Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Battery Life not lasting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since it first came out.  Recently, I have noticed that the battery life really has decreased.  Was there an update that started making this an issue?  I charged it yesterday morning and when I went to the gym around noon EST, it was flashing red.  I have had it on the charger for about 2 hours and finally fully charged.  Any insight would be helpful.

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Same here. I was wondering if suddenly when it hits 18 months old, the device starts to die. Can fitbit please check and let us know? 

Best Answer

Exactly my problem...recently the battery life on my Fitbit Blaze, which was always approx 5 days has dropped considerably. Battery runs down throughout the day; I have to charge it every night. Any help from Fitbit corporate would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answer

I haven't heard of any update issues, but you never know.  In the meantime, I am going to to suggest the old standby of restarting it a couple of times. Press and hold the left and bottom right buttons until you see the Fitbit logo - should take less than 10 seconds.

You might also try cleaning your contacts on the Blaze and the charger to make sure it is getting a good connection.  When you are charging, are you getting a full battery icon in the top left corner of your Blaze screen?

If none of that helps, then contact Customer Support. They could tell you if there is an issue with your device or a known issue with the update.   

Let us know if you find a solution!

Best Answer

I have the same issue and that was what brought me to this forum. My blaze charges with full battery and will only last for few hours unlike before that it last for days. Any suggestions will help.

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine!

First of all, thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves. If you are having battery issues, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there. After those steps, please test your trackers.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I noticed today that when I put my blaze on the charger, it had 2 red lines. 20 minutes later, still the 2 red lines. I opened and closed the charger (did not remove my fitbit), suddenly 3/4 charged. I wonder if the charge indicator is wrong. It may say fully charged/green but the battery really isn't. That would explain the less than 24hr battery life I've been getting lately.

Best Answer

Great to see you around @JSkillman. Have you take a look at my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend doing this and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. Woman Wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

This has been happening to me too. The last couple of weeks. I've had my blaze for almost 1 year in February. With this today it took away six of my active minutes and 1000 steps as it approached midnight. I was taking a walk around my neighborhood and check it every five minutes. It was the strangest thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the battery lasted you 5 days did you have the quick view on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Enigma2911, welcome to the Community and @Oggy755 thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you have get in touch with our support team, have they offer you a solution for the battery issue you are experiencing?

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine Feb 13, 2016, exactly on my birthday. And exactly on Feb 13, 2018 started to fail. Very suggestive. I did nothing different, used to charge it every 2 days, sync every night, and now it doesn’t even last a day! If it’s really a business strategy to force you to replace it, I’m getting the Apple watch. This is my third Fitbit, Flex broke after first year, Charge HR passed it on to my boyfriend - stopped working after 6 months. Now Blaze acting weird after 2 years exactly?!?! Mmmmmm

Best Answer

It's great to welcome you @Lulides.

Since the troubleshoot provided in this thread didn't work, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer

I've run into the same issue. My fitbit Blaze is only about 2 years and a couple months old; getting it in December of 2015. Within the past few weeks the Blaze is lucky to last 6 hours after lasting almost a week. It seems to be a common issue. I don't think I'll be getting a new one with the purchase price if your forced to replace it every couple of years.

Best Answer

Thank you. I received your email and replied this afternoon.

I notice that when I put the fitbit to charge, only one line shows up and blinks weirdly. Then, I turn it off, unplug the cable off the wall, plug it back in, and that's when it shows charging as usual - but still, then charge lasts only a few hours.

The problem is that my job gives rewards throughout challenges and it's calculated directly through the fitbit - I'm missing on these rewards because of my unit not being working efficiently. 😞 That's like a $750/year rewards just for completing the 10,000 step goal/day! and I'm not able to count them. I'm so disappointed... hopefully I can get a solution soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, after ordering a new device last night, I decided to try one last thing: I deleted the Blaze and setup again as a new device. This morning the battery showed full, and the green lights in the back are blinking normally again, which they had also stopped blinking completely when the battery started failing. I’m going to see how it behaves today, if this fixed it, I’ll return the new device.

How come Support never suggested this basic fix?!???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Nbarn, I would like to know if you have followed the instructions provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at it and follow the steps provided.

Now @Lulides, thanks for the update and for sharing the troubleshoot you tried in order to fix the battery issues you were experiencing. I know more users will find your tips really helpful. Please keep me posted about your tracker's behavior.

See you around. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had mine for 18 months and it is doing the same thing.  Used to hold its charge really well now I’m lucky if it lasts 2 or 3 days.  Have you sorted yours?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not really. I tried the tricks that @AlejandraFitbit sent in her last message but while it did extend the battery life, my fitbit still does not last more than a day.

Best Answer

Great to see you around @AlisonTS and @Nbarn thanks for the update.

Since the troubleshoot provided didn't work, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes