Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My aria scale will not sync with app. It was syncing everyday with no issues and then I realized it wasn’t changing on the app about a week later. It says it’s connected to the network and displays everything, the line spins like its transmitting but the arrows? Aren’t turning and then at the the bottom of the display the WiFi lines come up with an x over them.  Nothing has changed. It’s been about 20 days since the last sync. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so I finally got around to contacting FitBit support, and after some trial and error, it's working again. 

First step:

Run the set-up function again.  Go to https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria and download the setup to your computer, or use the appropriate link if you're on a phone.  Run setup. 

If that fails, you may need to change the settings on your wireless router.  These are the instructions the support team sent me (we have Comcast Xfinity, your router's setup may vary):

-Open following link on the web browser: http://10.0.0.1
-Log into the router settings using the username and password as detailed on the website (The default username is "admin", and the password is "password").
-Confirm the customer is on the Gateway page.
-Click the option "Connection" listed on the left side of the screen and then click on the option "WiFi". This option is located below “Connection”.
-On the window, click on the option "2.4Ghz" and then click on "Edit".
-Down next to "Mode" and select "802.11 b/g/n" .
-If it's already selected please click on the arrow and select the 802.11g/n 
-Save changes
-Change it back to 802.11b/g/n and save changes once more. 

When you have done with this, please try to do the setup again using your computer and the next link attached: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria​ and for a picture guidance for the setup please click on the next link: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria?platform=win&step=2

Fyi, this is an old, existing issue.  See discussion here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Troubleshooting-tips-for-Comcast-routers/m-p/362246#M3414

We had to change the router settings to do our initial setup and it didn't occur to me to mess with it again, since the scale had been working.  I appreciate the support team's help with this, but it's kind of obnoxious that they never upgraded the wifi cards.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
59 REPLIES 59

Mine is doing the exact same thing.  Last time it logged my weight was several weeks ago even though it works normally and looks like it is working each time I weigh.  On the app, everything looks normal...full battery, connected to my wifi, etc...

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  Mine stopped syncing in Sept. 22.  Does anyone have any ideas in how to fix?

Best Answer

Same problem here.  It identifies my wifi network, and will show my weight and BFP, and correctly remembers/connects that to my initials (it does the same for my partner, who also uses the scale), but will not upload the data for either of us.  It will so the spinning arrow thing like it's trying to transmit, but it ends with a little "x" at the bottom of the screen.

I've tried removing the batteries and letting it restart, but the problem persists.

Best Answer

Any resolution? Having the same issue.

Best Answer

Ok, so I finally got around to contacting FitBit support, and after some trial and error, it's working again. 

First step:

Run the set-up function again.  Go to https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria and download the setup to your computer, or use the appropriate link if you're on a phone.  Run setup. 

If that fails, you may need to change the settings on your wireless router.  These are the instructions the support team sent me (we have Comcast Xfinity, your router's setup may vary):

-Open following link on the web browser: http://10.0.0.1
-Log into the router settings using the username and password as detailed on the website (The default username is "admin", and the password is "password").
-Confirm the customer is on the Gateway page.
-Click the option "Connection" listed on the left side of the screen and then click on the option "WiFi". This option is located below “Connection”.
-On the window, click on the option "2.4Ghz" and then click on "Edit".
-Down next to "Mode" and select "802.11 b/g/n" .
-If it's already selected please click on the arrow and select the 802.11g/n 
-Save changes
-Change it back to 802.11b/g/n and save changes once more. 

When you have done with this, please try to do the setup again using your computer and the next link attached: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria​ and for a picture guidance for the setup please click on the next link: https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria?platform=win&step=2

Fyi, this is an old, existing issue.  See discussion here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Aria/Troubleshooting-tips-for-Comcast-routers/m-p/362246#M3414

We had to change the router settings to do our initial setup and it didn't occur to me to mess with it again, since the scale had been working.  I appreciate the support team's help with this, but it's kind of obnoxious that they never upgraded the wifi cards.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this info! IT WORKED!!!

Best Answer

Will not but again. Mine would not sync for month, finally fit around to trouble shooting, scale still not recognized and in process glass face shattered.

Won’t be buying another FitBit😾

Aria scale stops synching and when you attempt to fix the glass face can easily shatter!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Fix how? It is highly unlikely the glass would shatter unless you hit it with something.

Best Answer

The fix still works, but I've had to do this reset three times since I posted this.

Super irritating.  Hopefully something they've fixed on newer version.

(not sure what you do to prevent things for breaking When you drop them).

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

@Funnypharm It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Since you mentioned that your Aria's glass seem to be shattered, I'll forward your case to our Support team and they'll be happy to follow up and assist you accordingly. You should receive an email from them soon.

@eagrierson I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is still unable to sync with your network as it should. Since you have a Comcast router, please check out Kate's post where she provides an update specifically for Comcast users.

@SunsetRunner Thank you for your help my friend!

I'll be around if any questions arise! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! We have had our Aria for about 1.5 years.  I have had to manually log in my weight to the fitbit app and MFP app because our aria has not been able to connect to the network for about 8 months.  Yes, my husband has gone through this setup process and changed our WIFI access information to accommodate the Aria five times and it continues to not want to sync.  If we wanted a digital scale we could have spent $25 as opposed to the $129 for a scale that continually doesn't respond.  Very disappointing.  

Best Answer

Have you tried doing a live chat with the support people? They were actually very helpful when i was trying to figure out our issues initially.  Can't hurt.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for the question.  Yes, during those five times of resetting everything he has done multiple live chats, changed wifi configurations, even redid the entire wifi network to aid the Aria.  Worked for a month then went out again.  We are very disappointed in this product.  

Thank you again!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. Rebooting my router seems to fix it, but then the same thing happens a couple of days later. I don't want to be constantly rebooting the router, how can I get it to keep syncing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dana4Songs Thank you for joining our Fitbit forums and it's great to see you here @Diglett! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scales are not connecting to your networks even though you have troubleshooted this issue before getting in touch the Community.

Please let me know what is the make and model of your routers. Also, let me know if you guys get any error message during the setup process. This info will help me to determine the cause of the issue.

@eagrierson Thank you so much for your help!

Catch you all later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me
I removed batteries, went through the whole setup process again, re-synced. That was 3 days ago and it has not re-synced since
Can't go through the whole setup process every time I use it

Best Answer

@ItsMikeE Thanks for joining us in this thread! Let me help you with the syncing issues that your Aria scale is experiencing. Please let me know if you are getting any error message when your Aria tries to sync your data. Another detail that will help me to provide proper assistance is the make and model of your router. Please let me knot this information and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

I look forward to your reply! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the advice on a similar thread
I set up a hotspot on my phone and connected my Aria to that
Now I just have to remember to take my phone with me when I weigh myself and so far it has worked every time

Best Answer

@ItsMikeE I'm glad to hear that your Aria scale has been working properly now. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes