Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria doesn't turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria runs almost all the time and won't turn off.   It switches between different messages such as "please step on" to "sensing" and others when no one is in the room.  It does occasionally stop but not for long.  It eventually wears its batteries down doing this within a few days.

I've tried cleaning off the deck and obviously changing batteries but I'm at the point of just throwing the thing out.  

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Hi all, mine was doing exactly the same thing. I was also thinking of throwing it out. However, I found a solution. Lay it on a soft surface for a while I.e. Your bed or a pile of clothes. It switches off. I found this method by accident while cleaning my room. Hope it helps 😀

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I would contact Fitbit support.

Best Answer

Same thing is happening to me ,since like 3 months ago, I recently sent fitbit an email. Any luck on your side ?

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing! Just scrolls through saying "thinking" or "scanning" or "step on" or "step off" and won't shut off!!!! I shouldn't have to take the batteries out on a daily basis... help!

Best Answer

Yeah  same here ..It started doing this about 3-4 months ago and got worse over time.

We were replacing batteries every week near the end.

Fix was to contact Cusomer  sevice .. After two email back and forth ..try this etc.

They said it broken ..would you like a new one?

Send them a copy of of our amazon  bill and a week later the new one arrived .

NOW this is the important part :

IT was out of waranty by at least 4 months at this point !

It seems Fitbit is extending the warrany  as so many people are having issues with this $$$$ toy.

Good luck !

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @machule @knightmare7320 @disco3616 and @nalrodriguez. I just wanted to follow up on the issue you are all experiencing with the Aria scale. Are you still having this issue? Were you able to contact customer support like @Michael suggested?

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer

I did, yes.  Nothing was really done, but after months of it happening continuously, it suddenly stopped.  So for the moment it is all good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The replacement unit is working fine !

Yey  !!!!!

Given that the unit was out of warrnaty  by  3-4 months , Fitbit stepping up  and making it right  was/ is very much appreciated .

Best Answer

I'm very happy to hear the great news @knightmare7320 and @machuleRobot Very Happy Keep up the good work then.

If you have any other questions or comments, please contact me back.

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue since two months ago 😞 I just took off the battery and pretty much not using it at all but I really need it back!... Just that I didn't have enough time to look up on Internet to check if I could find any solution, and here there is!... I thought I was alone with this problem!
Best Answer

Thank you for joining the Fitbit Community @Bgamarra. If you are still experiencing the same issue and have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps, please contact customer support at 

http://contact.fitbit.com or by calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I'm sure they will be able to help you out. Robot Happy

Any other questions, feel free to contact me back.

Best Answer

Melissa

I am having the same problems as those listed on the thread. My Aria is two years old last month (June). I replaced the batteries and still not working. Now about three weeks later my battery is almost done. You said to do the troubleshooting advice but i didn't see any specific to that problem. I also do not have my receipt from purchasing it since it is two years old now. I love my Aria and wish it were working like it used to. Now it pretty much just runs all day and night only going off for short periods. very frustrating.

any advice would be most welcome.

Nancy

Best Answer
I am having the same problem. New batteries are empty within 2 days. Please advise how to fix or exchange. Thanks janice
Best Answer

Welcome aboard @Tannedhaggis @divernan. The best recommendation I can provide is to contact customer support at http://contact.fitbit.com or by calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri and 6am-5pm PST on weekends. I believe that you have tried the suggested troubleshooting steps, so I'm sure they will take good care of you. Robot wink

Feel free to contact me back if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
Hi all, mine was doing exactly the same thing. I was also thinking of throwing it out. However, I found a solution. Lay it on a soft surface for a while I.e. Your bed or a pile of clothes. It switches off. I found this method by accident while cleaning my room. Hope it helps 😀
Best Answer

Hello @Aishaalsuleiman, thank you for sharing this interesting tip. Hopefully this helps other users having this issue.

If you have any other great recommendations, feel free to post them. Robot HappyThank you for joining the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer
Thx for responding Melissa. I am going to try the advice to lay on a soft surface, after I put in new batteries, and see how that works. If it doesn't help I will do as you suggest and call customer service. My fingers are crossed. I will update afterwards.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your reply @divernan, hopefully this will help you out.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer
Thanks for the tip, I just did it and it works! Weird but yay!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gata213 It's great to hear that your Aria scale is working properly now. Thanks for keeping the update posted here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our "Discussions" board, where you can create new topics, meet people and share your experiences.

Hope to see you in the Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes