Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria Invite not doing anything?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My wife sent me an invite to become a user on our Aria, I recieved the invite and opened it both from mobile and my PC, it brings me to the dashboard but gives me no instructions on actually accepting the invite. I've searched all over the website trying to find it with no luck. Scale is still registering me as a Guest. Please Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A fix has been deployed! See my update here: Aria Scale Invites Not Working *Fixed 2/24*

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

Same issue at my house. New Aria, my account set up fine and my wife cant accept the invitation with out getting sent to the dashboard. Customer support did not know how to solve this issue. Hopefully this is a website error and will be fixed soon. 

Best Answer

I have this same issue. I accept using a computer and it goes to the dashboard and nothing happens. Very frustrating.

Same issue here. My husband is connected to the device. Sends me the invite via mobile and dashboard. I receive the invite, click on accept and brings the dashboard. I have clicked on accept both mobile and dashboard. Please help, very frustrating.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I have gone on the computer and clicked accept in my email and it only takes me to my dashboard as well. we bought this to help us get motivated as a couple, i am getting upset that it wont let us both use it. anyone found a solution yet?

Best Answer

We're having the same issue here. The invite just goes to my wife's dashboard page. Please help!!

Best Answer

Having the same problem here. Click accept and takes you to the dashboard but nothing happens. Hope they fix it soon or give some sort of directions. 

Best Answer

Bought the scale yesterday. Same problem here.  My husband sends me an invitation, but when I log in nothing happens.

Best Answer

Excited to get the new scale after the lack of support with a competitor.  Setup was fairly easy.  Wasn't smooth ended up pulling batteries twice.  I also sent a request to my wife.  She received the email but nothing happened.  Puzzled we tried sending again.  Seen we had sent 3 now wondering should I wait. She was angry as this didn't work either.  I contacted support on the Aria scale through chat. 

Started out helpful till lost connection.  Went through setting up another chat. Got another support staff. During the chat lost this one also and got a 3rd support staff.  Didn't have to go through setting a whole new support chat with this one it just switched with the same chat window.  

Thanking me for patience and giving as much help I could see might help the support finally came to the conclusion that it must be sent to a higher support team.  

A bit mesmerized after all this time I get this.  So curious how I'd be contacted it was to be by email.  Not to trusting now.  Actually angry as this is a brand new product.  I woke pondering this morning why or what I could have did wrong.  Came to this forum.  Wow I see this isn't isolated as I now get ERR.  

So useless to us both.  Even more irking is haven't got an acknowledgement from Fitbit that they are working on my issue.  Sort of left hanging.  It would of been nice to give me a sense that they were doing something.  Email, contact me somehow or a call back number.  Just to say they'll get back to me.  Then to come hear and read all this even more disappointment.  

F.A.S.T - Face, Arms, Speech, Time
Best Answer

Same. My husband invited me and it goes straight to my dashboard when I accept. I've tried deleting the fitbit app on my mobile, he's logged out after sending invite, tried on PC and ipad but nothing has worked. Fed up and going to bed...

Best Answer

Just as my husband said, called customer service yesterday and was on the phone for 40 minutes. Their response was literally "so it looks like this won't let you add it to your dashboard." Well, obviously. He said I would hear from them via email in a few hours and I never heard anything back. I'm a bit frustrated as we tried to get jt to work for over  2 hrs last night. Very frustrating considering you pay so much for a scale that's a supposed to be high tech but a simple browser invite doesn't work.

This is the exact experience I had last night. It sounds like they have no clue why it's not working.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@Toniberr wrote:

This is the exact experience I had last night. It sounds like they have no clue why it's not working.

And why would they...? Looking through these forums they've only had around three years to work it out. Absolute piss take. Get a grip Fitbit.

Best Answer

Just having the same problem. Even though we click on accept invitation either on iOS devices, MacOs or even Windows devices, the invitation is never registered as accepted. Solution please ?

Best Answer

Hi

I've sent an invite to my wife, that appears in her e-mail, from her windows 10 laptop she accepts the invite. All that seems to do is log her in to fitbit.com. 

In my gear icon I can see that the invite has been sent, I can also click the send invite again.

When she stands on the scales it shows as guest. When the weight appears in my fitbit profile I can assign it to my initials but not my wifes as they do not appear in the drop down.

Something is wrong, can anyone help?

Thanks

Best Answer

Same problem now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem, have sent resent invite 20 some times and it does not show up on my girlfriends dashboard, when she weighs it shows up as guest without the option to change or update...

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have done this on a computer and on my phone and it just takes me to my dash bored. what should i do 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is also happening to me, I get the invitation and after accepting it it just takes me to the dashboard and nothing else happens.

There might be a problem currently in their online services as we are a lot of people having the same problem within the last hours. Hopefully they will solve soon!

Best Answer

Hey everyone, you can see updates for this issue here: Aria Scale Invites Not Working

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer

Judging by other responses, this seems to be a recurring problem, with little to no help from support. Tell me why we paid $170 for something that doesn't work?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Found the solution. Uninstalled Fitbit app from my phone. Sent the invite, accepted invite and logged in on browser. Was able to set up scale, reinstalled app. There must be a conflict in the coding or something.

Best Answer
0 Votes