Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit IOS App keeps asking to finish setup Aria2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit IOS app keeps asking to finish the setup for my Aria 2 every time I open the app. Even if I click Never it keeps popping up. My Aria 2 is already setup and working (sort of). All still seems a bit Beta to me. Isn't this product released to early?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All did not work. I had to remove the app from my IOS device and reinstall the app and setup the Aria2 from scratch. This did the job!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi, @Fit-o-nator, I haven't seen this hapoening, but it might be worth simply going through the set up process again, as the computer program seems to have got stuck somewhere before it is completed.

I would suggest removing the Aria 2 from your account and then going through the set up process again.  This will not delete any previous data already synced to your account, so no worries on that score.

You mention that the Aria 2 is working "sort of" so maybe a re-set up will solve any issues yu are having.

Let us know if this helps or you have any other problems.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Just kind of echoing what @Julia_G mentioned, I would remove the scale from my account and retry the setup process from a computer.  If you don't have the app on your computer, you will need to download it (free from your app store) and sign into your account.  Then repeat the setup process ("Account Settings" > "Add New Device" > "Aria 2" then follow the prompts).  Somehow, something must have gone awry in the initial setup, so it may be worth trying to set it up again.

I find the setup process goes a lot smoother when you set up new devices from the computer rather than a phone because you're connected directly to the Fitbit site, or if you have trouble in the setup process, you can always access the site for help much easier than you can on a phone.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Fit-o-nator Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! I totally agree with @Julia_G and @DramaQueenDiva. As they mentioned, please try the setup process again. You can watch the video with the setup instructions in this help article. As a follow up, please let us know how it goes since this issue should not happen.

See you all later! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

All did not work. I had to remove the app from my IOS device and reinstall the app and setup the Aria2 from scratch. This did the job!

Best Answer

@Fit-o-nator I'm so glad to hear that re-setting up your Aria 2 from scratch fixed the issue. Thanks for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often my friend! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

The latest version still exhibits the problem. The first time after installing the FitBit app the scale was not able to be found. All subsequent successful setups did not clear the problem. I uninstalled the app and all my setup was detected and the problem vanished.

I would bet some sort of file was created when the first setup failed and the successful setups failed to check for and delete this file.

Also: the UI in the latest version is often blocked; this tells me that some process is being done synchronously instead of asynchronously. Tell the developers to put promisify this process so the UI no longer blocks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cocranfill Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'd like to follow up and would like to know if you are still experiencing issues with your Aria scale.

I really understand how frustrating this was for you and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Best Answer
0 Votes