Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Aria displays a "Sensing Thinking ERR" message

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I chatted with Eileen from FB support last night.  Aria scale Out of warranty, she truly does empathize with my current predicament and the support she can offer.  But hey %25 off coupon... what more could I ask ,right?   

This is the second time I've endured this frustrating message.  If it really is as simple as replace the sensor bracket, I would be happy to crack open the Aria and replace one or all of them.  I like my other FB products, such as the HR.  I Frequent the challenges, they are neat, fun and keep me engaged.  OK, well, the HR band is currently held on with super glue. It's ok I made it work.  I  like the statistics.     Oh and I had to re-deploy an old DSL wireless modem/router to work with the B protocol as that's the only language the Aria speaks.  That took a bit of doing. I'm good with that. 

I'm not good with feeling abandoned.   We will see if this post gets any attention.   I am hoping so, but expect not.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
58 REPLIES 58

Looks like my scale lasted a lot longer than many of them... I won't waste my time looking for a solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good plan. There isn’t one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

What is the sensing bracket?  I have had the scales apart but didn’t see any thing that looked bad.  No broken wire. 
this is frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Each footpad has a springy plastic piece internally, check all four of those and probably some or all of them have broken.  They're cheap and poorly designed.  You can print out replacements on a 3D printer but, at least in my case, it didn't fix the problem, which I think is in the firmware.

Best Answer

I concur with the firmware theory. My hunch is that V39 has something to do with the issue. Will Fitbit confirm or deny? Did they brick our rather expensive scales and pushing customers to upgrade?... 🤔

Best Answer
I trashed it and bought a $30 scale. The only thing it doesn’t do is sync with the Fitbit app.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
Don’t waste your time trying to fix or get satisfaction from Fitbit. Many have tried to no avail. It is highly probably that it is a firmware issue. Throw it in the trash and buy a new one from another company that provides better customer support. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine years ago, stopped using it about a year and a half after I bought it. Just got it out and started it up and am getting the thinking err message. After reading all of these I’m officially done with Fitbit as well. This is the third item I’ve had from them stop working and reading their responses to everyone it is obvious they do not care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I’ve spent over 2 hours and lost patience with the scale. It was expensive and worked great for a while. Now it’s out of warranty and I’ll never buy another Fitbit scale due to their handling of this issue. It is not environment responsible to have 100s if not thousands of users trash their scales because Fitbit as a company does not support their products.

What scale did you purchase and still happy with it?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wasn’t able to get my Fitbit scale to work.  Bought a new Fitbit scale.  Their cheaper scale.  Works fine.  I wouldn’t let the non working scale stop me from using FitBit.  Have been with them since the beginning.  Great company.  Would’ve nice if they took care of the long time customers however.
Thank you FitBit.

I bought the aria air.  Not as technical as the one I had but works just as good.  The original had many options I never used.  The new one was $49.00 rather than $129.00 for the one I originally bought.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I bought the Weight Gurus scale. It does everything the Fitbit scale did and more. I’ve been very, very happy with it. Setup up was very simple and easy and it integrates with Fitbit app as well as the Apple Health app.  It integrates seamlessly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you.  Yes I have one of them as well.It is a good scale.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you people just a bunch of robots like in Stepford wives?

The guy is complaining about the inability to fix the ERR message on his scale, which I incidentally have the same issue, and all you can say is "I sympathize with your frustration"? Is that what they train you to say to customers when they have a technical issue?

Your call center people are the worst. But in today's environment sadly your company is not alone. Customer/Tech Support does not exist anymore. Nobody gives a crap after the sale.

Would you mind sharing the brand and model of Bluetooth scale you found that is compatible with FitBit platform?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hello JuanJoFitBit

i have the same issue. I wasn’t even offered a discount for an upgrade. I was willing to pay an out of warranty service fee but no, I’ve hit a dead end. I’m deeply disappointed. I’m a long-standing Fitbit customer (possibly over a decade if I recall correctly) and I’d think my loyalty would warrant better support. This makes it hard to continue supporting a brand that doesn’t support me in my fitness and wellness goals. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same message I've been getting.

Rian has just said Fitbit don't do discounts on a new purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s why I didn’t get another Aria.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I’m still going back and forth via email with a “supervisor” about a replacement or just fixing it. I even offered to pay a fee for service. I haven’t gotten a response now since last Saturday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I agree with you, see my post (top page today)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was originally told there is no fix. And that I would have to purchase a new one. I choose to buy a different brand.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes