Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Aria Air has deleted my bodyfat stats

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi Fitbit Team,

I only got my Aria Air scales last week started using on Thursday so far so good.  I step on the scales they connect to bluetooth and I was able to see on my Fitbit app my weight in kg, bodyfat% and BMI all very useful.

I weighed myself this morning (bare foot, balanced floor) about 5 times this morning.  No bodyfat measurement would come through on my app.

I then go into my fitbit weight history only to see all my body fat percentage measurements have been DELETED.  Not good for a very expensive pair of scales.  That's 5 entries where the bodyfat % has been deleted.  Imagine if this had been a months worth (and yes I press Save every time).

I'd also like to add that the scales on the screen (of the actual scale) only show my my bodyweight.  Is had a digital thing on the screen where it says bodyfat% and BMI but have no idea how to see this on screen.  I press the button at the back but it only changes the weight measurements.  Instructions also useless.

Could I have some feedback on this please?  Battery is fully charged, I logged off and on again out my account etc... bluetooth connection definitely working.  Feeling quite let down and thinking of returning these if it doesn't get better and just manually recording my weight on my weightwatchers scales which don't break.

The reason I bought these was purely for the syncing with the device and if this doesn't work it's not worth it.

Anyone else with the same issue?

Many thanks,

Kira

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

What I don't understand is how you ever got body fat data - the Aria Air is a cut-down version of the Aria and Aria 2 and does not measure body fat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve,

Every time I went into the App, it showed me my body fat data.  And now suddenly it's just been deleted.

Also on the scale display you can see there is an option for body fat and BMI to be displayed on the scale.  If I had known this was the case I would have just stuck to my weightwatchers scales and manually entered it.

Best Answer

According to this help article https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2446.htm that option should only be available on the Aria 2. 

Are you sure you have the Aria Air?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I'm on the Aria Air.  So why did it display my bodyfat% stats in the first place then?  If it knows how to do it, I don't understand.

If I had known it wouldn't give me my bodyfat% I wouldn't have bought it.  What a rip off!  I also don't get why when you hold up the scale on the screen you can see BMI and bodyfat% on the scale but yet it won't display.  If I have to pay extra to have a digital upgrade then fine, but what a waste of money.  I will be letting the customer services team know.

Best Answer