Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since it first came out.  Recently, I have noticed that the battery life really has decreased.  Was there an update that started making this an issue?  I charged it yesterday morning and when I went to the gym around noon EST, it was flashing red.  I have had it on the charger for about 2 hours and finally fully charged.  Any insight would be helpful.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

The only troubleshoot that works is getting a new one, folks. If you’re out of warranty, you’ll have to settle for the lousy 25% discount code.

Best Answer

Same issue here. Battery lasts about 24 hours.  Started this week having an issue. Charged all night, 24 hours later, no battery life.  About a month ago, I had to do a reset as the face of watch started flashing.    My Fitbit Blaze is about 18 months old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. My Blaze is 18 months old and recently battery lasts 24 hours.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Lulides and @MVermont it's great to see you around.

If I am not wrong @Lulides, you can use that 25% discount on any other tracker (excluding the Ionic). You can take a look at this page, where you will be able to compare all Fitbit trackers, maybe there's one that you might like.

Now @MVermont, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further assistance. In the meantime, you can check our warranty policy.

See you later. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery life also started to tank at two years. Now I'm at 2.5 years or so and it only stays charged for maybe two hours. Its unusable now and sits in a drawer. Agreed that it feels like planned obsolence. This is my 4th fit bit product since 2015 - I don't think I'll be buying another 

Best Answer
I cleaned off charging connections with toothpick and it is working fine
now. Try that. Hopefully it works
--

*The Universe gives back what you give out...Maureen*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ditto, spent close to $300 after taxes 20 months ago, now the battery only lasts maybe 8 hours. Fitbit support identified the unit as defective right away. I got the outside of warranty period so the standard  25% discount was offered, and only on a limited number of units (ticket#24328233), upgrading is not  an option without investing hundreds of dollars further. So if I am looking at an upgrade why would I now look at Fitbit again?  I am not asking for a replacement but a more reasonable discount in exchange for some customer loyalty. Lora E. in support was not interested and invited me to do her job and escalate this to her manager. Not the kind of service or concern that earns loyalty from customers. I get the warranty has expired and a replacement may not be in the works, but motivate me to remain loyal by an attractive discount on a replacement/upgrade. It is horrible when the lifespan of this product is measured in months after a $300 investment.

Best Answer

Don't purchase a fitbit. My blaze is doing the same thing and received the 25% offer. At least apple will fix their battery issues. Again don't purchase a fitbit if you want to use it more than 2 years. 

Best Answer

I’m in the same boat as you. Had my Charge less than a year and it died on me; then got the Blaze- now the charge on my Blaze won’t hold (had it 14 months). Customer service gave me. 25% discount but at this rate I could have invested in an Apple Watch or Garmin.... they want people to stick around they should have a better backing of their product- particularly with loyal customers!

Best Answer

A quick update as my ticket was still active. I was going to bite the bullet and try out the Versa with the discount offered, I know I am a sucker for punishment. But guess what, they do not offer any discounts for the Versa and instead left me completely hanging. they keep their product lines separate and a bad experience on one line does not translate to their other line. A little more research shed some light on why my experience this time felt different than past encounters on warranties and defective products.  Flip your internet search engine into Fitbit stock, it is tanking, the Ionic was supposed to save the company and sales are way below predictions, so stock continued to sink. Now everything seems to be riding on the Versa saving things. So what is the one of the last remaining asset Fitbit seems to be liquidating now - customer loyalty- they can't afford to invest in it anymore so are less caring in their actions and retaining us as customers. I really do hope Fitbit survives their financial crisis and come out stronger, even if it ends up being an acquisition for another company (read new partner). Such a success will help to keep the coopetition honest. As for me and my experience - Good bye Fitbit.

Best Answer

Yes, I had the same thing. Very disappointed as after looking at the different devices I would have chosen the Versa but my voucher doesn’t allow it.

I’m considering moving over to Garmin as my husband has one and it has the swim function that i thought was good about the Versa.

Alison

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My fitbit blaze is about two years old. The battery used to be great - 4 to 5 days and I would charge it while I was in the shower. In the last week, the battery life has been slowly shortening to where I could measure it in the hours. I found this thread and my experience seems to match everyone else's. Today, after fully charging it overnight, my battery lasted 4 hours and died.

I was in the market for an upgrade this year anyway, but I wanted to give the watch to my daughter who is very athletic and would love to use it.

Best Answer

I ended up with the Samsung as it is one of the few with Spotify compatibility and love the bezel feature for scrolling through features.

Best Answer

Which Samsung? I am leaning towards one of their models. Are they too big or heavy to workout with?

Fitbit's lack of response is what made up my mind. They should replace my battery or offer one for a good price.

Best Answer
The sport, I am pretty happy with it and I have had it for a couple of months

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

But not on new models!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done this several times over the past 4 weeks and to no avail my tracker won't last now than 36 hours which is a huge bummer. I dibs myself forgetting it before I leave for work in the morning and losing a whole day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I look to be the same as everyone here, climbed Ben Nevis and then the battery has just died.

Will not last 24 hours, which is extremely old for only having owned the Blaze for 1.5 yrs.

Tried all the troubleshooting ideas as well, just terribly poor form from FitBit and terribly short sighted from a tech perspective.

Best Answer

Same problem here. I contacted customer support and they said that the watch is no longer any good. Once battery doesn't hold a charge, the watch is no longer any good. They offered me a 20 % discount on purchasing a new one. They said the batteries can not be replaced. This sucks. Because my watch is only a year and a half old. I won't be buying a new one from this company. Very unhappy. For the price of them I think the batteries should a lot last longer.

Best Answer

Used my Blaze for the first time on 28/Dec/2017.  Charge was lasting 3 or 4 full days.  Yesterday, the device died while out on a walk in the afternoon, returned home and charged it and it was dead again by midnight.  Twice today, same story - getting 4 hours per full charge.  Not looking good based on other peoples experiences.  Have emailed support and await their suggestions.  Has anyone ever had a battery replaced?

Best Answer