Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Phone won't sync with Aria

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I upgraded my mobile yesterday (Iphone) and although it reconnected with my Charge 6, it refuses to play with Aria Air any more. I can still see the Aria Air listed in the devices connected to Fitbit page on my app but if I try to weigh myself, it says I need to ask another account holder to invite me. Yes, my husband does have an account with the scales but it was me that invited him when we first set it up. I don't want to reset it and lose all the data we've already collected. Surely there must be another way? If anyone can advise, that would be great. Thank you.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @PJme and welcome to the Community.  I don't have a magic answer for you.  I didn't have any problem with my Aria Air when I upgraded my iPhone.  Can you share a few more details, please?  Where do you see that message?  That message isn't mentioned anywhere is Fitbit's Help articles or the Aria Air manual.  Also, when you tap on the Aria Air tile on your list of Fitbit devices, are you on the People Using This Scale list?

Just so you know, synced data is synced to your Fitbit account.  Resetting the scale doesn't remove data synced to your Fitbit account.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't guarantee that a scale reset will fix the problem, and I don't know how much trouble a scale reset involves, but as long as you have done a sync, all your data, including weight has gone to the main fitbit data base so will be not lost with a scale reset.  Another way to be absolutely sure of that is to look at the data on fitbit.com.  That comes directly from the fitbit data base.  Anything there is in permanent storage by your fitbit ID/email, and would still be available even if you destroyed your phones and scales.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Laurie, thank you for replying. As soon as I step on the scales, I get the message "Set up Aria Air? Your weight can't sync to this Fitbit account. The scale has been rest, or it wasn't up properly. Set it up again?". There then following the option of setting up later or now. I pretty sure we set it up ok in the first place as the scales have been working and syncing fine right up to the point I upgraded my phone.

If I follow through the options on "now", it finds the scales ok but then I have to ask someone with an account to invite me. 

I am on the list of Scale users.

Thank you

Best Answer

Thank you for replying. I think I might have to do a reset but I guess that will mean my husband will also have to re-link to the scales.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new iPhone and I'm having this same issue. Were you able to resolve it?

Best Answer

Hi. Sadly not yet. We're away for a few days so I've parked the problem until we are back home.

Best Answer

I too am having this same problem. Was a solution ever found for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same Problem as Well. Still looking for a solution myself.

Best Answer
0 Votes