Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity difficulties between Aria and Comcast/Xfinity routers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone! It has come to our attention that some users are experiencing issues with syncing/setting up Aria scales with Comcast/Xfinity routers and we are currently reviewing. 

There is a workaround that has helped most users. For this, follow the instructions below:

• Once logged in,  visit https://internet.xfinity.com/more
  • Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings"
  • Click on 2.4 frequency edit button.
  • Select g/n, hit save.
  • When the screen refreshes, click edit again, select b/g/n and hit save. 
  • Stand on scale
  • Continue with the regular setup process

Thank you all for your patience. Any update available, I'll make sure to share it in this thread.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
607 REPLIES 607

This trick worked once (though i was not a big fan of it because enabling 11b reduces beacon speed and impact overall wireless performances on 11g/n too)

Anyway, a few months later, this stopped working.

My aria scale is not syncing anymore, whatever setting I try, even after reset and re-setup.

What would be the next step for fixing this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have already done these steps!   

I have done them more than once!

Fitbit needs to issue a fix that is not part of the same litany of operations

Stop directing us to the same instructions!

If these instructions don’t work after many tries, many more will not change things.

Other than replacing the Aria, what new procedure is there to offer the users?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Yeah. I've done that too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! Mine worked for a day after following the instructions given, the next day it was back to not syncing

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a shame because this was a meaningful product with good software. I valued it while I was losing a lot of weight.  I’m not a fitness nut, marathon person, etc.  Just a fatty trying to keep 116 pounds off.

As I have mentioned, I have replaced my Aria with another Aria.  I have replaced my wifi access point.  I also bought another product, for less than $40, that works very well as a replacement.

My last successful weight logging was in the middle or later part of march.  I have heard others say this as well.

Enough people have had the same symptoms, it seems a cause should ne understood.  Why is that cause not known?  Or, is the Aria permanently unfixable?  When I spoke, at some length, to Fitbit support, they offered no incentive to but another Aria.  After 14-16 months of ownership, no customer loyalty discount.  There’s a lot that has been disappointing about this experience.  I liked the product.  Now, I honestly can’t decide if I should throw ot away instead of give it away.

Best Answer

My scale worked for a week and now it isn't transferring the information to the fitbit app.  An X over the wifi appears.  Consequently, I came here and discovered there's an issue with comcast/xfinity (I just switched to them May 30th). The aria is already connected to the new router, the data just isn't transferring any more.

When I click the link provided in your instructions "https://internet.xfinity.com/more" it tells me to upgrade. I can't find a place to "Edit wifi settings under "Additional Settings".  How do I get to those options?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you all for trying the workaround that was shared in my post. I totally understand how frustrating this is for you guys. However, I appreciate your time patience with this as our team reviews this issue. An update will be posted when there is a solution for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been through all of those steps multiple times. Spent too much time on phone with both Comcast and FitBit. The last call did the trick: I had to switch to 802.11 g/n and then flip BACK to 802.11 b/g/n (where I already was) in order for it to *finally* sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My advice is to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.  Maybe even a few times, in case it works.  But, don’t waste hours on it.  After a few earnest attempts, either it will or won’t work.  If it won’t, maybe look at something else.

I am glad it worked for you.  I did all of those added steps, and some more extreme measures,  No further connectivity since March.  It’s a shame.  If you want another scale, for another room, I’d be happy to give you mine.  I am in the SF Bay area.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha! No thanks! I’m just trying to ride this one out until I switch to a different brand altogether. 

Best Answer

Same here. Until the next day or week when it does it again. This last time messed up connectivity for our devices so I’m done. We will keep using it and manually entering our info but won’t buy the latest version. Well at least not while I am with Comcast🤷🏽‍:female_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spend the $30 and get a RENPHO scale from amazon. The detail it gives u is amazing and quick and easy to connect to other apps

Deb sent the message. iPhone sent the typos.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have seen postings for network providers other than Comcast who report the issue.  The common threads, I have seen are the following, but not absolute relations:

• scale worked for at least a year 

• last data logged in March

• could not restore network connection after doing previously working method

• often Comcast customer

• switched between/among 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 GHz)

• “err” message

• customer service suggests scale replacement

• scale function works, logging/network functionality doesn’t

These are just my observations from people I have seen post or sent emails to me directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh okay I had no idea it wasn’t just Comcast modems/networks. Thanks for telling me that
-Ana
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip! Just looked up the Renpho scale on Amazon and it comes highly rated and much more affordable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

JuanJo no offense but this fix you keep posting does not fix the problem. I for one have been waiting since last September for a fix.  I just ordered a different scale. It should not be taking Fitbit this long to solve the issue. 

Best Answer

Hello guys! I definitely understand your frustration with this and thank you all for your feedback and your patience with this. Our team is still reviewing this issue and any update available will be posted in this thread.

Than you all for your understanding with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually, never mind. That fix of switching back and forth lasted literally one day. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn’t working either for me. I feel like giving up and just getting another scale

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto. I hear Renpho on Amazon is good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes