Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Aria Syncing Issues - 01/07/2021

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. 

We are aware that Aria users are encountering an issue when trying to sync. Our Team is investigating the situation and we hope to bring you all back on track very soon. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We will post more information here when we have an update.

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
224 REPLIES 224

@Nessylink 

This appears to be a different issue than the rest of this thread.  What I have found is that the original Aria version has to have a 802.11b wireless network available (very very old tech) and the network name must be simple (ie, just letters and numbers like you found).  BOTH of these have to be true for wifi to work.  I run a second old router just so my scale can connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Aria scale was working this morning, Friday, January 8.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Aria is bricked.

Running original model.

Simple SSID - six letters - no number - no special characters.

802.11b protocol (just like is used 4 (four) days ago.

Ran setup five (5) times today with the device saying it was "connected" successfully.

Rebooted cable modem and wireless router multiple times.

Attempted to contact support and after waiting for an hour for a "chat". I give up.

It's dead Jim. Thinking of going to Costco and buying a dumb scale and getting a

I have been a fitbit user since the Ultra was the device to have.

Please read my post above.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback about the syncing issues experienced with the Aria scale. Since this issue has been resolved, I will be closing this thread to further comments. For additional tips on how to get your scale syncing, please see this help article.

If you have any other question, I'd encourage you to open a new thread so you can receive help from the Community.

See you around.

Best Answer

Same here, my Aria scale quick syncing this week and I spent 2 hours with their tech support and should have looked here first. Had it for 13 years. They obviously just shut off the Wi-Fi connection with our devises without informing many of us. I have used other of their devices and will now go buy another scale and watch from someone else and never again buy a Fitbit device. Thank you all for your comments here and good luck with your new company. 

Best Answer