Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seniors

Hi,  I am 65 years old.  I am looking for friends that are retired and just starting out.  I just got my FitBit for Christmas, as so far loving it.  I would love to have some friends in my age group and fitness level to work with and help to keep me motivated.  

Best Answer
132 REPLIES 132
I actually got the Fitbit Flex 2 - the rubber band bothers my wrist after a
few days so I got a clip, a loose leather bracelet where it snaps into a
cage device and am going to order the pendant as well. When at home I have
threaded it through my shoelace, clamped the fastener tightly and it is
picking up all my steps and activity minutes. I found if I was on my
treadmill and hung on while walking it recorded steps but not activity
minutes. I am 67 and turning 68 end of July. Going to Disney next month
where there is mega walking so want to be ready
Best Answer
0 Votes

I miss the connection with friends on fitbit now that mine will not charge.  I have been using a pedometer that just counts steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I talk about a charger, I do not mea the cradle the Fitbit sits in. I mean the plug that the cradle connects to, & goes into the power strip.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Fitbit Versa. I can go without charging it but every 3 days.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
who is willowe ? Its not me as you can see by my email its lynettecello.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello cutecharming, happy stepping!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thats  great ,How are you doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am doing fine. I just had surgery 10 days ago, & I am doing my 10,000 steps so I am pleased. I feel that because because I walk everyday, is the reason is why I recover so quickly. When I had back surgery, I was back to work in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll be 71 this year, and I have a love-hate relationship with Fitbit. It either tells me that I'm doing great, or it tells me I'm a bum. Smiley Wink Bottom line is that it will provide motivation if you don't get overly infatuated with daily results. If you need a break from it, take it. I have used Fitbit off and on for 4-5 years. Bottom line is that, like anything else, it can overwhelm you if you let it. It definitely will help, but enjoy life at the same time.
@staze1016 wrote:

Hi,  I am 65 years old.  I am looking for friends that are retired and just starting out.  I just got my FitBit for Christmas, as so far loving it.  I would love to have some friends in my age group and fitness level to work with and help to keep me motivated.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will be 66 tomorrow.  I am a first-year Masters in Public Health student.  Got this FitBit for my birthday!  Pretty much all my fellow students (who are mostly in their 20s and all my profs (who are not!) have one of these

Best Answer
0 Votes
I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a Senior Senior.. turned 80 a couple of months ago and now in my 9th year with Fitbit.. Slowed down a bit but starting to build up again..

I have always enjoyed my Fitbits and my 50 yr young GP keeps telling me that many of his patients keep getting check-ups to allay their worries.. All with smart watches.. My next visit I will ask him if it has arrested any issues.. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned 81 last year and live by my Fitbit.  I average 11,000 steps a day and go to the gym 3 times a week.  

Best Answer
0 Votes