinstall FitBit setup software?

I’m experiencing the exact same issue. 

Thank you you in advance for your time. 

-Jason

Best Answer

Hi Jason, 

My issue was Aria didn't have the frequency that my new router had. So, it was impossible to connect any other way but asked to replace it with Aria 2. The store was good to replace it for me. 

So, if you think you have same issue, check your Aria Wifi and the router frequency. 802.11(b/n/g etc.) If you don't have same frequency, Aria cannot be connected.

Good luck.

Keysan

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to return the aria. There was a firmware problem from the factory.
Best Answer
0 Votes