Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aria doesn't turn off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Aria runs almost all the time and won't turn off.   It switches between different messages such as "please step on" to "sensing" and others when no one is in the room.  It does occasionally stop but not for long.  It eventually wears its batteries down doing this within a few days.

I've tried cleaning off the deck and obviously changing batteries but I'm at the point of just throwing the thing out.  

Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I am having this exact issue. My Aria worked fine for ages but now it's going to be going through batteries so fast it won't be worth it. I see no real solutions in the comments. I can remove the batteries after each weigh in (ugh!) or I can transfer it to a soft surface for storage (more ugh!). I contacted customer service through a direct message and received silence in response. All things Fitbit have gone downhill since they were bought out. I might just finally be ready to move on to a different brand entirely.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found a solution that worked for me.   I turned the fitbit upside down onto my bed and hit it a few times with my fist.  LOL, I'm not joking... it was useless the way it was and thought, WHY NOT?   It cured it.  It did it the other day for the first time in a couple years, did it again and its fine now. Try it, what do you have to lose? 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. The solution is to take it off of the flat level surface for a while. I lean mine against the wall when it does this and it works every time.

Best Answer

As a number of us have mentioned, it sometimes works to stand it on its side ( this works for me ) or store it upside down when not using it. One person mentioned storing it on blankets or something soft .

The issue is the transducer ( strain gauge? ) has developed a  set or an offset  such that is on the edge of being ON.  The Aria has no ON switch  so there is circuit to sense if someone has stepped on .   This part is confused.

So by   turning  unit upside down or on the side the sense circuit is below the  ON threshold.

Note  this is just a guess !!

But works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes