Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria won't connect to my WiFi network

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am extremely frustrated. It has now been a week since my Aria arrived. And every night I have tried to connect it. And every night it has "No Sync"ed.

This is a very common problem, however, none of the solutions provided on other posts have worked.

• run setup on iPhone - get to "Linking to " then "No Sync"
  • updated wifi name and password to be alphanumeric
  • tried removing security
  • there is no MAC filtering
  • the router is configured 802.11b signals, and be set to DHCP

Also, tried to run setup on my laptop but the Connect app doesn't recognize that I'm on the internet.

Customer Service as been no help. Online chat didn't provide any information except to try to do it the setup "fast." then had me call the Help Line. I've called Customer Service twice now and both times they never picked up. On hold for 52 minutes the first time and 1:20 the second time. No advocate ever became available.

Like I said, I'm frustrated. At this point, the scale will be returned.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
64 REPLIES 64

Just tried it again.  still won't connect.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is allready Connected.and I Use it !

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
Best Answer
0 Votes

lucky you!

just for the rest of us: how did you "update" it?

Best Answer

What is the update? Can you please tell me where you got the update? I have no idea what you are talking about. Would love to be able to use mine. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

After switching to the Ariaxxxx network it would never connect.  Clearing the browser cache was the magic bullet for this issue, for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearing the browser cache got me as far as "pick the network and enter the password", but after that the scale says "WiFi error".   

Still no total success!

Best Answer
0 Votes

They will not sync if you have an Xfinity router. Fitbit needs to update their product to make it compatible with ANY router. I just sold my scale at a loss. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a newer xfinity router and my scale works fine. As I mentioned in a
previous post, I called the Fitbit customer service department and they
walked me through what to do and it's worked perfectly since then. I think
if you call them, you will be good to go. They were so friendly and
helpful too! Hang in there! You all can get this to work! Kerri 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have a newer router. Fitbit told me the router has to be in "mixed mode" but Xfinity told me theirs are "bridged mode" and they can't be changed. So...  my problem is solved cuz the scale is sold 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with your solution. I did the same thing. I now have a Withings....much better

Yes....another questionable Fitbit Product. Someday, my "jiggling" of the Surge charger cable will no longer work. When that occurs...bye bye Fitbit.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

This is my story. I have a Fitbit Aria, and I could get connected, always ERR message or NO SYNC message. I contacted Customer Support, and they finnaly told me: We are SORRY, but we are not going to replace your scale. No matters if the scale is broke, no matters if it is under warranty, you didn't have a proof of purchase from us. Sorry, buy another scale somewhere else who produce quality products and take care of the customers. I HATE FITBIT.

Best Answer

Just bought the Aria. Have been following setup steps and still getting "No Sync" error. Tried setting up using my phone, my Ipad and my laptop. Very unimpressed 😞

Best Answer

After a bazillion tries this finally worked with my ipone to connect to the Aria network then switching to home network.  I couldn't get it to work with the computer even after clearing cookies and cache.  Thank goodness for the ipone.  Only took 4 hours Robot Happy

Best Answer

We updated our router to Quantum with Fios 1g service and the Aria scale would not update the wifi information. Thankfully to TarinFitbit who replied to another Aria scale user that all we needed to do was use our mobile device instead of our Home computer. The update was accepted. Thank You so much. I can finally use my Aria scale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem for several months since changing my router and wifi password... only took me until now to realize that I couldn't have an '!' in my wifi password, but still have the problem... am going to try to clear my browser cache on my phone, and try again... but bottom line... this should WORK with special character wifi passwords (like all my other devices in my house) and shouldn't require a browser refresh... FIX YOUR PROBLEMS or people will buy your competitor products!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I watched the video. I tried activating from my Samsung, iPhone, and laptop. I get all the way through the process each time and get an error message on the scale. Very frustrated after spending so much money. What do I do?

Best Answer

Tried many times to set up Aria, including tips here and elsewhere on the internet. It can never find my network, though every other device I have has no problem. This Aria is worthless.

Best Answer
I’m done with Fitbit. I’m done trying to set up aria. My (replacement)Fitbit surge wristband is falling apart. Unfortunately it took me spending $100s on Fitbit before realizing their stuff is crap! There is better stuff out there.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I'm finding it frustrating too. I have a FitBit Charge2 which is fine. syncs to my mobile perfectly. But i decided to go a step further and add the Aria Scale.... I can get it into 'setup active' mode, but cannot seem to connect my mobile to it. I've followed all the instructions to find the scales on my mobile's bluetooth. It shows it is there, but then gives me some stuff about needing to upgrade my router.... like the previous person who had the same problem, I am not willing to mess with my internet connection. I'm still a bit confused about why it thinks my iPhone setup needs upgrading, becuase it doesn't. And if it is talking about my home network, well that is fine too. The problem seems to be that the iPhone regards the Aria Scales as an insecure network and won't connect me. I get that, but surely the scales are not a network, they are a bluetooth device, no more, no less??  I can still use them as scales, true, but what an expensive way to weigh myself, could have got one in town for a fraction of the price. Not impressed at all. 

Is there anyone who HAS managed to connect their scales? I wish they'd come on here and help out if so... 🙂 

Best Answer

The Aria is worthless than the cardboard box you got it in. And for years Fitbit has neglected it.

The Mac App hasn't been updated in 3 years, and the web instructions are theoretically feasible and ONCE in 3 years of owning this scale (my first two were DOA) have I gotten it online.

I have tried a dedicated router with only 802.11b:
No Encryption, WEP (password and HEX keys), WPA Personal (AES, TKIP+AES, TKIP), WPA2 Personal (AES)

This device just does not work.

I do high performance scientific computing, and I cannot make this work.

It successfully pulls a DHCP lease from my router:

GainSpanc77e20192.168.0.16520:F8:5E:C7:7E:20

That's the name of the chipset, the IP, and the Mac address, but fails to sync to Fitbit.

I'm on my third scale as I said, and so frustrated with Fitbit. I hear the Withings products do not suffer from this terrible neglect.

But if I can't do it from a phone-web, computer-web, computer-app, and I can see it on my network sending traffic and it STILLLLLLL says "no sync" you best bet is to try to pawn off this faulty and neglected device on Craigslist.

Best Answer