Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't connect to my WiFi network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely frustrated. It has now been a week since my Aria arrived. And every night I have tried to connect it. And every night it has "No Sync"ed.

This is a very common problem, however, none of the solutions provided on other posts have worked.

• run setup on iPhone - get to "Linking to " then "No Sync"
  • updated wifi name and password to be alphanumeric
  • tried removing security
  • there is no MAC filtering
  • the router is configured 802.11b signals, and be set to DHCP

Also, tried to run setup on my laptop but the Connect app doesn't recognize that I'm on the internet.

Customer Service as been no help. Online chat didn't provide any information except to try to do it the setup "fast." then had me call the Help Line. I've called Customer Service twice now and both times they never picked up. On hold for 52 minutes the first time and 1:20 the second time. No advocate ever became available.

Like I said, I'm frustrated. At this point, the scale will be returned.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64
Yup! And I'm pretty sure Fitbit knows their product is terrible so if you contact support they just send you in circles instead of admiting that they screwed up on this scale. I'm so over it. Everything about this process has been horrible.
Best Answer

I updated my router and it connected - but when I placed it in my bathroom it shows Guest now instead of the initals - brought it back downstairs right by the new router and STILL get guest. Thankfully i did not pay full price for it as it was really cheap with a weightwatchers offer. So now its just a really neat scale and I don't get all the features of it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

checked my router settings. I have to routers and set them both up. used my phone and my computer to try and set this thing up. All attempts end the same. It connects to network. trys to link to fitbit then "No Sync". Every time. I have looked at the videos, forums, etc... everything directs me to the setup vid, which is super annoying to watch a video over and over of someone doing exactly what you are but it works for them. I wait in line for customer support via phone or chat room and when it is my turn I get disconnected. Seriously having doubts about fitbit right now. Which is a shame since I like their watches. Need help

Best Answer

Purchased the ARIA scale about a year ago.  Set it up and everything was fine.  Then came a move, new NETGEAR wifi and a new Windows 10 computer. Today pulled out the scale because I really wanted to start using it again. Noticed on my computer screen that the device batteries were low. Replced them. Now it shows batteries full but I cannot reset it or sync it.  I tried the set-up video...take a battery out, put it back in should see set-up on the scale.  I see nothing, not even an error message.  Guess I'll go back to using my old digital scale and just log in my result.  Sure wish I had read the "horrible" reviews before purchasing.   Oh well, it worked for a year!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are fortunate to be able to return it. For me I can't; well it would be too expensive. As I brought it in the USA had it couried to me in Jamaica which is quite expensive. It cost me too much to courier it back to the USA at this time. Overall experience is quite disappointed. I liked by Fitbit Charge 2 so much that I brought it this expensive "dead weight".

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. I also got a scale. I have had mine for over a year. It has been nothing but nightmares. I got it because I was euphoric with another product they had and thought the scale would be the same.

I have been frustrated with this situation.

I wrote customer service ten letters, each time they told me something different. The only thing that was consistent was NOT to return it but to keep trying to connect to the WiFi. I kept trying. Now I am out of money and have a scale that does not work.

Please, don't make the same mistake I did. If it does not work - return it ASAP.

Good luck!

LadyMarcy

Hi,

I am not sure if you and I are talking about the same customer service. I one I spoke with on many occasions had no idea how to fix the scale. If you do not mind, could you got down there or to that area and give them a demonstration of what you are trying to tell us. Maybe other people will not be like me and stuck with a product that they cannot return. Just a thought.

Thanks.

LadyMarcy

p.s. It might help customer service. For you seem to be doing a fabulous job (that is the honest truth).

Same with me. Never had an issue before. The scale does not recognize my WiFi. Oh well.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer

Thanks to all of you for posting your experiences with the Aria scale.  I FINALLY got it set up but now it just randomly decides not to sync.  I have to take it into the garage (to be within 10 feet of the router), do the whole "remove the batteries" shenanigans and then it's fine for a day or two.  I was going to keep troubleshooting but I think I'll take the advice and take it back to Target to get my money back.  Scales are aggravating enough, right?

Best Answer

My Aria worked perfectly from November 2015 until December 6 of 2016. After that, No Sync. I have been "re-configuring" it all day long, and it still will not sync. No changes to network, distance from router (6' line of sight no walls in between) and nothing. At this point would rather turn it into an expensive frisbee and see if I can skip it across the lake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my solution after some 2 dozen exchanges with customer service and some 20 hours of very frustrating try and EROOR (and I´m being really good in WLAN, IT and all that), I gave up and bought a Withings Body. Works without any probs and that´s it.

I gave my Aria to a neighbour who wanted to try for herself (and would be happy even without the connection since she´s not that deep into fitbit and tracking), so everyone is happy.

My recommendation to ALL the world: don´t waste your time on Aria. Withings (and maybe a lot aothers) are at least as good when it comes to measuring weight, body fat etc. (and gives you even  weather forecast :-)), it connects to my fitbit app and all is fine. 

One last thing reg the service orientation of the fitbit people: this topic is listing quite a bunch of very unhappy people which can´t get the Aria to work (or have to move it to the garage every other day to reconnect etc.). But still no answer from the tech crew, still the topic is listed as "solved".

If you are invested in fitbit, maybe you want to think that over again...

Best Answer

Final attempts last night included:

reboot router

attempt setup standing less than 6 inches away from router

no sync ....

Will replace batteries and attempt once more. After that, to the frisbee farm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there!  Okay, here's what you should do.  Call them and they will walk you through what to do to fix it.  They were SO VERY helpful and it was quick and easy.  They were super fantastic to talk to.  I tried so many times myself to fix it myself but when I called, they helped and it was an easy fix.  I hope this helps!  Have a wonderful day!  Kerri

Best Answer

Dear Runneresse of the Recovery,

Thanks for your suggestion!

I Have done that several times, that´s just not solving the problem. They actually were knowing all the necessary steps to connect, but they can´t solve the problem that in some cases (I think it´s most often when you have IPv6 environment) the Aria refuses to connect; 

In my case: the Aria found pretty well the network (I tried with different routers, a lot different setups of the WLAN), no problem with identifying and then setting up the parameters, but in the last step (when turning your mobile back to the WLAN and actually using the scale) she answered all the time with "no connection"

so it´s NOT the prob of a defect within the Aria (sometimes the receivers don´t work), it´s not an empty (or not so full) battery, it´s not a wrong password etc., it´s just an error in the communication protocol between the Aria and the router;

it took me some sessions to convince Customer support to accept that all the "normal" user errors have been excluded in my case and they promised to forward the issus to the tech team, but either they never answered or they didn´t find the prob, anyhow it´s still an unsolved problem (well, not for me, as I gave the Aria away :-))

but again; thanks for the suggestion!

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue, so I deleted my scale from my profile and now when I try to setup either on my smartphone or computer I can't get anything after I switch from aria network to my home network but a message on the scale that reads " wifi err". I just received this site ale for christmas and I want it to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do understand your frustration!

But if you follow the answers: there seem to be cases (and my own was one of those) where it totally doesn´t work. So I´d advise you not to waste more time but get rid of the Aria (give it to a friend to lessen your anger). 

My guess would be, that you (as I myself) won´t be able to make it work, but if I´m wrong: PLEASE add a line, what you did to make it work.

Sorry for the bad prognosis and I really would hope to be proven wrong!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly,  genau!

It is NOT Working (No Sync)

I want to return it and get my money.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Give it to an enemy - not a friend! 

Best Answer

🙂

well, as much as I do understand and share your frustration: quite a lot of the Arias and Router are working fine together, so the vast majority of your friends will have not your (or my) problems with the scale. I gave my to a friend, making her very happy and ridding myself of the annoyance.

but sure: if you give it away, I´d add a line "if it´s not connecting easily, don´t waste time but forward it to the next friend"

Best Answer

I called Xfinity and they told me their router is in Bridged mode.  Can't change to mixed mode.  Is there another work around?  Or do I need to sell the scale?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have Xfinity?  Because their routers are set to bridged mode.  And it needs to be mixed mode.  I don't think they are compatible.  Unless you figure out how to change it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
After an Update now it works correctly
Best Answer