Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria scale stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. Recently my Aria scales have stopped working. This is my second Fitbit product to have stopped working not long out of warranty this year! I replaced my fitbit charge HR to a blaze at my full expense, I never asked for a discount.
However, I have been emailing back and forth to see if some assistance can be provided to help me with a new set of scales. I understand my device is out of warranty but it doesn't seem unreasonable when spending hundreds of $s at a time that these products work for at least a few years, especially when there is no option to repair them! I have found many examples in online forums of not only discounts being provided but in some cases full replacements provided for free when devices out of warranty have stopped. I have now spent a lot of money replacing a product that I would not have done had I realised yet another would stop working so quickly too. Just waiting for the husband's Fitbit to complete the trifecta. Where is the customer service!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

@Sportspice It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! So sorry to hear that your Aria scale has stopped working. I really appreciate your feedback and comments in regards to the warranty policy and your feedback will be forwarded to our team.

Our team handles each case separately and review them accordingly. Please visit this page for more information about our warranty policies.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Not very helpful. 

Best Answer

Funny enough, I have the same problem. My Aria scale went dead as well after 2 years. Prior, giving out its last breath, it kept giving me messages to step off, then step on then displaying 'thinking'.... In short it was caught in a loop and it wouldn't completely turn off, eventually draining my batteries over and over again. Chatted with their online support, in the end they couldn't help. Just like you, I was thinking the same thing, my scale was passed it's 1 year warranty and I asked customer support if they can make an exception for an exchange as there was no way to send it back for repairs. Now I have an expensive, shiny paper weight on my tile floor.

Best Answer

That sucks! My scale is going through that same exact cycle right now.😔

Best Answer

Same situation here, except instead of continuing to "think" mine goes to ERR.
Extremely frustration when you're trying to better your health and spend a lot of money because you think you're getting a trusted product.

Best Answer

This morning my Aria abruptly died.  It does absolutely nothing and stays dark when I step on it.  New batteries; same thing.

It's really almost unbelievable that this would happen with a scale this expensive.  There are virtually no moving parts. It hasn't been mistreated in any way.  But it is suddenly a very expensive paper weight.

I don't see any response from anyone at Fitbit to the numerous people who have experienced this same problem.

I like Fitbit but this will be the 3d Fitbit product that I've used that just abruptly went on the fritz and had to be replaced.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem my scales have just died no warning nothing I replaced the batteries didn't make a difference. It's disappointing to spend so much money on something and it not last. Great for fitbit not great for me though

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Aria scale is still unresponsive, even though you have replaced the batteries. I would like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful to many users that have experienced the same issue.

Please take out the batteries and clean the contacts of the scale with a cotton swab and a little bit of alcohol in order to remove any dust that the contacts accumulate sometimes. After this, put the batteries back in and see if your scale gets back to life.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of this and finally had to throw my scale away. It hurts when you pay so much for a scale only to have to throw it away.

Regards, A

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse spelling errors
Best Answer

Yes I have already tried all of this and they still don't work

Looks like they are headed for land fill

Best Answer

@SunriseRun439 I'm sorry about the experience you had with your Aria scale and I'm also sorry that you decided to throw it away. I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

@SunsetRunner Thank you for getting back and trying all the recommended solutions. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate and provide a solution. You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still gives weight and fat %, but won’t connect wit dashboard! Now the app is not available to download!

When shopping recently, I saw the Aria 2 for sale! Can not justify purchasing another scale!

Also, I have had a Fit but, 2 Charge Fitbits, both stopped working, and now using the Versa! It does not track BP, which the sales person said it had that feature, so is a disappointment!

Mine still gives weight and fat %, but won’t connect wit dashboard! Now the app is not available to download!

When shopping recently, I saw the Aria 2 for sale! Can not justify purchasing another scale!

Also, I have had a Fit but, 2 Charge Fitbits, both stopped working, and now using the Versa! It does not track BP, which the sales person said it had that feature, so is a disappointment!

I am being told I can’t post this until I make corrections in highlighted areas! 

There are no such areas to be seen!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the reverse problem. I am logged into the network just fine but when I step on - NOTHING, just nothing. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria 2 scales have completely stopped working on me today. It was acting a bit confused, then would show nothing on the screen but update the app and now it’s just dead. Very disappointed. Changed the batteries, tried resetting and tried reinstalling but completely caput! Hopefully support comes back with some suggestions otherwise I’m afraid they were an expensive dud lasting 5 minutes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My scales have stopped working too.

I have tried "Live Chat" for help but keep getting a "Lost Connection " message and I have tried emailing but somehow cannot submit my message as I need to "choose a file" - no idea what that means.

I have had the scales for 2/3 years so I guess they are out of warranty but these are the second faulty scalesI have had. The first were replaced free of charge but nonetheless it seems that a working life of 3 years is about all I can expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problems others described. For a few weeks the scale never turned off. Would go in to a sensing loop when no one was in the room until the batteries died. Put in new batteries and it never turned on. Tried the cotton swab cleaning as suggested here and it’s working now. At least for day one. Hope it holds. My Aria was about 3 years old when this started. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Kenny. What is the cotton swab thing please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Take out batteries. With a q-tip rub the contact points of the batteries on the aria. You may also use some rubbing alcohol on the q-tip although I did not need to do that. Replace with fresh batteries and viola.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks very much. I will try it.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes