Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seniors

Hi,  I am 65 years old.  I am looking for friends that are retired and just starting out.  I just got my FitBit for Christmas, as so far loving it.  I would love to have some friends in my age group and fitness level to work with and help to keep me motivated.  

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132

Raejean--I will be 80 in October.  We need to show the "young ones" we can still do what we like.  They look up to us so we need to set a good example.  We don't know what we can really do until we try.  Trying over and over takes months but the rewards are great.  No excuses--it was 104 degrees (central Texas) this week.  We just have to get up earlier.  We can do a good workout and be home by 8:00.  There is nothing wrong with being tired and taking a good nap in the afternoon.  Take care of yourself.

Best Answer
It's exciting to get the reply do you find your friends except what you do or criticize what you do. I will do it no matter what my friends think but it would be nice if I didn't get criticized for it

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks that's what my kids keep saying

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Raejean--Probably only 10% our age excercise.  We are ahead of the pack and intend to stay that a way. 

Family and friends think I should quit but I will not.  The high point of my day is getting out early and doing 8 miles twice a week.  I worry about my knees so I walk on the other days.

Stay positive and put yourself #1.   You will be able to see the results

Best Answer
Your right before 8!! Take care

Sent from
my iPhone ~GAIL~yes
Best Answer
0 Votes
Can’t please everybody. Please yourself!!

Sent from
my iPhone ~GAIL~yes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Gail--You are right in that you can't please everyone.  Put yourself #1 and life will work out better.  I do try and be nice to others but I also try to do what is best for me.  My wife of many years knows I need "my time" and that is getting out the door early in the morning.

Have a good summer.

Cliff

Best Answer
0 Votes
My friends don’t give advice but do encourage me. I have a few friends on fitbit. My family pushes me to do more. I’m a bit of a slacker. I get tired easily as I always have a balance issue

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like your on the right track. I don’t run but I walk. A new preserve has a rubber coating to walk on. Great!! Better for the knees and feet. There are bridges and even a hill. This is Florida. It’s called robinsons preserve bradenton Florida look it up. No shade but we go when it opens now 6:30. Hot weather.

Sent from
my iPhone ~GAIL~yes
Best Answer

Thanks Gail, the walking park sounds perfect. I will look it up! Stay cool and have fun 🚶‍:female_sign:🚶‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

Gail 1--Rubber service is great.  Concrete is the worse.  I never go on the sidewalks.  I do the streets.  You might try a golf course at dawn.  Go on the back 9 where only the workers are.  This is the best surface.  Be polite though-stay off the greens.  Kinda makes you feel rich.  They maintain it and you enjoy it.  Have a good summer.

Best Answer

I would definitely recommend it to my grandpa! He would love it. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am 67 and breast surgery last year. Motivation is my ussue too as none of my friends are  interested. I cycle, swim and walk as much as I can but get bored easily. Started kine dancing and loving it. Great new friends too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started with the obligatiry 10k but was disappointed when I didnt meet my target so I changed my target to 8k and I generally achieve that. If I dont, I hula hoop till the buzzer goes in my wrist. 

Best Answer
Keep up what your doing. Exercise is good for you. I am trying a new class freedom barre. Different but suppose to be good over all. Third time will be Wednesday. Still trying to decide if I like it. 😊take care.
Sent from
my iPhone ~GAIL~yes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Being you swim, dance and cycle, you are better than most your age.  Keep it up.  It is good for you.  Being outdoors with the quietness and beauty is good for the body and the mind.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Freedom barre???

Best wishes
Nell Laing

Best Answer
0 Votes

How and what are you doin?

Best wishes
Nell Laing

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will be be 80 in October.  I have 2 1/2 marathons lines up in October (13th & 28th).  Looking forward to the challenge.  Hope your day goes well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck. Impressed

Best wishes
Nell Laing

Best Answer
0 Votes